HonestOpinion

Helix Bug Reports

DAW does not recognize my HX stomp as an audio interface after the big windows update recently (about 3 days ago)

Please fix quickly! I need to be doing recording with it soon! 

I have reinstalled the HX stomp 2.81 drivers and reboot my computer, problem did not go away.

I am a bit puzzled as to how the line 6 helix drivers work. From what it looks like the updates are meant for the Helix unit itself, and not for the computer.

My issue now is currently that the 'HX Stomp Asio' does not appear under the list of of audio devices in both my DAWs. Would like to add that the HX stomp does appear on the windows control panel settings and I am able to use the HX stomp there but only for windows audio playback, not the DAW.

The only workaround I have is via Asio4all v2 where I am able to select the HX stomp within the DAW, but is this recommended?

Does anyone have the same issue after the major windows 10 update? 

Please issue a fix asap!

Hello I recorded this morning but i have to reload and reinstall the driver (I think it's the 1.91). But my helix's firmware is 1.71 (curently too afraid to do the update :) ). I will check my windows but I think it is up to date.

Just an update,

Problem is solved now. I reinstalled a few times the HX Stomp firmware to no avail, as I did not realize that it was actually the HX edit software that contained the drivers meant for Windows. 

Instead of only putting Bug Fixes and Known Issues on their download page for each software, line 6 should also put an overview of WHAT IT IS in the first place. It was misleading for me as they is no mention of drivers on the HX Edit installer, until you actually run the installer.

On 8/9/2019 at 7:42 AM, michalaase said:

Hi

Same thing here.

After updating Helix Floor from 2.71 to 2.81 some of my (user) Snapshots suddenly generates an error code: «The Helix device failed to recall snapshot data properly». Aftrer that, an issue with the switches - they does not change when I press them. Also - after some time trying several switches, snapshots etc. - Helix freezes and I have to shut down/startup to get it going.

Also had the level issue, but setting Global Settings > XLR Outputs to Line helped. - Which tells me that the 2.81 update did NOT load the old General Settings properly (from Backup).

Until they fix this, I'll have to downgrade to 2.71 and load my fresh 2.71 Backup file. Way to many of my Patches contains Snapshots that failed, and I don't want to spend several days regenerating them.

Also - saving Patches one-by-one (from 2.71) does NOT fix this problem !!

If Line6 are listening - the attached patch does NOT load properly in 2.81!!.

(Patch courtesy of Frank Perl - some modifications made by me)

Mesa Boogie JP2C.hlx

I'm staying on 2.71 until they fix these bugs.

HX STOMP: I have a consistent, repeatable "bug" with my dual aux switch running tap tempo/tuner. It is set at FS4 for me. I'm using a Simple Switch NO dual switch with TRS cable. When you first power on the unit and use the tap tempo, on the second tap, FS3's light turns red and stays on unless you touch FS3 with your finger or push it down. I can repeat it over and over. Always on the second tap when setting the tap tempo when you first turn it on. After that it doesn't seem to ever do it again. I've talked to others who have the exact same thing happen, and it happens even with the DMC Micro running midi, so I know it's something to do with the Stomp software itself.

Firmware: 2.8.2 (Helix LT)
Global Settings: Bottom row snapshots, top row pedals 
Bug: when returning from the tuner the display always switches to the signal path view instead of what I used before (the -don't know what it's called- 8 blocks representing the actions of the footswitches)

Firmware: 2.8.2 (Helix LT)
Global Settings: Bottom row snapshots, top row pedals. Controlling impedance with snapshots
Bug: When switching between snapshots with different impedances, sometimes the helix reverts to auto impedance. It displays auto in brackets as if the snapshot selected it, and the sound matches auto impedance. Changing to a different preset and back usually restores the correct impedance. 

Sometimes when I use the heir apparent it has a pop sort of when i engage with a footswitch.  Sorry if this has been posted latest firmware 

Firmware : 2.82 (Helix Floor)

I'm unable to write any preset on memory 8A, 8B or 8C on user bank 3. I can rename them, but as soon as I try to overwrite them/modify them and save them, the screen goes dark. This is either with the editor or directly on the machine. Loading a setlist on that bank doesn't work either