Jump to content
HonestOpinion

Helix Bug Reports

Recommended Posts

Just an update. I sent back the faulty unit and received my new one. Works great. I am just very surprised that a brand new Helix arrived and was shutting down all over the place. Very disappointed and still a little scared as to just how solid this unit will be. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wondo said:

Just an update. I sent back the faulty unit and received my new one. Works great. I am just very surprised that a brand new Helix arrived and was shutting down all over the place. Very disappointed and still a little scared as to just how solid this unit will be. 

 

Every product ever made has the occasional defect. The odds of you getting two bad units in a row are really small.

Line 6 has been insanely reliable for me for 20 years. I've owned 11 of their products, never one failure... just an anecdote... but...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been using Helix with no problems for two years now. I use it 4CM with a Laney TT50 using a midi cable to switch channels. Since upgrading to 2.5 (which I downgraded right after) I keep having a problem using midi. I send PC messages via snapshots with no problem but when I change a preset on Helix the PC message on the command line comes prior to the Preset Change message of the unit so i keep getting wrong channels switched. Tried 2.71 but still no luck.

 

 

All firmwares before 2.50 were working great.

Is there any chance of fixing it from my settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2018 at 10:48 PM, jbuhajla said:

 

What instrument/pickups are you using? What amp and overdrive models are you using in your preset? Does it have the same noise when loading a blank preset?

 

Both Single Coil and Humbucker ( 2 diffrent guitars ). A Clean reset dident help.

Amp is an Ironheart Laney 120 W with a 4 x 12" going on low settings because i live in a apartment and i don't whant to disturb peoplle living around me to much.

I have now totaly removed all Cables and cleaned up my studio so i have renovated it alot and started to fix stuff.

I hope that this will help me with the sound issue as well if its a digital problem or not. Thats up to the test when i can fire up the new setup we aren't fully there yeat.

 

// Roberth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello i don't know if this is a bug and it's not a big problem but when you copy a snapshot to another. All the parameters are copied except the color of the led so if you copy on a empty preset you will have a switch with no color.

 

For me there is another bug when i work with my computer with no midi tempo sync and no tap tempo information. I use the computer to send midi cc and pc. sometimes the preset's tempo change to 20 bpm...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I have a random problem in a led ring switch (number 11 in my Helix LT), half led doesn't light uniformly, sometimes is the green one, other times is the blue one, so the led ring shines in two colors. I have reset the Helix but the problem persists.86205335_IMG_20181230_124020(2).thumb.jpg.79ca14699dde49e315a928ced94a1b5a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, migdelbar said:

This morning, second led ring switch problem, now tap tuner switch, blue led...IMG_20190104_134123.thumb.jpg.3ac38a5a5ab210daf9e22eaaaf225158.jpg

This is not a bug. It means you are slaved to external sync and have received such from a DAW or something.

Global Settings:MIDI/Tempo:Receive MIDI Clock is probably ON. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, migdelbar said:

Hello, I have a random problem in a led ring switch (number 11 in my Helix LT), half led doesn't light uniformly, sometimes is the green one, other times is the blue one, so the led ring shines in two colors. I have reset the Helix but the problem persists.86205335_IMG_20181230_124020(2).thumb.jpg.79ca14699dde49e315a928ced94a1b5a.jpg

 

The LED thing is likely a hardware issue, not a bug. Open a support ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not sure if this has been reported yet but... there is an issue with Command Center "Note On" command when used with Snapshots.

 

I have a patch that uses a foot switch assigned, via Command Center, to send a C4 Midi "Note On" message to a synth module. The patch uses a number of Snapshots BUT the note assignment often changes by itself on one or more of the snapshots to C-1.

 

After some experimentation, I can say that the note value stays solid if you choose the note BEFORE making up the snapshots. But if you subsequently change the note value on a snapshot (and I believe the Helix is supposed to remember the note value within the snapshot) and then move to another snapshot, the note value jumps to C-1 no matter what it was originally set to. Even if you can get the note values to not shift between snapshots and save the preset, when you recall it, the random note changes come back. Sometimes it's fine until you actually play the note (push the foot switch) and then the note value changes to C-1 when moving to another snapshot.  

 

It would be great if this could be fixed in the next release :)

 

Cheers,

Michael.

 

Helix Rack v2.70.0

Edit:

Just updated to v2.71 and this "feature" is still present.

Here's a little video to demonstrate the issue - maybe you can see if you can replicate it?

 

 

Edited by Afterglow-GTB
update firmware - bug still present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! It's always me and my midi problem...

 

I use midi CC and PC to change preset and snapshot. I use midi clock to synchronise.

 

When I just use PC and CC it work.

When I just use Clock it work.

But when i use twice. The helix listen only three message (one PC and 2 CC) after that he seems to ignore it.

 

I have check the midi message (with bome send DX) and all the message are sending so do you think it could be a helix bug?

 

i've joined the midi file and the txt who show the messages.

withclock.txt

withoutclock.txt

compo 1.mid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Volume Pedal in global mode misbehaviour.

 

Whatever patch I choose, volume pedal in global mode, I take note of the volume I'm in a given moment, let's say 50%, I just move up or down the volume pedal, let's say up to 63%. Then I change to another patch and I'd expect the second one to be at the same volume point (it's global configured) but it's not, it's something more thatn that, lets say 69%. I want to cross check the problem and be sure it's not a problem with the patch change, I then go back to patch one and verify if it's as I left it (63%) but it's not it's again at 69%. Problem increases as the volume change increases and it's very noticeable when you have to switch patches multiple times during a solo as volume will be different between the first patch and the second one.

 

Has anyone experienced that ? Thank you very much in advance.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, 

 

I've got problem with midi clock : I use Reaper to send PC, CC and midi clock for changing my effects, but with midi clock it freeze the Hx Effects. when I deactivate midi clock, it works perferctly fine. How to resolve this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, iNX974 said:

Hello, 

 

I've got problem with midi clock : I use Reaper to send PC, CC and midi clock for changing my effects, but with midi clock it freeze the Hx Effects. when I deactivate midi clock, it works perferctly fine. How to resolve this?

 

Is "Tx MIDI Clock" turned off under Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo on the HX Effects? With MIDI over USB it's very easy to get a MIDI feedback loop, and I suspect that's what's happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firmware 2.71. Im having problems with windows-drivers. I'm using Helix also as a soundcard so occasionally I get a problem that windows-sounds are cut into very low level for some reason. I usually have to restart Helix to fix the problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

When I change patches on one setlist it effects another.  Two folders seem to be linked.  

Has anyone encountered this or know how to fix it? 

 

Helix Floor 2.7.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some time ago it was reported by Line6 that people were complaining about an audible thump upon switching to a preset containing 

a Kinky Boost block. Is this still an outstanding bug fix as I am still getting it after downloading 2.71 firmware?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Not sure if this has been reported before.

Using Helix LT on 2.71 Firmware:

In Global EQ if I activate the High Cut (even with a negligible cut) there is a Massive difference in sound. It can be noticed by first setting the High Cut OFF and then cutting at 19.9 KHz... Massive difference, which I wouldn't expect...  Seems that is cutting much more than it should.

 

Cheers!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2018 at 5:46 AM, shmaque said:

Haven't found this in a search, but has anybody else had major issues with snapshot based tap tempos not working lately? HX Stomp FW ver 2.71 - tempos set to per snap, snap changes set to discard.

When editing a snap (eg to enable a block) and then saving, the snap will at times arbitrarily adopt (and save) the stored tempo for a different snapahot. This happened to me about 4 times over the weekend when trying to save quick updates to gain structures. 

 

Additionally, tapping manually to override the current snapshot's (eg ss3) tempo, then switching to a different snap and back does *not* restore the snap's (ss3) stored tempo. Instead, it reverts to whatever I tapped while 3 was last selected, regardless of the fact that snapshot changes are set to discard.

 

Seems tap tempos are all squirrelly in this FW version - is this an issue on floor/lt or just stomp?

 

Played a set last night where we were in the middle of sound check when I saved a change to one of my presets regarding my snapshot based Variax model.  The tempo is preset based and had been saved at 68 BPM.  When I clicked back through my presets after sound check I noticed the tempo light blinking very fast.  When I double tapped the button with my finger to display the tempo I believe it was 255 (it was maxed whatever it was).  Thankfully it was the first song of the set... otherwise that would have thrown me for a quick loop upon starting the song!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Support Ticket Submitted 2019-04-02

Firmware: 2.71
Footswitches: Top Presets/Bottom Snapshots
Expression Pedals:
1. Mission Engineering SP1L6H connected to EXP1 and Toe Switch on Helix Control
2. Ernie Ball VP JR connected to EXP2 on Helix Control

 

I'm using the Command Center to send MIDI PC/CC commands to a Behringer Virtualizer effects unit.  The MIDI PC changes presets on the effects unit.  MIDI CCs adjust the mix level.  EXP2 is used to control the CC value.  This is used to add delay/reverb to our vocals.

 

I have the commands set up on about 15-20 presets.  While configuring the Helix with these commands, it all worked as expected.

 

During the first performance after setting up the commands and EXP2 pedal, the Helix Rack and Helix Control units froze.  Audio was still passing through, however, I could not change presets using either the Control or the Rack units.  This was after about one hour of usage switching between a dozen or so presets.

 

The only solution was to power-cycle the Rack.  It continued on for about another hour before the same issue happened again.  Again, a power-cycle was required.

 

After the second lock-up, I disconnected the EXP2 pedal and the Helix system ran fine the rest of the performance.

 

I have used the Helix Rack and Control units for 16 performances without any issues.  This is the first issue I have had where the units failed.  The only differences, other than typical preset changes, is the addition of the second expression pedal and an instant command for each preset.

 

I could be wrong, but it seems that changing presets which triggered the instant commands seemed to work.  It seemed that when moving the expression pedal is what caused the unit to freeze.  Again, I'm not completely sure.

 

If needed, I can provide a full backup or individual presets.

 

Thank you for your assistance!
Mike Dawson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea if anyone will see this, but I think I found a weird glitch/bug with how my HX Stomp EQs my guitar when I'm using parallel routing and the FX loop.

 

I'm using my HX stomp within a pedalboard setup. Drive/gain/wah/octave before the HX Stomp and a Source Audio Nemesis Delay and Strymon Flint Reverb in the FX loop of the HX Stomp. The FX loop routing is a mono TS cable to the Nemesis, mono from the Nemesis to the Flint, and two mono cables into the FX return in the HX Stomp. Every preset of mine has the Stereo FX L/R block in it.

 

I have one preset that's all effects for going direct into an amp instead of into a PA. That preset had 6 blocks and parallel routing so that 4 effects and the FX loop block were on path A and the double tank reverb block was the only thing on path B. Routing split at the input and recombined at the output. I didn't do anything to the gain or pan on the signal split.

 

Here's where it gets weird: with the parallel routing like this, my midrange gets weirdly boosted and the highs and lows get swept out, like a wah that's on, but not moving. I actually did check my wah to make sure it wasn't on, but the weird EQing was elsewhere. When I deactivated the FX loop block, the EQ went back to normal. Also, when I changed the parallel routing from the whole preset to just a delay and reverb in parallel, the midrange jump also went away.

 

I also checked the Nemesis and Flint individually to make sure they weren't causing problems on their own and both worked normally.

 

Any ideas what's happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jasonbookman said:

No idea if anyone will see this, but I think I found a weird glitch/bug with how my HX Stomp EQs my guitar when I'm using parallel routing and the FX loop.

 

I'm using my HX stomp within a pedalboard setup. Drive/gain/wah/octave before the HX Stomp and a Source Audio Nemesis Delay and Strymon Flint Reverb in the FX loop of the HX Stomp. The FX loop routing is a mono TS cable to the Nemesis, mono from the Nemesis to the Flint, and two mono cables into the FX return in the HX Stomp. Every preset of mine has the Stereo FX L/R block in it.

 

I have one preset that's all effects for going direct into an amp instead of into a PA. That preset had 6 blocks and parallel routing so that 4 effects and the FX loop block were on path A and the double tank reverb block was the only thing on path B. Routing split at the input and recombined at the output. I didn't do anything to the gain or pan on the signal split.

 

Here's where it gets weird: with the parallel routing like this, my midrange gets weirdly boosted and the highs and lows get swept out, like a wah that's on, but not moving. I actually did check my wah to make sure it wasn't on, but the weird EQing was elsewhere. When I deactivated the FX loop block, the EQ went back to normal. Also, when I changed the parallel routing from the whole preset to just a delay and reverb in parallel, the midrange jump also went away.

 

I also checked the Nemesis and Flint individually to make sure they weren't causing problems on their own and both worked normally.

 

Any ideas what's happening?

 

Comb filtering and/or phasing... You have dry paths running through each side of the parallel path, and the one going through the FX Loop is lagging behind the other one because of the latency associated with the D/A and A/D conversions. You could try setting the mix on the Reverb block to 100% and then controlling the level of the reverb with the Level parameter. That will kill the dry signal in that path.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 5:14 AM, Charms71 said:

Hi all,

 

Volume Pedal in global mode misbehaviour.

 

Whatever patch I choose, volume pedal in global mode, I take note of the volume I'm in a given moment, let's say 50%, I just move up or down the volume pedal, let's say up to 63%. Then I change to another patch and I'd expect the second one to be at the same volume point (it's global configured) but it's not, it's something more thatn that, lets say 69%. I want to cross check the problem and be sure it's not a problem with the patch change, I then go back to patch one and verify if it's as I left it (63%) but it's not it's again at 69%. Problem increases as the volume change increases and it's very noticeable when you have to switch patches multiple times during a solo as volume will be different between the first patch and the second one.

 

Has anyone experienced that ? Thank you very much in advance.

 

 

 

I cannot replicate this behavior. The volume pedal is set to global and behaving normally for me across snapshots and presets in the 2.71 firmware. Is there any chance that your volume pedal is assigned to EXP2 in one preset and EXP1 or EXP3 in another preset? That might account for the volume block value changing.

 

If you are only using the Helix's default assignment of EXP2 for volume block assignment to the expression pedal make sure that 'Global Settings' --> 'EXP Pedals' --> 'EXP 2 Pedal Position' = 'Global'. In other words perhaps you need to ensure that the global setting and the assignment on the volume pedal are the same in all presets you expect to retain the volume currently set on the expression pedal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 9:14 AM, Josh_guitarreiru said:

Hi all,

 

Not sure if this has been reported before.

Using Helix LT on 2.71 Firmware:

In Global EQ if I activate the High Cut (even with a negligible cut) there is a Massive difference in sound. It can be noticed by first setting the High Cut OFF and then cutting at 19.9 KHz... Massive difference, which I wouldn't expect...  Seems that is cutting much more than it should.

 

Cheers!

 

You can control check that by doing a spectral analysis on a computer and comparing on/off. It will visually show you the exact cut off point. Im on vacation or I'd check it for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using HX Stomp, there are black boxes touching some shortcuts. Also when we are selecting category in the effects list, and we touch the fs1 or fs2 sensor, we got a black box on the screen, and covers a part of the display. Also when you enter in the tuner option and you touch fs1 and fs2 sensors, you got a question 'swap fs1 and fs2' and with any option you select, this pop up stay there mixing with the tuner screen 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019 at 2:07 AM, josejulian said:

Using HX Stomp, there are black boxes touching some shortcuts. Also when we are selecting category in the effects list, and we touch the fs1 or fs2 sensor, we got a black box on the screen, and covers a part of the display. Also when you enter in the tuner option and you touch fs1 and fs2 sensors, you got a question 'swap fs1 and fs2' and with any option you select, this pop up stay there mixing with the tuner screen 

 

Hi,

 

First thing to try is run through the Factory Reset options and see if it clears the bug. Make a back up of all your presets first then try.

 

HX Stomp

 

1.  All 3 Footswitches clears all presets/IRs

2.  FS1+2 resets presets and IRs

3.  FS 2+3 does a factory restore (globals, presets, IRs)

 

Option 3 may be the best way to put it back to normal. If none of these work, then you should raise a ticket with Customer Support.

 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Using a Helix Floor, firmware 2.71.

 

If I have tempo sync turned off the delays work beautifully. When I sync tempo to Ableton, there are dramatic glitches in the delayed signal, even with the Tap Tempo set to "transparent". 

 

This has only been an issue since I updated to 2.71.

 

I haven't tried all the delays, but this certainly affects the Ping Pong and Transistor Tape blocks, which are the main ones I use. As I play a lot of very ambient, slow stuff, this is very noticeable and very annoying.

 

My setup: Songs are set by selecting a scene in Ableton, which selects tempo and also sends PC info to the Helix (as well as to my Boss VE 500 voice processor). I then use Helix buttons to send midi messages to Ableton to start and stop clips for beats, backing etc. It all worked perfectly until I did the firmware upgrade.

 

I hope someone can help me!

 

thanks

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, AndyCopeman said:

Hi,

 

Using a Helix Floor, firmware 2.71.

 

If I have tempo sync turned off the delays work beautifully. When I sync tempo to Ableton, there are dramatic glitches in the delayed signal, even with the Tap Tempo set to "transparent". 

 

This has only been an issue since I updated to 2.71.

 

I haven't tried all the delays, but this certainly affects the Ping Pong and Transistor Tape blocks, which are the main ones I use. As I play a lot of very ambient, slow stuff, this is very noticeable and very annoying.

 

My setup: Songs are set by selecting a scene in Ableton, which selects tempo and also sends PC info to the Helix (as well as to my Boss VE 500 voice processor). I then use Helix buttons to send midi messages to Ableton to start and stop clips for beats, backing etc. It all worked perfectly until I did the firmware upgrade.

 

I hope someone can help me!

 

thanks

 

Andy

 

The first place I would look is under 'Global Settings' --> MIDI/Tempo.  Maybe one of your global settings changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya,

 

I've done that and tried every possible combination that makes any sense to me.

 

I have the Helix set to receive tempo sync over USB. It's not sending sync, so there shouldn't be any bizarre midi feedback happening.

 

If I turn off the ability to receive tempo sync the problem goes away ... but then so does my ability to sync the Helix with Ableton.

 

thanks

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AndyCopeman said:

Hiya,

 

I've done that and tried every possible combination that makes any sense to me.

 

I have the Helix set to receive tempo sync over USB. It's not sending sync, so there shouldn't be any bizarre midi feedback happening.

 

If I turn off the ability to receive tempo sync the problem goes away ... but then so does my ability to sync the Helix with Ableton.

 

thanks

 

Andy

 

Hi Andy,

 

IIRC, the firmware update to 2.71 was initially released at the end of November 2018, as a “hot fix” for the Helix Stomp unit. This was soon followed by another 2.71 which was intended for all the Helix range. As I understand it, this is just a minor patch which addresses a couple of bugs and brings all the products under the same firmware revision numbers. You mentioned this has only been an issue since updating to v2.71, therefore I would seriously consider reverting back to v2.70. until the highly anticipated update to 2.8 arrives.

 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

 

Edit:

I understand that the Transistor Tape Delay can be prone to gitchiness and noise issues and increasing the Headroom parameter can help. I’m not sure if that also applies to the Ping Pong, but it may be worth checking out.

Edited by datacommando
Additional info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this reply ... I'll give it a go and see if it helps. 

I'm not sure how to do a "downgrade" as opposed to an "upgrade", but I'll have a look at my options.

 

cheers

 

Andy

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again,

 

I did the downgrade to 2.70 and the issue still remains.

 

I realise that I initially skipped this upgrade and went straight from 2.50 to 2.71.

 

I'll have to decide whether or not to go back as far as 2.50 ... or else tolerate the glitches ... they sound like an old tape machine where the tape catches at a dirty splice, and they happen every couple of seconds. 

 

I have tried increasing the headroom and that has helped a little bit, but it's still there.

 

I'm all for emulations of analogue gear ... but not faulty analogue gear! Back in the tape days we spent a huge amount of effort making sure that these issues were avoided. :)

 

cheers and thanks

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AndyCopeman said:

Hi again,

 

I did the downgrade to 2.70 and the issue still remains.

 

I realise that I initially skipped this upgrade and went straight from 2.50 to 2.71.

 

I'll have to decide whether or not to go back as far as 2.50 ... or else tolerate the glitches ... they sound like an old tape machine where the tape catches at a dirty splice, and they happen every couple of seconds. 

 

I have tried increasing the headroom and that has helped a little bit, but it's still there.

 

I'm all for emulations of analogue gear ... but not faulty analogue gear! Back in the tape days we spent a huge amount of effort making sure that these issues were avoided. :)

 

cheers and thanks

 

Andy

 

Hi again,

 

Sorry that the regression to a previous version didn’t help. I’m really not sure what else to suggest because I’m working blind trying to imagine what you’re hearing. One thing that comes to mind is a lot of the “ambient” fans on here complained that the Helix reverbs were not really “wet” enough for those long spacey atmospheric ‘verbs. Line 6 decided to make the reverbs very wet, which the meant that users suddenly found that their tried and tested favourite presets were swamped in reverb. Consequently everyone seemed to agree that dropping the mix amount for reverb brought things back to a more manageable level. As you said that you like creating those long ambient tones, it makes me wonder if the reverb may be a contributing factor to the glitches you are experiencing.

 

Oh, yeah - Line 6 went to great lengths to recreate all that graininess, noise, wow and flutter of that pre-digital gear, even the low bit rates of early DDLs.. As for old tape equipment, I used an old Simms Watt Echo Dek for many years - they don’t get much more temperamental and quirky as those antique monsters.

 

You may want to tolerate a bit of glitching until v2.8 drops.

 

Happy Trails

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AndyCopeman said:

Hiya,

 

I've done that and tried every possible combination that makes any sense to me.

 

I have the Helix set to receive tempo sync over USB. It's not sending sync, so there shouldn't be any bizarre midi feedback happening.

 

If I turn off the ability to receive tempo sync the problem goes away ... but then so does my ability to sync the Helix with Ableton.

 

thanks

 

Andy

 

Clutching at straws here but when you upgraded your firmware to 2.71 did you also download and install the 2.71 HX Edit version to ensure that you got a driver that matched your firmware installed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hye,

 

I need some help,

I use midi CC and PC to change preset and snapshot and I use midi clock to synchronise. My software is reaper.

When I just use PC and CC it work. When I just use Clock it work. But when i use twice. The helix listen only three message (one PC and 2 CC) after that he seems to ignore it.

I have check the midi message (with bome send DX) and all the message are sending so do you think it could be a helix bug?

 

If someone can do some test with cubase or protools, I could spot if it is a reaper problem or a helix problem.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. I use HX Stomp for several month (about 20 gigs and a lot of practice) and twice I get strange flaw. I turn HX stomp on and no sound at all with any preset, while analog bypass sounds goes as usual. I reboot HX and it starts working ok. Not a big problem, but I'd like not to have it and I hope it'll not be more  frequent. Does anyone else have the same issues?

 

Firmware 2.71

 

2. I use Ipad via camera connection kit and usb cable to control changing presets and controlling effects using Touch OSC. I use PC commands to choose presets most of the time and it workds, but If I send commands too fast (random touches) or sometimes just use CC's to control, ipad stop working as controller and Line6 stops getting midi commands (ipad app show midi send). Unplugging and plugging it back helps.

 

iOS version 8.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a rythm patch,I have my expression pedal set to Wah with auto engage/Disengage active,


I have my external footswitch 5 to toggle on and off reverb/Delay and a volume boost,I use this for solo's

Separately this set up works fine but if I activate Footswitch 5 for a solo and try to bring in my Wah wah which is supposed to auto engage it doesn't work,
any work around so it will?

Is this a bug?

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Helix control over the tone knob of the JTV Variax is flawed. I have a patch with 3 snapshots that, among other things, control the tone knob. The first two are acoustic where I have lowered the tone knob in each, the third one is an electric with the tone knob up full. When I go from one of the acoustic snapshots to the electric, the tone knob does not go full. It apparently stays in the position the it was in for the acoustics. I can only turn it up using the knob on the JTV. Using HX Edit won't have any effect. I haven't totally played with this yet but so far this is my experience. Anyone else notice this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×