Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Device Not Connected according to Application

JonnyPM

I had a the same thing happen. I tried reconnecting without the sub him to no avail, but after a reboot my Yosemite Mac picked up the conncection. Makes sense as there was a driver update.

Hope this helps....

I did this as well, and it helped for about 5 minutes, and then went back into 'problem mode'.

• 3 months later...

Can't establish dependable USB connection - connected directly to Mac.

Helix 1.3 software

OSX El Capitan, 10.11.3

Helix Firmware 1.04.3

Mac Mini - no USB hubs connected.

Running Helix 1.3 software usually can't connect, or briefly does and my patches show up in the list, but then after about 10 seconds, I get "Can not connect to device". If the Helix does briefly connect & my patches show up, trying to Export my patches only works for a few seconds ( I get to 3 or 5% ) - and then hangs, with a yellow band appears across the top of the Helix 1.3 software, saying "service is not online".

Looks like something's up with the USB code?

Thanks

C

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some people have found that connecting through a hub or secondary device instead of directly to the Mac's USB ports resolves the issue.  Then the editor only disconnects if the computer falls asleep.

Yeah, that worked for me, very nicely.

The combination of installing the Mac driver and using a USB 2.0 hub solved my problems, at least for now.

Some people have found that connecting through a hub or secondary device instead of directly to the Mac's USB ports resolves the issue.  Then the editor only disconnects if the computer falls asleep.

We all are aware that Line6 state explicitly "Do Not Use A Hub", but needs must when the devil vomits in your kettle!

I tried the USB2 hub thing and got nowhere and the new dedicated USB driver was a FAIL.

During the many fun filled hours I have spent trying to solve the problems with the USB on my Helix and iMac a little thing which I noticed was the Helix Editor did not want to play nice, or sometimes would not launch at all, if the Updater software is still open. Don't know if that's sot of thing you all have been experiencing? Seems, as if for some strange reason, the Helix only wants to connect to one application at a time.

The Editor works faultlessly for me, as long as it is the only software communicating with Helix. I suppose I never left it long enough to see what happens if Mac goes to sleep. In - Edit - Out! My major problems all stem from USB and MIDI between Mac and the Helix, but I bring glad tidings for all who are still plagued by this stuff.

A recent reply to my Support Ticket about these problems states:

Hi,sorry, took some time :QA in the US checked it and reproduced the issue. It will be fixed. I don't have a definitive timetable but it will be fixed relatively soon.
Also, Digital_Igloo (Line 6 Product Manager) indicated sometime earlier, elsewhere on this forum that the fix may be available by this weekend. Although he has since posted on the Gear Page that it could be early next week as Line 6 don't normally release updates Friday through Monday.

We have to wait and see, because the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd!

Hope this helps.