Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Rename Scribble Strip with multi parameters - not blocks?

rsto10

Has anyone figured out how to customize the scribble strip for a switch that only controls multiple parameters and not blocks. For instance, I always leave reverb on, but one switch controls both decay and mix for two different levels of reverb. Since the switch isn't assigned to a block, I can't figure out how to customize it.  Thx!

I know how to rename a strip when assigned to a block/effect.  What I can't figure out is when it's only assigned to multiple parameters OF an effect.  It just says Multi and when you go to rename it, it's grayed out because there's no block assigned.  Make sense?

Yes - I understand.

Sorry - I have not tried this yet but - what I read the manual as saying is: when you have assigned parameters to a switch, you have basically made it a Command Footswitch, not a Block/Effect footswitch.  So you have to customize it from the Command Center screen. Not the Footswitch Assign screen.

• Upvote 2

I know how to rename a strip when assigned to a block/effect.  What I can't figure out is when it's only assigned to multiple parameters OF an effect.  It just says Multi and when you go to rename it, it's grayed out because there's no block assigned.  Make sense?

Makes perfect sense... The answer cacibi gave you above is correct. You have to go into the Command Center and use the custom label function there. I can attest to the fact that it works. I've done it in a couple of my presets.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, there wasn't room to place a "Customize" button on the Controller Assign page. The Command Center page is currently the easiest way. There's nothing special about labeling a scribble strip from Footswitch Assign vs. Command Center—just two ways to get to the same window.

I think it would be fantastic if there was a separate page where you could manage all the footswitch and controller assignments for a particular preset without having to move the joystick around.  This would be especially helpful if you have complex multiple parameter assignments and just want to tweak it a little bit.  Right now it feels like I'm always one wrong move from completely screwing up my patch.

I think it would be fantastic if there was a separate page where you could manage all the footswitch and controller assignments for a particular preset without having to move the joystick around.  This would be especially helpful if you have complex multiple parameter assignments and just want to tweak it a little bit.  Right now it feels like I'm always one wrong move from completely screwing up my patch.

If something's assigned to a switch, you don't need to use the joystick at all. Just touch the switch.

If multiple items are assigned to a switch, touch the switch repeatedly. Way faster and easier than providing some complex assignment matrix view. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry, there wasn't room to place a "Customize" button on the Controller Assign page. The Command Center page is currently the easiest way. There's nothing special about labeling a scribble strip from Footswitch Assign vs. Command Center—just two ways to get to the same window.

What about adding a second page?  Then we would just use the "page >" to get to it.