Jump to content
HonestOpinion

Helix Bug Reports

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, boasisb said:

HX FX:  Snapshots assigned to switches work as advertised, however for some reason FS4's LED appears on the mode switch.  Another user on the HXFX Users Facebook page is having the same issue.  Is there a global setting causing this somewhere, or a bug?

 

In the pic, Snapshot 3 located on FS4 is coded blue for reference, this happens on all presets and the only command is for the snapshot on the footswitch.

20200425_162440.jpg

I have the same issue on my HX FX. Also, with a snapshot assigned to FS5 it sometimes takes two taps to actually change snapshots. I assume it’s a bug. It seems to work correctly if I use FS1-FS3 for my snapshots instead of FS4-FS6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2.91 has not fixed the tempo-synced delay time versus tap light problem introduced with 2.90. The light and delay time bear no relation to each other in either 'Authentic', or 'Transparent' mode.

 

I realise that these are difficult times, so please just let me know that you're aware of it and a fix is envisaged. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The_Elf said:

2.91 has not fixed the tempo-synced delay time versus tap light problem introduced with 2.90. The light and delay time bear no relation to each other in either 'Authentic', or 'Transparent' mode.

 

I realise that these are difficult times, so please just let me know that you're aware of it and a fix is envisaged. Thanks.

This is just a thread for users to discuss and verify bugs. If you're sure they bugs and want them fixed, your best bet is to submit a support ticket to get them on Line6's radar. Also a good idea to comment or edit your post here when you do, so that people know it's been submitted and aren't flooding their support system with the same bug repeatedly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, qwerty42 said:

This is just a thread for users to discuss and verify bugs. If you're sure they bugs and want them fixed, your best bet is to submit a support ticket to get them on Line6's radar. Also a good idea to comment or edit your post here when you do, so that people know it's been submitted and aren't flooding their support system with the same bug repeatedly.

Have done. Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Helix LT which I have just updated to the latest version (2.91) and HX Edit at 2.81.

 

The Revv Gen Purple model is not showing in the amp lists on my HX edit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The_Elf said:

2.91 has not fixed the tempo-synced delay time versus tap light problem introduced with 2.90. The light and delay time bear no relation to each other in either 'Authentic', or 'Transparent' mode.

 

I realise that these are difficult times, so please just let me know that you're aware of it and a fix is envisaged. Thanks.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the led has always been out of sync with the tempo.

I believe someone said to me about a similar issue with the midi tempo receive that the led and the tempo itself work in different clocks in the Helix so they will always be desynced.

You have to trust your ears.

In my tests way before this tempo bug in 2.90 my delays and modulation were synced either with midi received tempo or tap tempo but the led never was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ppoceiro said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the led has always been out of sync with the tempo.

 

Yeah, I have never seen it working in time at all (but I only bought a Helix at FW revision 2.8). That's why I simply switched it off in the global settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

 

Yeah, I have never seen it working in time at all (but I only bought a Helix at FW revision 2.8). That's why I simply switched it off in the global settings.

 

Hm, just out of interest, I crosschecked and it seemed to be fairly accurate. Thing is, for whatever (psychological?) reaons, I find it incredibly tough to play along with the flashing. Happened to me before when trying to use my smartphone metronome just in optical mode. Maybe that's also why one tends to think it's off time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 10:56 AM, cehape said:

With 2.91 on the HX Stomp you can no longer use the "Simple Pitch" or "Whammy Pitch" to "downtune" your guitar, because the signal of the original guitar will be added to the mix, no matter the mix value is set to 100%. I think this is a bug, because I used this feature a lot to play along tracks with Eb-tuning, while leaving my guitar at standard tuning.

 

FYI, resetting the unit with FS2+FS3 and then loading a backup of my stomp solved this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

 

Hm, just out of interest, I crosschecked and it seemed to be fairly accurate. Thing is, for whatever (psychological?) reaons, I find it incredibly tough to play along with the flashing. Happened to me before when trying to use my smartphone metronome just in optical mode. Maybe that's also why one tends to think it's off time.

Don't follow the light.

For everybody that is reporting bugs with the tempo, don't base your argument on the tempo led.

As said in other posts the led and the actual tempo run on different hardware clocks and they're like a stopped clock that's right twice a day.

I don't believe this issue is something that can be fixed and I believe L6 are aware of this.

Use your ears and the reported tempo in the helix for reference and not the led for your tests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ppoceiro said:

Don't follow the light.

For everybody that is reporting bugs with the tempo, don't base your argument on the tempo led.

As said in other posts the led and the actual tempo run on different hardware clocks and they're like a stopped clock that's right twice a day.

I don't believe this issue is something that can be fixed and I believe L6 are aware of this.

Use your ears and the reported tempo in the helix for reference and not the led for your tests.

 

Well, I'm not saying it's accurate enough to use it as a metronome replacement (which won't work anyway for most people, regarless whether it's coming from a metronome app or the Helix), but it's defenitely accurate enough to give you a good start up tempo (should you need to count in based on the tempo programmed in the Helix) or information about delay taps.

I have measured things a bit and the LED is always flashing slower than the actual tempo, but at, say, 100BPM, the first 4 beats are sufficiently accurate. And as it doesn't serve any other than "informational" purposes, this is just fine in my book.

Ok, I never exactly needed it anyway, but I could imagine it to be helpful to check whether the Helix has registered my taps properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, andrewastin said:

I have a Helix LT which I have just updated to the latest version (2.91) and HX Edit at 2.81.

 

The Revv Gen Purple model is not showing in the amp lists on my HX edit.


You need to update HX Edit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, no, no guys!!!!!!

 

I have to correct you. The tap light was always in sync. It wasn't 100% accurate, but it was always very close. It was me that hassled them to fix it so that it was 100% accurate, and one of the 2.8 releases finally fixed it fully. From 2.8x (I don't recall which) it was 100% accurate and would stay synced to the delay time over several minutes. I know - I tested it, and have been using it for improv performance on stage ever since!

 

I won't bore anyone with the details, but being able to see a light to guide my loop/delay improv is critical to me, hence me wanting it sorted out properly. Thankfully they did. It was perfectly possible to rely on it as a visual metronome - even before it was 100%

 

Clearly most people didn't know it had been fixed, but I certainly did. Sadly it's now more broken than it ever was.

 

What is the use of a tap tempo light that doesn't reflect the tempo!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The_Elf said:

No, no, no guys!!!!!!

 

I have to correct you. The tap light was always in sync. It wasn't 100% accurate, but it was always very close. It was me that hassled them to fix it so that it was 100% accurate, and one of the 2.8 releases finally fixed it fully. From 2.8x it was 100% accurate and would stay synced to the delay time over several minutes. I know - I tested it, and have been using it for improv work stage for months!

 

I won't bore anyone with the details, but being able to see a light to guide my loop/delay work is critical to me, hence me wanting it sorted out properly.

 

Clearly most people didn't know it had been fixed, but I certainly did.

 

What is the use of a tap tempo light that doesn't reflect the tempo!?!

I find the tap tempo light to work fine, always have.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeterHamm said:

I find the tap tempo light to work fine, always have.

Not if you were using delays with long, LONG repeat trails over a couple of minutes (I know, don't ask - it's just a specialist requirement of what I do! ). But it was fixed. Now it's not fixed and much worse.

 

Hopefully they can figure out what broke it and get it back in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

HX Edit ist not able to List the new 2.9 Effects. 

On my Effects ist 2.91 installed, i can choose per example the Rochester Comp and i want to edit it per HX Edit on my PC.

But the HX Edit cannot find all new 2.9 Effects on my HX Effects. All other Effects are there, ready to edit via HX Edit and visible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 6:56 PM, droe5577 said:

Same here on LT.  Was working in HX Edit for about an hour, and somewhere along the line everything locked.   Edit could not save the patch to the unit tand the unit was completely unresponsive despite producing tone and responding to edits from HX Effects the entire time.

 

If you unplug the USB cable after it has become unresponsive does that snap it back into functioning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PeterHamm said:

I find the tap tempo light to work fine, always have.

 

I could post a video proving that statement wrong. The LED is always flashing a tad slower compared to the delay repeats (at 1/4, of course).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mudskipper75 said:

Hello,

 

HX Edit ist not able to List the new 2.9 Effects. 

On my Effects ist 2.91 installed, i can choose per example the Rochester Comp and i want to edit it per HX Edit on my PC.

But the HX Edit cannot find all new 2.9 Effects on my HX Effects. All other Effects are there, ready to edit via HX Edit and visible.


You need to update HX Edit...

 

Seriously, folks... I’ve posted this reply about a dozen times in this thread. If you don’t see new effects or amps in HX Edit, it means you’re running an outdated version of HX Edit.

 

It’s literally Step 1 of the instructions for updating.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, phil_m said:

It’s literally Step 1 of the instructions for updating.

 

Yeah well - to quote Digital Igloo from the update instructions:

Quote

IMPORTANT! Carefully read and follow the update instructions below. If you don't—and then run to the forums asking why it's not working—the interwebs will make fun of you.

 

Maybe the interwebs were too polite so far...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Learned my lesson:

 

don`t work 14h Hours straight an then do updates with tired mind and eyes.

I was so sure that I downloaded Edit 2.9 but is was still 2.8 - sorry folks!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After upgrading my HxEffects firmware to 2.91 version, the output volume is lower by -6dB circa. Please note that I've already checked this on my DAW, with the same output settings (instruments) on my HxEffects, same guitar, same patch, same routing, same project, and I've compared a new take with the older one I've recorded 2 days before the new firmware. So, it's definetly a bug or a new behavior from the last firmware and from my testing is related to the IR block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After upgrading my HxEffects to 2.91 firmware,I can here a dry signal coming out from Hx Effects while the tuner is ON even if the setting for the tuner is to mute the guitar signal. With the previous firmware everything was OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After upgranding my HxEffects to 2.91, I've noticed a strange behavior if I put a stereo double tracking block just before a/b split. It seems that the final R channel has 6dB less volume than the L channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 5:35 PM, adennis said:

I have the same issue on my HX FX. Also, with a snapshot assigned to FS5 it sometimes takes two taps to actually change snapshots. I assume it’s a bug. It seems to work correctly if I use FS1-FS3 for my snapshots instead of FS4-FS6.

 

I have the same issue on my Hx Effects

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw another tap tempo bug: if you set your tremolo rate with the tap tempo, it won't match either what you pressed or the led light. I'm submitting a support ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys

Hope you’re staying safe and ok with your families, while these tough times indeed.

i have purchased my Helix Floor(second hand, but in perfect shape) a year ago and mostly used it onstage. Right now, we have much more time to spend at home and I tried to make some recordings using DAW(Reaper) and faced annoying trouble... once I’m plugged I’m hearing some hum and clicks (ticks) whatever I may call it... I hoped it’s monitoring defect, but hellno, it’s been recorded as well... it makes studio work impossible... could please share your experience?

Thanks fellows!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AlexDT665 said:

Hi guys

Hope you’re staying safe and ok with your families, while these tough times indeed.

i have purchased my Helix Floor(second hand, but in perfect shape) a year ago and mostly used it onstage. Right now, we have much more time to spend at home and I tried to make some recordings using DAW(Reaper) and faced annoying trouble... once I’m plugged I’m hearing some hum and clicks (ticks) whatever I may call it... I hoped it’s monitoring defect, but hellno, it’s been recorded as well... it makes studio work impossible... could please share your experience?

Thanks fellows!!!

Check your sample rate settings in your DAW as well as in your Helix Floor Global settings. Make sure they match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeterHamm said:

Check your sample rate settings in your DAW as well as in your Helix Floor Global settings. Make sure they match.

 

The settings on the Helix are only relevant in case you record via SPDIF, otherwise you can leave them at any setting.

 

I would rather try to raise the buffer size in Reaper (and obviously not record at sample rates higher than 44.1kHz or 48kHz, to keep the CPU load in check).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 4:35 PM, adennis said:

I have the same issue on my HX FX. Also, with a snapshot assigned to FS5 it sometimes takes two taps to actually change snapshots. I assume it’s a bug. It seems to work correctly if I use FS1-FS3 for my snapshots instead of FS4-FS6.

Exactly the same problem.Renders the 6 footswitch mode useless for snapshot inclusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Device: HELIX Floor
Firmware: 2.91
Global Settings: Footswitches/Stomp Select [Press]
Bug: Stomp switches react with a noticeable delay

 

Hi,

 

I have a HELIX with firmware v2.91.
Ever since I upgraded to firmware v2.8x I had the problem, that there was a noticeable audible delay (maybe 100 to 200 ms) between pressing a switch in stomp mode and the bypass state of the assigned pedals actually changing. This is especially annoying when changing between a clean and an overdrive sound.
Today i played around a bit with the global settings and found out what setting causes the delay.
If the setting "Stomp Select" under "Footswitches" is set to "Press" or "Touch+Press" the delay is there.
When selecting "Off" or "Touch" the foot switches react immediately without any noticeable delay.

 

Can anyone confirm this behavior or add other useful information before I submit a support ticket?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PaulJam said:

Can anyone confirm this behavior or add other useful information before I submit a support ticket?

 

Can't confirm. it's working fine over here with any setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of the tap tempo issue, I had to roll back to 2.82 from the 2.9.  I can confirm that on 2.82, the tempo light and the timing of the unit are sync'd.  What I can also say is that if I play a lick on the up beat the delay will happen when the light is off, thus giving the impression that they are not together, but they are.  The light is flashing the time from when it was put in.  The sound of the effect is timed from when the note is struck.  It is very possible that all of you disagreeing about the light are all correct.  On 2.82, if you play in time with the light, the sound will be in time with the light.  If you do not play in time with the light, the sound will not be in time with the light, but it will be in the correct time.  Hope that helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 4:42 AM, bwQuestion said:

Because of the tap tempo issue, I had to roll back to 2.82 from the 2.9.  I can confirm that on 2.82, the tempo light and the timing of the unit are sync'd.  What I can also say is that if I play a lick on the up beat the delay will happen when the light is off, thus giving the impression that they are not together, but they are.  The light is flashing the time from when it was put in.  The sound of the effect is timed from when the note is struck.  It is very possible that all of you disagreeing about the light are all correct.  On 2.82, if you play in time with the light, the sound will be in time with the light.  If you do not play in time with the light, the sound will not be in time with the light, but it will be in the correct time.  Hope that helps. 

I'm rolling back to 2.82 as well. I was only using the new phaser, but I can use another one instead while they fix this.

 

EDIT: just rolled back, and tap tempo light matches the rhythm in delays and modulation effects. Can wait for next update :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 5:35 PM, adennis said:

I have the same issue on my HX FX. Also, with a snapshot assigned to FS5 it sometimes takes two taps to actually change snapshots. I assume it’s a bug. It seems to work correctly if I use FS1-FS3 for my snapshots instead of FS4-FS6.

 

I found the same problem in my Hx Effects updated.

Hope they solve it soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolling back to 2.9

 

Updating to 2.91 helix floor freeze at recovering preset #581. Reboot and start from 582.

 

did the update a 2nd Time and ils the same.

 

But my real bug now:

when I assign a snapshot, the camera logo is not there. It looks like a stomp. Bigger bug. I cannot know on which snapshot I’m on cause the light doesnt get brighter. Like a stomp always off. Tried with a computer and with the floor alone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Melissiah said:

Rolling back to 2.9

 

Updating to 2.91 helix floor freeze at recovering preset #581. Reboot and start from 582.

 

did the update a 2nd Time and ils the same.

 

But my real bug now:

when I assign a snapshot, the camera logo is not there. It looks like a stomp. Bigger bug. I cannot know on which snapshot I’m on cause the light doesnt get brighter. Like a stomp always off. Tried with a computer and with the floor alone...

Could you post a pic of that? Not sure what this problem means :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, molul said:

Could you post a pic of that? Not sure what this problem means :(

Snapshot 6 havent been edited. So it keeps the camera logo and the led is working as it should be.

 

it’s only happening in 10 FS mode when I assign snapshot there. It was ok in 2.90. 2.91 screwed mine

1 clean

2 heavy

3 lead

4 piezzo

5 dirt 

as you can see one the screen i’m on snapshot #2

but the light is always like this whatever snapshot IM on

240BA9C6-41C2-409C-B493-040E45A6D381.jpeg

6B2E8CB2-A50F-4DBD-8FE4-EA0FF68B700D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look here. This patch was made before 2.91 and it’s still working. 10 fs mode with mix of snaphot and stomps.95369294_906580446453593_3708326895679438848_n.thumb.jpg.296ead93d7852fca0711c0b6ed2ba6ee.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops! I think I lack the knowledge to understand the problem, sorry ^_^U I don't mean to bother you, but I'd need a deeper explanation of the problem, although other users will most likely be able to help you with the info you already posted. Another option is to send line6 a bug report.

 

Sorry for not being very helpful :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...