Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix won't force Variax changes

JonnyPM

Anybody else experiencing this? Set everything for a particular Variax model and tuning, save it, but nothing changes when changing the patches with Helix footswitches. This wasn't a problem with the HD500. I'm using a JTV 89F if that matters.

Yes, I noticed it too on a Variax Standard. It was reported by rock2112 last week and Line 6 is already working on a fix. Maybe we'll see a firmware update this week, as per Digital_Igloo on the thread below.

http://line6.com/support/topic/15987-helix-not-forcing-variax-model-saved-with-preset/

Yes... very annoying.... I found a workaround, if you plugin the VDI *after* the Helix is done booting, then the patch changes work. Now if you boot Helix *with* the VDI already plugged in, then no model change :(

Try it, until they release a new firmware (I have 1.01.2) that seems to do the job :)

I can confirm it is fixed on 1.02.2. I tried booting up with Variax already plugged in and also unplu/replug the Variax after the Helix had already booted up and in both cases, the models now change according to what was saved with the patch. Even if the patch was saved with modelling off and using mags only, the patch correctly switched to mags only when activated. If I manually change the Variax model and then press the same patych again, it will (correctly) reset the Variax model to the one saved with the patch.

I also tested the Tuning settings by using two patches, one that did not force tunnng and another one where I forced drop-D. In both cases, the Variax behaved normally. i.e. the patch switched to drop-D when forced, no matter where the tuning knob was at the time, and also the Variax stayed on whatever tuning I had selected on the knob if the patch was set to "Don't force".

I even tried to press the foot switches between both patches back and forth very fast and (just to see if I made it crash or got the models/tunings confused :) and I found out that it behaved as I expected (the Variax settings of the last patch I pressed were the ones that ultimately applied). Even the "Don't force" patch honored the status of the drop-D patch that I had selected before (i.e it stayed on Drop-D as I had it set not to change tunings).

Thank you DI and the rest of the team, for having the can of Raid on overdrive these past couple of weeks. I hope you guys have a restful weekend.