Jump to content
HonestOpinion

Helix Bug Reports

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, phil_m said:

 

Oh come on now, this is one bug... Line 6 support has actually been phenomenal with the Helix. I've seen them do crazy things to help customers. I imagine once they are aware of this, they will try to fix it quickly. It looks like it slipped through testing.

 

While I agree that the support is great for the most part, you can hardly call this bug slipped. I filed a ticket for this in November 2017, and the bug was acknowledged (with a three week delay after I filed the ticket, I might add). In my ticket I was promised a "quick fix" since 2.40. Didn't happen.

 

Fwiw, it took me about 20 minutes after I unboxed my Helix to discover this bug. Q&A should have caught that easily.

 

Leaves kind of a foul taste, because this bug really is a deal breaker as far as using external gear is concerned. Makes me wonder if they really only care to look good to the "more more more" users, the "how many amps and pedals" stastistics and those who stay within the L6 eco system... that's my tinfoil hat theory anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phil_m said:

 

Oh come on now, this is one bug... Line 6 support has actually been phenomenal with the Helix. I've seen them do crazy things to help customers. I imagine once they are aware of this, they will try to fix it quickly. It looks like it slipped through testing.

 

Respectfully, I disagree.  There were 52 bugs specifically listed plus another bullet that stated "many other fixes and optimizations".  The 2.4 patch was released many months ago so these bugs have been present in their shipped software while they were working on new models.  I completely support product development, especially since I own the product, but I have some experience working with large software development operations, and when teams prioritize shipping new features over fixing broken features it's a sign of serious problems in the software development process. 

 

"Slipped through testing" isn't a reasonable response in today's world.  Most of these tests should be automated and run every time a developer checks in code. If an existing feature breaks it gets fixed then and there.  Yes, I've shipped software with defects.  I'd also expect serious questions if I shipped software claiming to fix a defect that had been out in the wild for months and it was still present.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, phil_m said:

 

Oh come on now, this is one bug... Line 6 support has actually been phenomenal with the Helix. I've seen them do crazy things to help customers. I imagine once they are aware of this, they will try to fix it quickly. It looks like it slipped through testing.

 

While I generally think Line 6 support is outstanding, I am hugely disappointed that the CC functionality in snapshots is still an issue. Since I use my Helix as a control center and multi FX for my amp rig, I've been forced to stick with V2.21. I sure would like to get all those cool added FX, but if I can't switch all my amp functions using snapshots, I'm sunk. I've been waiting patiently since March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since update 2.60:

Snapshot renaming doesn't hold. Not by HX edit or by Helix LT unit itself.

It does hold if you save (2x save) after change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thenizze said:

Since update 2.60:

Snapshot renaming doesn't hold. Not by HX edit or by Helix LT unit itself.

It does hold if you save (2x save) after change.

 

This sounds like normal behavior. At least with the Helix the first time you press save it indicates the location to be saved to and gives you an opportunity to change the location if you want. It is the second press that actually does the save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something strange is happening with regard to Variax Model selection.

For some reason the Helix hardware screen is not displaying the "Don't Force"option, but only on the Variax Model. The "Don't Force" options is available for Volume, Tone and Tuning. 

In HX Edit the "Don't Force" option for Variax Model  can be selected, but doesn't make any difference on the Helix screen display.

It must be some sort of bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 10:53 PM, RufusOnFire said:

So the MIDI CC Toggle bug that was reported in 2.5x is still present.  I've been waiting since March for this update and it has utterly failed.

 

  • Helix, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT only: In some cases, Command Center CC Toggle messages are not sent when selecting snapshots — FIXED

NOPE.  Not fixed in the slightest.  

 

I currently have my Helix set up to control my RJM analog loop switcher which accepts CC commands.  The assigned switches control the gizmo as expected.  When changing between snapshots the lights work as intended but no MIDI CC command is sent.  This bug was reported in February or March.  Come on Line6, get it together!

 

On 7/4/2018 at 4:44 AM, nhoven said:

 

No, it doesn't. Yes, you can assign CC toggles to footswitches, but they are not recalled correctly (or sometimes at all) when recalling snapshots. Also, the lit and unlit values (usually 127 and 0) get mixed up, and sometimes I've even seen bogus values like 4 or 6 being sent. It's a total mess and completely broken.

 

So, I finally got a chance to mess with this tonight, and it seems to be working as expected for me... I started with a blank preset and added 4 CC Toggle commands to footswitches, and set them different in each snapshot. According to the MIDI OX monitor, the expected CC messages with the correct values are being sent when I change snapshots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, phil_m said:

 

 

So, I finally got a chance to mess with this tonight, and it seems to be working as expected for me... I started with a blank preset and added 4 CC Toggle commands to footswitches, and set them different in each snapshot. According to the MIDI OX monitor, the expected CC messages with the correct values are being sent when I change snapshots.

 

Thanks for testing this. I wonder if there are any differences in the MIDI behavior between maybe particular presets upgraded from a former firmware, and setting up the MIDI commands from scratch in a new preset on the 2.60 firmware. Also I hope people reporting this are familiar with the differences between the behavior for global snapshot settings "Recall" and "Discard". If you don't get the snapshots saved properly to begin with you are obviously much more prone to get wonky results when you test your snaphsot's MIDI output.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Phil,

 

thanks for actually checking things out. I've revisited the problem too. Please take a look at my attached preset, It contains three CC toggles that control my 3-channel amp. It uses CC91 to toggle to the crunch channel, CC92 to toggle to the lead channel and CC90 to toggle between the two master volumes. I've setup four snapshots for Clean, Crunch, Lead, and Lead plus 2nd Master, my Helix is set up to show 4 stomps on the top row and 4 snaps on the bottom row, snapshot edits are set to discard. Everything works as long as you don't touch the CC Toggles between recalling snapshots. Also, recalling a modified snapshot doesn't work. Pleased follow these steps:

 

 

Scenario 1: Messed up CC toggles

 

- load the preset
- recall snapshot 2 / Crunch: CC 91/127 is sent
- activate 92 Lead and 90 Master: 92/127 and 90/127 are sent, both LEDs are turned on
- recall snapshot 1 / Clean: only 91/0 is sent, but all CC Toggle LEDs are turned off. Helix should have sent 90/0, 91/0, 92/0
- activate 92 Lead: 92/0 is sent, LED is turned on
- deactivate 92 Lead: 92/127 is sent, LED is turned off

- The polarity of the CC Toggle is now flipped.

 

 

Scenario 2: Recalling a snapshot

 

- load preset
- recall snapshot 2 / Crunch: 91/127 is sent
- turn off 91 Crunch, turn on 92 Lead, turn on 90 Master: 91/0, 92/127, 90/127 is sent
- again recall snapshot 2 / Crunch: The LEDs are reset, no CCs are sent

 

What Helix SHOULD do: send every saved CC value on every snapshot change. As it looks now, it tries to look what was changed and tries to undo that, but obviously it misses a few things. My opinion: Don't try to be clever, do what works. It's not so much data. I've built and programmed my own midi floor controller (which I've been using on the road for a few years) that extensively uses CC toggles to control various states in my rack; it sends up to 32 different CCs and 16 different PCs with every preset recall, and I've yet to see any loss of data or latency due to sending too much data.

 

Really. Don't be clever, be thorough.

 

I hope this helps to clear up the issue.

CC Toggle2.hlx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

48 minutes ago, nhoven said:

What Helix SHOULD do: send every saved CC value on every snapshot change. As it looks now, it tries to look what was changed and tries to undo that, but obviously it misses a few things. My opinion: Don't try to be clever, do what works. It's not so much data. I've built and programmed my own midi floor controller (which I've been using on the road for a few years) that extensively uses CC toggles to control various states in my rack; it sends up to 32 different CCs and 16 different PCs with every preset recall, and I've yet to see any loss of data or latency due to sending too much data.

 

Per the manual, the Helix only sends CC data if the value saved in the snapshot you’re going to is different than the one you’re currently in. I know in the Facebook group Igor mentioned looking at changing this to global setting so people could choose how they wanted it to behave, but right now, it’s not designed to send every CC value per snapshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well obviously it misses quite a few changes. My opinion: That's bad design that is bound to lead into issues like the one I demonstrated above. I can see the need to prevent duplicate sends, but make that toggle-able like the PCs (apart from making sure that the states stay consistent). And, if you want to prevent duplicate sends, make sure you catch every case. You have to admit: My scenarios above aren't that uncommon and complicated that they can be tossed aside as exceptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on 2.60 firmware on the Helix and I am getting sporadic "Timeout..." error dialog boxes when trying to save with the 2.6 editor. I have never seen these prior to this version of the editor. Anyone else getting these errors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

I'm on 2.60 firmware on the Helix and I am getting sporadic "Timeout..." error dialog boxes when trying to save with the 2.6 editor. I have never seen these prior to this version of the editor. Anyone else getting these errors?

Yes after a while of being on, the Helix somehow disconnects from Hx Edit. Clicking “Reconnect” doesn’t work, only turning the Helix off/on

 

i also noticed the Placater dirty amp has lower output. I was in the middle of recording before the update and new tracks were a few dB quieter. It was easy enough to reamp (always record your DI!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am getting incomplete presets. Boxes are empty, so i have to load the preset and load it again. I have open a support ticket...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 11:39 PM, phil_m said:

 

 

So, I finally got a chance to mess with this tonight, and it seems to be working as expected for me... I started with a blank preset and added 4 CC Toggle commands to footswitches, and set them different in each snapshot. According to the MIDI OX monitor, the expected CC messages with the correct values are being sent when I change snapshots.

 

Thanks for testing this - phil_m.

Here's what I found:

First, I owe Line 6 an apology, as the CC functionality within snapshots DOES work for me in V2.60.  That being said, it was a royal PITA to get all my presets/snapshots working right again.

After installing V2.6 and restoring from my backup, any footswitch assigned to a CC toggle in any snap of any preset, if it was stored in the LIT state, would not toggle with snapshot changes.  I had to go to each preset one by one, activate each snapshot which needed a CC footswitch ON, toggle to stomp mode, touch the switch to enter command center, turn the lit value down to zero, toggle the footswitch to the UNLIT state, turn the LIT value back up to 127, then the CC footswitch would work properly, save the preset for that snapshot, move on to the next snapshot, and repeat ad nauseum for every LIT CC footswitch in every snapshot of every preset I had programmed.  Luckily, I only have 2 sets worth of songs set up this way!  Any CC footswitches which were stored in snapshots in their UNLIT state, seemed to work just fine once I switched to stomp mode.

I use the CC toggle footswitches to operate a Voodoo Labs Control Switcher to activate crunch channel, lead channel and solo boost mode on a Mesa Boogie MKV, with the Helix wired using 4CM to the input and FX loop of the amp, and the aux input of the Helix connected to the Piezo out of my PRS guitar, driving acoustic IR's into my PA system.  Everything else I've tried so far seems OK, although I don't use amp modeling hardly at all with this rig, mostly just FX. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have gotten snapshots and CC Toggles to work, with one significant caveat.  It seems as if single CC Toggles work fine, but multiple toggles engaged produces inconsistent results.  I haven't had much time to fuss with it, I'm not really willing to invest much more time in the Helix at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After updating to 2.60, changing snapshots on new patches cause my unit to freeze completely... Patches built before the update work fine but anything new will freeze when changing snapshots.  Happens both with editor and the unit itself.  It's frustrating because I can't build anything new.  I have done global reset and restored from backup... re updated the firmware... downgraded to 2.54... re upgraded to 2.60... still no luck...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajt0313 said:

After updating to 2.60, changing snapshots on new patches cause my unit to freeze completely... Patches built before the update work fine but anything new will freeze when changing snapshots.  Happens both with editor and the unit itself.  It's frustrating because I can't build anything new.  I have done global reset and restored from backup... re updated the firmware... downgraded to 2.54... re upgraded to 2.60... still no luck...

 

Just checking, did you upgrade to the 2.6 version of HX Edit as well as upgrading the firmware? The easiest way to tell is look in HX Edit for the two new amp models and new effects like the treble booster. Upgrading both firmware and editor and then doing a backup, global reset, and then a restore seems to help some people as well. Good luck getting this resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

 

Just checking, did you upgrade to the 2.6 version of HX Edit as well as upgrading the firmware? The easiest way to tell is look in HX Edit for the two new amp models and new effects like the treble booster. Upgrading both firmware and editor and then doing a backup, global reset, and then a restore seems to help some people as well. Good luck getting this resolved.

Yes I did... I've checked out the two new amp models and they are sweet!  I have found a workaround in the meantime... I can copy and existing patch and then clear the blocks and build from there without issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is a firmware issue or a hardware issue but I upgraded to 2.60 last week and now I have absolutely no input signal on my Helix. It worked fine until yesterday. I suppose that qualifies as a major bug. Of course my warranty ran out last month. Hope it's nothing serious or else I'm stuck with a (in Canada, after taxes) $2300 brick, which I can ill afford. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, raskolnikov38 said:

Not sure if this is a firmware issue or a hardware issue but I upgraded to 2.60 last week and now I have absolutely no input signal on my Helix. It worked fine until yesterday. I suppose that qualifies as a major bug. Of course my warranty ran out last month. Hope it's nothing serious or else I'm stuck with a (in Canada, after taxes) $2300 brick, which I can ill afford. 

That's not a known "bug" as far as I can tell. You should call and open a ticket.

I'm sure it's solvable. But first... did you do an "all reset" (please back up all your patches and IR first)? Did you try re-installing 2.6? There are a number of things you can try first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did a factory reset and reinstalled 2.60. Nothing. The tuner isn't even getting a signal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, raskolnikov38 said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did a factory reset and reinstalled 2.60. Nothing. The tuner isn't even getting a signal. 

Try a different input (aux or one of the returns). You can also change the input the tuner is looking at to verify. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, raskolnikov38 said:

Not sure if this is a firmware issue or a hardware issue but I upgraded to 2.60 last week and now I have absolutely no input signal on my Helix. It worked fine until yesterday. I suppose that qualifies as a major bug. Of course my warranty ran out last month. Hope it's nothing serious or else I'm stuck with a (in Canada, after taxes) $2300 brick, which I can ill afford. 

 

I'm assuming you've done the obvious thing of trying a different cable...

 

Other than that, I'd open up a support ticket. If it's an actual hardware issue, I'm sure it can be fixed regardless of the warranty state. Line 6 doesn't want to leave people out in the cold for issues like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

48 minutes ago, PeterHamm said:

That's not a known "bug" as far as I can tell. You should call and open a ticket.

I'm sure it's solvable. But first... did you do an "all reset" (please back up all your patches and IR first)? Did you try re-installing 2.6? There are a number of things you can try first.

 

15 minutes ago, jbuhajla said:

Try a different input (aux or one of the returns). You can also change the input the tuner is looking at to verify. 

I tried all of these things and I'm still not getting any signal. It's definitely the Helix because everything works fine when I plug into my tube amp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, raskolnikov38 said:

 

 

I tried all of these things and I'm still not getting any signal. It's definitely the Helix because everything works fine when I plug into my tube amp. 

Open a ticket. It'll get solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all

 

I was on a gig last night, and I have an acoustic preset set up, with a couple of effects, and a looper. I was going in to the 6-switch looper and starting my loop, coming out of the looper back to stompbox mode, putting on an octaver to add a bassline, and when I went back in to the looper, it was still playing, but there was no indication that anything was actually playing. The overdub text that comes up was missing, and the incorrect play/pause icon was highlighted. I then tried to record an additional loop and it stopped playing altogether. Has anyone experienced anything similar at all? I turned it off between sets and it seemed to work after that. But obviously I don't really want this to happen again. Any ideas on what it could have been, or things I might be able to do to avoid this kind of isssue happening again? 

 

Thanks in advance for your help guys

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this existed in pre-2.60 versions too:

1. Select a preset with an amp block

2. Open Global Settings

3. Select any category (e.g. Ins/Outs)

4. While touching a footswitch, press Page Left or Page Right.

 

Result: While the "Global Settings" Screen is still being displayed, the rotary knobs change to amp controls instead of the settings. I'll open a ticket for that.

 

[EDIT] While it was perfectly reproducible a moment ago, I can't seem to stimulate this condition anymore. It seems to be a more complex connection of events or a sporadic bug.

IMG_20180715_103106.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dragonfet said:

Not sure if this existed in pre-2.60 versions too:

1. Select a preset with an amp block

2. Open Global Settings

3. Select any category (e.g. Ins/Outs)

4. While touching a footswitch, press Page Left or Page Right.

 

Result: While the "Global Settings" Screen is still being displayed, the rotary knobs change to amp controls instead of the settings. I'll open a ticket for that.

 

[EDIT] While it was perfectly reproducible a moment ago, I can't seem to stimulate this condition anymore. It seems to be a more complex connection of events or a sporadic bug.

IMG_20180715_103106.jpg

 

Sounds to me like you may have just activated the capacitance sensitive footswitch capability. Not a bug, a feature. Just don't touch a footswitch while you are changing global options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a bug on 2.60 Helix Edit.  If the window is not on the default monitor the preferences (eg FILE->PREFERENCE) keeps disapearing.  This si true of all the windows menu items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, found another one, I think. Besides the Variax model selection not displaying "Don't Force", the speaker selection when editing a amp and cab model will wipe out the bracketed amp parameters for snapshots if you push the joystick in to view the speaker selection list. If you just rotate through the speaker selections, it doesn't wipe out the parameters. This is new behavior. The obvious work around is to use separate amp and cab blocks, or not to push the joystick,  but is annoying...

 

This is the fw 2.60 on my helix floor. 

 

Dave 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I updated to 2.60, and have been enjoying the update.  There are two things that I have noticed:

 

1.  MIDI Messages Assigned to Stomp Buttons

I have posted before regarding MIDI bugs in stomp mode and command center; so far the Instant Commands are working better than they were before, but sometimes the stomp CCs can be a bit buggy.  The main thing I've noticed is that if I have a CC message assigned to a stomp button, it will occasionally switch to a lit state in between snapshots; this wouldn't normally be a huge deal for me, but I mainly use the CC messages to utilize transport controls in Ableton Live.  Occasionally when I switch snapshots, the Fast Forward button will be lit, and then I can't stop the fast forward function unless I completely clear the MIDI message from that particular stomp... weird... Anyone else run into this?

 

2.  Unexpected Parameter Changes In Snapshots

So, I believe I have experienced this before 2.60, but it was never so frequent that I felt the need to post to forums... Since updating, however, it seems to be happening a lot more often.  The unexpected changes occurs on a multitude of blocks--Amp (Presence settings), Modulation (Time), Delay (Time, Feedback, and Mix), and Reverb (Mix).  Two things happen:  First, there are occasions when the time parameter switches from my tempo specific note values (such as 1/4 or 1/8) to milliseconds.  Second, there are times when the snapshot value shifts whatever value I have to 0%, 1%, or 100%.  This is of course a huge shocker to me when I hit a note or chord with delay on and suddenly the note doesn't stop repeating due to the feedback being at 100%.  I've not been able to pinpoint exactly what causes the issue, but I think it may have to do when I plug in my Variax and press the model knob to turn on the Variax (which, by the way, my Variax always turned on automatically [if I'm remembering correctly] when I'd connect to my old HD500, is this the way other peoples' Variax functions with their Helix?).  It may also just happen when I change quickly between snapshots.  One last strange thing in regards to this issue:  It seems like this either affects how the Helix exports or imports the presets as well.  There are times when I know I export the preset with all the right settings, but other times I can load the preset and the issue is evident upon importing it to a new preset.  Again, anyone else run into this problem?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've updated to 2.60 and designed a few great sounding patches based around the new Cali Texas Ch.1 Model. However, is anyone else facing this issue I have, where the volume keeps dropping and then completely disappears? 

 

I've tried a few solutions that I've seen provided after searching about this online - such as not leaving the bass control at 0 (I have mine at 0.3, and 3.9 depending on gain structure and snapshot), and also assigning EXP 2 Pedal Position to 'Global' instead of 'Per Preset'. Unfortunately that still does not resolve the issue.

 

It definitely is solved after I go to a different preset and then back again, but that does make it highly worrisome. Just played two relatively big shows where I had a bit of anxiety just making sure my volume wasn't dropping by continually going back and forth between presets, in between songs.

 

Do chime in if you're facing this - and also if there are any solutions!

 

best,

Redwan

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2018 at 8:52 PM, Guitarmaniac64 said:

Still working on changing order and color those snapshots in that preset package 

It has happend again 2-3 times that the snapshot have copy itself instead of swapping order so i can now confirm its a bug

The annoying thing is i really dont know when its gonna appear.

Workaround solution for the last block turn off when either swap (Oh another bug perhaps?) or change snapshot by hitting the FS

(I dont want to use the editor other than to rename some of the snapshots for this task as i have to use the unit to colour the rings anyway) is to copy over the same preset again from Fremens bundle and swap the snaps around then color the FS rings then hit save.

Well what do you know it ISN'T a bug it's actually an OPTION.

If you VERY QUICKLY touch two FS in Snapshot mode you will be asked if you want to copy one snapshot to the other FS you touched..

If you hold your fingers a little bit longer on the FS.s you will be asked if you want to SWAP Snapshot.

So it was user error not a bug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be a "wrong name" bug 

On the Fremen preset Cartographer 1 i might found a bug

So unless Fremen himself renamed the FS 9 ? (which was assigned to Thriefter Fuzz but showed Teemah under the block)

Or later swapped the effect after he saved the Preset i dont know maybe Fremen can confirm if it is so or not?

 

 

Helix Names Screenshot 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi i'm new to the helix LT and i'm having trouble with the EXP 1, it's just not working. I read other people having the same problem, but not on the 2.60 update. What can I do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, charlierocker30 said:

Hi i'm new to the helix LT and i'm having trouble with the EXP 1, it's just not working. I read other people having the same problem, but not on the 2.60 update. What can I do?

 

Can you give some more details? In what capacity are you trying to use it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, redwanhamzah said:

I've updated to 2.60 and designed a few great sounding patches based around the new Cali Texas Ch.1 Model. However, is anyone else facing this issue I have, where the volume keeps dropping and then completely disappears? 

 

I've tried a few solutions that I've seen provided after searching about this online - such as not leaving the bass control at 0 (I have mine at 0.3, and 3.9 depending on gain structure and snapshot), and also assigning EXP 2 Pedal Position to 'Global' instead of 'Per Preset'. Unfortunately that still does not resolve the issue.

 

It definitely is solved after I go to a different preset and then back again, but that does make it highly worrisome. Just played two relatively big shows where I had a bit of anxiety just making sure my volume wasn't dropping by continually going back and forth between presets, in between songs.

 

Do chime in if you're facing this - and also if there are any solutions!

 

best,

Redwan

 

Hi Redwan, just curious: when your volume drops out have you been able to stop and check if any parameters have dropped to zero? Perhaps you have your amp’s master volume set via snapshot and it’s bugging out?  Again, just curious-I just posted about some of my parameters in other blocks going haywire; on the amp though it’s usually my presence going up to ten...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this over at TGP,  but no replies...

 

There seems to be a bug in the looper after 2.6 install.  If I create a loop using the 6-button looper in one patch and then switch to another patch that has a 6-button looper block, I can't overdub using the other patch.  The overdub icon reverts to the record icon, and when I hit the footswitch, it creates a new loop from scratch, erasing the original loop.

 

EDIT:  actually, I can overdub in the other patch, but only after hitting the play button first.  and you have hit it on exactly the beat the loop starts on, or it will screw up the timing relative to how badly you missed the beat.  either way, this is not a reasonable workaround.

 

This only happens with the 6-button looper, not the 1-button.  I never had this issue before the update.

 

I'm really bummed, because I use this all the time.  I'll create a loop with a guitar tone and then switch to another patch for a bass tone, or a completely different amp.  

 

One other issue...

 

When overdubbing with the 1-button looper, there's a delay when you hit the switch.  With the 6-button looper, the overdub begins the instant you hit the switch, but with the 1-button looper, if you hit the switch on the exact beat the overdub starts, there's a moment of silence before the overdubbed part begins.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2018 at 1:50 PM, Guitarmaniac64 said:

This might be a "wrong name" bug 

On the Fremen preset Cartographer 1 i might found a bug

So unless Fermen himself renamed the FS 9 ? (which was assigned to Thriefter Fuzz but showed Teemah under the block)

Or later swapped the effect after he saved the Preset i dont know maybe Fremen can confirm if it is so or not?

 

 

Find a couple of more "name bugs" in the Fremen 2.50 update presets they always appear on the dist block and always on FS 9 for some reason a Minetaur was a Top Secret OD or a Hedgehog D9 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×