Jump to content
HonestOpinion

Helix Bug Reports

Recommended Posts

Using Helix LT v2.91. Have anyone else noticed that using the 3-band compressor the gain reduction metering is not very responsive? Well it is for a few seconds and then it starts to lag. After about a minute of enabling the compressor there is 2-5 seconds of delay on the meters. I think it is still doing what I want but the feature is not that helpful at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 11:45 PM, Melissiah said:

Snapshot 6 havent been edited. So it keeps the camera logo and the led is working as it should be.

 

it’s only happening in 10 FS mode when I assign snapshot there. It was ok in 2.90. 2.91 screwed mine

1 clean

2 heavy

3 lead

4 piezzo

5 dirt 

as you can see one the screen i’m on snapshot #2

but the light is always like this whatever snapshot IM on

240BA9C6-41C2-409C-B493-040E45A6D381.jpeg

6B2E8CB2-A50F-4DBD-8FE4-EA0FF68B700D.jpeg


 

This picture is a little confusing. The Command Centre image is showing what is assigned to FS9 (Heavy) not what is assigned to FS4 (Snapshot6).

Does this still happen if you reprogram FS4 to something else?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, datacommando said:


 

This picture is a little confusing. The Command Centre image is showing what is assigned to FS9 (Heavy) not what is assigned to FS4 (Snapshot6).

Does this still happen if you reprogram FS4 to something else?

 

That’s the problem. Heavy is the snapshot. But the camera logo is not showing on the screen and the led does’nt gent brighter when I use the snapshot created in 2.91

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Melissiah said:

That’s the problem. Heavy is the snapshot. But the camera logo is not showing on the screen and the led does’nt gent brighter when I use the snapshot created in 2.91


Ahh!
 

Now I understand the issue. It is not something that I have experimented with to any extent just yet. Maybe best to raise a ticket with support, unless someone else knows what may be causing the problem.

 

Sorry, I’m not able to assist this time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else having issues with the tuner becoming unresponsive?

 

 Helix LT. Updated from 2.8x straight to 2.91. Tuner works fine for a while after booting up but eventually lags or doesn’t track guitar at all. If I reboot, tuner works fine again for a while.  I tried changing input to guitar only. I guess we’ll see what happens but something definitely isn’t right. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuner doesnt work all the time after the 2.91 update. When i engage the tuner the signal does not mute and although the tuner appears on the screen, there is no signal going into tuner.  This usually happens on first power up of the day. The only way to fix it is to turn the unit off and on. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to see folks noticing that the delays and tempo light *were* totally in sync in 2.82. I know because it was a big deal for me! You could absolutely rely on the tempo light as a visual metronome in that release.

 

Line 6 are a responsive team, and I'm hopeful that they will get it back to that state in  a future update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unable to turn off  Touch 

 

In 2.7 > in Global Settings > Footswitches - the first selection was Touch Select. The user had the option to turn it on or off.  

 It seems that in 2.9.1, that became Stomp Select with  - Off, Touch, Press and Touch & Press.  I turned it to OFF but I am still getting messages asking if I want to swap snapshots.

 

Adjusting the setting appears to turn off only disables the touch to select, aka short touch.  But the touch feature is still enabled with a long touch. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there,

There seems to be a phasing issue with the Whammy effect. As soon as you go up for some semi tones and go back to normal the complete signal is out of phase. Never had this issue before. I controlled the whammy effect block via the on board expression pedal. If needed I can make a recording. My Helix is on firmware version 2.91.0. The used effect chain is quite simple: Facial Fuzz -> Kinky Boost -> Whammy -> Amp

 

Would be great if this could be fixed soon, thank you!

Best,

Philipp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ptaubert said:

Hello there,

There seems to be a phasing issue with the Whammy effect. As soon as you go up for some semi tones and go back to normal the complete signal is out of phase. Never had this issue before. I controlled the whammy effect block via the on board expression pedal. If needed I can make a recording. My Helix is on firmware version 2.91.0. The used effect chain is quite simple: Facial Fuzz -> Kinky Boost -> Whammy -> Amp

 

Would be great if this could be fixed soon, thank you!

Best,

Philipp

If you want it fixed, you should report it through customer support. The community forum is meant for users to help each other :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2020 at 10:56 AM, JSP552003 said:

Anyone else having issues with the tuner becoming unresponsive?

 

 Helix LT. Updated from 2.8x straight to 2.91. Tuner works fine for a while after booting up but eventually lags or doesn’t track guitar at all. If I reboot, tuner works fine again for a while.  I tried changing input to guitar only. I guess we’ll see what happens but something definitely isn’t right. 

Yes, confirmed here on my Floor unit. Seems to probably be related to the lagging output and compression meters, because the tuner gets laggy on my unit the same way the meters do. Have you reported it via a ticket to Line 6? If not, one of us needs to to make sure it's on their bug list so it gets fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, qwerty42 said:

Yes, confirmed here on my Floor unit. Seems to probably be related to the lagging output and compression meters, because the tuner gets laggy on my unit the same way the meters do. Have you reported it via a ticket to Line 6? If not, one of us needs to to make sure it's on their bug list so it gets fixed.

 

I opened a ticket last week, if more people that is having the same issue tells them better. Lets see what happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 5/9/2020 at 11:22 AM, molul said:

If you want it fixed, you should report it through customer support. The community forum is meant for users to help each other :)

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ptaubert said:

 

 

Thank you!

No probs!

BTW, I contacted support for the tap tempo bug (led light doesn't match the tempo) and they said it's already being worked for next update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To anyone having issues with the FS4 light showing up on the Mode button and the DoubleTap to engage snapshot issue...It's been escalated and it's going to be taken care of ,possibly in the v2.92 update.There's a slight chance it might be in the one after that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, isaiahrachel said:

My LT is updated to 2.9. This morning turned it on and Tuner didn't recognize the input. Then after a few off and ons the footswitches didn't affect anything. It would show the bypass of the pedals but the sound wouldn't change.  So it was stuck on a single sound no matter what buttons were pushed and tuner wouldn't work.  Tried to recover a previous backup and HX Edit said the LT wasn't responding......Anyone?

 

Try updating to the 2.91 hotfix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FX Loop L and R bypass status not accurately displayed when moved to path B on HX Stomp. Anyone else have this problem? Block lights up and dims when activated/bypassed on Path A but as soon as it's moved to Path B, it will stay bright or dim and flicker when the assigned switch is pressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the password field in HX Edit:

 

could you please activate copy/paste for it?

 

With password managers and long / secure passwords it‘s a pain in the lollipop having to type them 

 

Thanx 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Majestyreviews said:

going to upload some presets today ,uploaded some yesterday on the customtone but suddenly today hx edit cant connect to helix device says not connected , checked my usb cable , and its working

 

what is the solution?

You need to update HX edit when ever you update the HX products

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Majestyreviews said:

downloaded and installed 2.92, change different usb cables , i have 3, still device says not connected

Interesting. Maybe contact line 6 directly and tell them what has happened and what you've done so far. Sorry I couldn't help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Majestyreviews said:

downloaded and installed 2.92, change different usb cables , i have 3, still device says not connected

Lol, I just saw 2.92 is available. How did you know it was published? I received an email for 2.90 but received nothing about 2.91 and 2.92.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm... I'm still seeing lagging on the gain reduction and output meters with 2.92, as before (only happens after Helix has been powered on for a while). Anyone else still seeing this on theirs? FWIW, I've been editing patches in HX Edit the whole time, don't know if that's related. I think before people saw this happening from nothing more than being turned on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Majestyreviews said:

i saw it on the groups seems you are not member yet anyway still doesnt solve the connection not detected on hx edit

 

 

Oh, where could I sign up to those groups?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, molul said:

I received an email for 2.90 but received nothing about 2.91 and 2.92.


This is possibly because the wait for 2.90 was longer than expected and the zero in the number designates a major change to the firmware. Both the 2.91 and 2.92 releases were hot fixes released as a rapid response to bugs discovered in the main firmware. The decimal increment in the numbers indicates they are intermediate patches to the main software. Because some users were waiting for the quick fix to their problems it is probably easier just to get the stuff out there and others will soon notice it is available for download.
 

Hope this makes sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I mean, I understand the difference between the bug 2.90 update and the following hotfixes, but I don't understand why hotfixes are not announced as any other update to Helix users ^_^U 

If updates are announced in that group another order said, I would like to enter that group, but I don't know what it is :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 2:48 PM, The_Elf said:

No, no, no guys!!!!!!

 

I have to correct you. The tap light was always in sync. It wasn't 100% accurate, but it was always very close. It was me that hassled them to fix it so that it was 100% accurate, and one of the 2.8 releases finally fixed it fully. From 2.8x (I don't recall which) it was 100% accurate and would stay synced to the delay time over several minutes. I know - I tested it, and have been using it for improv performance on stage ever since!

 

I won't bore anyone with the details, but being able to see a light to guide my loop/delay improv is critical to me, hence me wanting it sorted out properly. Thankfully they did. It was perfectly possible to rely on it as a visual metronome - even before it was 100%

 

Clearly most people didn't know it had been fixed, but I certainly did. Sadly it's now more broken than it ever was.

 

What is the use of a tap tempo light that doesn't reflect the tempo!?!

Looks like 2.92 has fixed it! The tap light and delay stay in sync for a couple of minutes again now, as was the case back in 2.82. Let 2.90/91 be a horrible dream best forgotten...

 

Thanks to all at Line 6!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, molul said:

Yeah, I mean, I understand the difference between the bug 2.90 update and the following hotfixes, but I don't understand why hotfixes are not announced as any other update to Helix users ^_^U 

If updates are announced in that group another order said, I would like to enter that group, but I don't know what it is :)

 

Oh, you'll soon adjust to not being surprised by things in these forums - it has been noted on many occasions that if you want to know when new stuff has or is just about to drop, you need to check on TGP or BookFace as they seem to be two of the places that find out first.

 

This is like the land that time forgot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Does your HX Edit not advise you that there is a firmware update?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Majestyreviews said:

 

yes it is one of the fb groups there a post there also

Thanks!

 

 

5 hours ago, TV-OD said:

Hi, Does your HX Edit not advise you that there is a firmware update?

I think I've only seen the updates when I open it, knowing that there's an update available, and after pressing the update button. If you can a Windows notification, I haven't seen one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear a strange pitch shifting effect with some amps. It is very pronounced with the Matchstick Ch1. When I play a D4 on the 7th fret of the g string, which is 293Hz, there is a very pronounced bass harmonic tone at about 150Hz, which is half the frequency of D4, but not quite. That bass note does not sound and behave like a natural harmonic tone, though, because when I move one or two frets down or up on the same string, the bass note is moving, too, but it is not at 50% of the note I play anymore. It sounds like a broken Octaver or something. Doesn't sound right at all.

 

I am on firmware 2.92 and I can not say whether this effect was there before I upgraded. I recently switched to new headphones, and it might well be that I do now hear things better across the frequency range than with my old headphones.

Helix Matchstick Ch1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, molul said:

 

I think I've only seen the updates when I open it, knowing that there's an update available, and after pressing the update button. If you can a Windows notification, I haven't seen one.

 


Suggestion:  At the top of this page is your user name and avatar. Click on that and from the drop down select “Account Settings” and from there, on the left hand side you should see “Other Settings” and below that “Notification Settings” from there you can select how and when you are notified. Select what you prefer and “Save”.

 

I used to have notifications of Firmware Updates by following the threads where that news was likely to be posted, but the news of updates no longer seem to follow any logic and appear as random posts, many of which are in other social media platforms rather than here.

 

Hope this helps/makes sense

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But those notification settings are only for forum threads, right? I was thing about an email notification whenever a new update is released, as I have my Helix LT registered in line6.com. I guess I'll have to check the forums every now and then. 

Anyway, I'm sending a support ticket to Line 6 to at least suggest them to notify users about all updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, molul said:

But those notification settings are only for forum threads, right? I was thing about an email notification whenever a new update is released, as I have my Helix LT registered in line6.com. I guess I'll have to check the forums every now and then. 

Anyway, I'm sending a support ticket to Line 6 to at least suggest them to notify users about all updates.

 

I just had a look on TGP and someone asks about email notification and the reply from Frank Ritchotte was:

 

"We do. It’s just not the moment it releases its usually within a week. If you are registered you should be getting it."

 

Hope that clears things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just installed HX edit 2.92. Using it with my Helix Floor, and copying several presets to different places, the overwritten presets stay the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Helix device: HX Effects

 

Firmware/Editor: Firmware 2.92; HX Edit 2.92

 

Feature: Command Centre -> HX Snapshot Command

 

Behaviour: In Command Centre, using the new HX Snapshot command, I have noticed that the parameters I assign are shared across all snapshots. This happens in both HX Edit and when using the HX Effects. For example, if I edit the HX snapshot command on snapshot 1, then switch to snapshot 2 and change the "press" behaviour, the setting I've just changed in snapshot 2 overwrites those previously setup in snapshot 1. It is therefore impossible for a footswitch command in snapshot 1 to switch to snapshot 2, and then for the same footswitch to switch back to snapshot 1 (my intended behaviour is attached in the screenshot below - to be clear, by changing the assignment in shapshot 2 the settings in snapshot 1 are overwritten).

 

Expected behaviour: parameters I've assigned in other commands, such as instant commands, can be altered and saved per snapshot. I was expecting the parameters for HX snapshot commands to also be snapshot specific.

 

Question: is this behaviour a bug, or a deliberate limitation that I should raise as a feature request?

Command Centre NOT changing with snapshot.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ian_90 said:

Helix device: HX Effects

 

Firmware/Editor: Firmware 2.92; HX Edit 2.92

 

Feature: Command Centre -> HX Snapshot Command

 

Behaviour: In Command Centre, using the new HX Snapshot command, I have noticed that the parameters I assign are shared across all snapshots. This happens in both HX Edit and when using the HX Effects. For example, if I edit the HX snapshot command on snapshot 1, then switch to snapshot 2 and change the "press" behaviour, the setting I've just changed in snapshot 2 overwrites those previously setup in snapshot 1. It is therefore impossible for a footswitch command in snapshot 1 to switch to snapshot 2, and then for the same footswitch to switch back to snapshot 1 (my intended behaviour is attached in the screenshot below - to be clear, by changing the assignment in shapshot 2 the settings in snapshot 1 are overwritten).

 

Expected behaviour: parameters I've assigned in other commands, such as instant commands, can be altered and saved per snapshot. I was expecting the parameters for HX snapshot commands to also be snapshot specific.

 

Question: is this behaviour a bug, or a deliberate limitation that I should raise as a feature request?

Command Centre NOT changing with snapshot.png


This is the intended behavior for the HX Snapshot and HX Preset commands. These settings apply to the whole preset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 2:03 PM, phil_m said:


This is the intended behavior for the HX Snapshot and HX Preset commands. These settings apply to the whole preset.

 Phil. Thanks so much for the quick response and clarifying that. I still think it would be better to allow more command parameters to be set on a snapshot level, as currently the command centre is a bit of a mixed economy between preset and snapshot level settings

 

Fortunately I have managed to find a workaround and can now switch between snapshot 1 and 2 with one footswitch by using the snapshot toggle setting added in firmware 2.80:

 

Snapshot Reselect

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Effects, HX Stomp

Currently, pressing the currently active Snapshot switch will reload the stored state of that snapshot. With 2.80, you can now choose to instead toggle between it and the previously selected snapshot. For example, if you're on Snapshot 2 and switch to Snapshot 8, pressing the Snapshot 8 footswitch will seamlessly toggle between Snapshot 8 and Snapshot 2.

From the Global Settings > Preferences menu, turn Snapshot Reselect to choose "Reload" or "Toggle Prev." "Reload" remains the default.

 

I combine this with another 2.80 feature:

 

Snapshot Bypass

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Effects, HX Stomp, HX Edit

There may be situations where you don't want Helix's snapshots to control a particular block's bypass state; that is, you'd prefer to turn it on and off manually. For example, you may want manual control of a boost pedal at any time without worrying whether a particular snapshot might turn it on or off.

Depending on your type of Helix/HX product, follow the procedure below:

  • Helix Floor/Rack/LT—Select a processing block, press ACTION, and set Knob 5 (Snapshot Bypass) to "Off" to disable snapshot control of that block's bypass state
  • HX Effects—Select a processing block, press ACTION, and press the "Snapshot Bypass" switch to disable snapshot control of that block's bypass state
  • HX Stomp—From Edit view, select a processing block, press ACTION, press PAGE >, and set Knob 3 (Snapshot Bypass) to "Off" to disable snapshot control of that block's bypass state
  • Helix Native/HX Edit—Right-click (Mac: control-click) on a processing block and uncheck "Snapshot Bypass." Alternatively, right-click (Mac: control-click) the Bypass button to uncheck "Snapshot Bypass."

 

By assigning a HX Snapshot command to my footswitch to change to snapshot 2,  I can push the footswitch when I'm snapshot 1 to move to snapshot 2, then press it again to go back to snapshot 1. Changing snapshot doesn't mess with any block on/off settings. Exactly what I was trying to do.

 

I can't wait for the 3.0 user manual to tie all the functionality together again. The combination of 2.8's snapshot toggle and snapshot bypass and 2.9's HX snapshot command is indispensable for HX Effects users like me who can quickly run out of footswitches and want instant access to another snapshot.

 



 

 

Signal flow.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got my HX stomp and was updating it. And in doing so all of the presets lost their names. Just says New Preset on all of them. The effects and everything is still there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...