Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

This Thing is starting to make me angry

Gawwuf

Had it less than a week and I'm about to lose all my presets AGAIN.
The Helix app doesn't work so I can't back them up. Did the first update and lost my presets now I turn it on and this happens

Screen is blank, can't manipulate or get to anything.

This thing sounds great and I love the potential but if you can't use it.... there is no point.

Running out of patience with this, far too expensive to be this buggy out of the gate.

post-1317632-0-29195400-1444871121_thumb.jpeg

Whilst having great faith in the development team to rectify these issues I will agree that it is a little disappointing that these sort of issues are appearing after release. It seems that pre-release testing may not have been as robust as required.

That being said I am willing to give it a little time to have all the bugs ironed out. I have been an early adopter enough times in my life to be not surprised when it happens.

I do completely understand your frustration however. Mine is still on a ship crossing the ocean to this side of the world so I have not had to experience these issues firsthand.

Also lollipop really does put an extinguisher to the flames of your post :P

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately there won't be a FW update that will fix the windows 10 issue.  That will be in a driver or software update.  It pains me to hear that you guys are having issues like this, but at the same time I am glad to hear that 99% of you guys only complain about this issue and not about the sound quality.  I am sure that L6 will iron this out very quickly as a ton of y'all seem to be having the issue.  Hopefully it will be ironed out before Sweetwater gets their next shipment and gets mine to me.

I've had the helix for 6 days of which i've faithfully devoted all of my free time working with it. I Have come across several issues that need fixing, but nothing compares to having the screen go blank! can't imagine this happening on stage!!!starting to think I've made a huge mistake...

• Upvote 1

I seem to have the opposite problem with the app - mine runs fine on my Win10 Laptop but locks up on my Win7 studio PC - the I want to back up and update from.  I can live with that I guess. 

After I did the back up and update I restored my presets and on 1 bank it assigned the names on the scrbble strips wron - shifed all 1 space left.  So the 1 on the right end ended up blank.  But the presets were in the correct place. 

Like Plastal... said above, probably best to sit tight for a bit and give'em a chance to work on the bugs.

Gawwuf I'm assuming you did the factory reset at startup holding the 2 buttons down yea?

I've had the helix for 6 days of witch i've faithfully devoted all of my free time working with it. I Have come across several issues that need fixing, but nothing comapres to haveing the screen go blank! can't imagine this happening on stage!!!starting to think I've made a hudge mistake...

I've had this happen for the first time as well. Lucky for me, I backed up what I had done first. Time to get in the habit of backing up before turning the unit off. If this happened live though, yep, the device becomes a pretty looking brick.

I've had this happen for the first time as well. Lucky for me, I backed up what I had done first. Time to get in the habit of backing up before turning the unit off. If this happened live though, yep, the device becomes a pretty looking brick.

Update: I still cannot get the helix to work properly. I can turn it on, but the screen is blank, my presets are blank and nothing works. :(

Now trying to get some help. Wish me luck!

*Forgot to mention this is still happening after factory reset.*

I ran into the same problem with trying to export Bundles.  I would get an error stating that there was bad data in some of the presets.  But it looked like it saved as it showed the bundle in the window that pops up next to the Helix icon in the start menu of Windows 7.  However when I would try to load it it would say can't find file because it didn't exist.  Had to factory reset the Helix after the last update and of course lost everything.  However I had also exported the setlist where I was doing all of my work and THAT did work.  For now I would export your setlists to back up your work.

Update: I still cannot get the helix to work properly. I can turn it on, but the screen is blank, my presets are blank and nothing works. :(

Now trying to get some help. Wish me luck!

*Forgot to mention this is still happening after factory reset.*

How are you trying to reset? If I remember, holding buttons 8 and 9 while powering on will reset the setlists and IRs, which is what I did to recover mine from the black screen. There is also the reset that is buttons 9 and 10 which resets globals as well.

That's a bummer... I've had mine for 9 days now and I've done a bunch of edits, was able to save my presets (on a Mac Book Pro), updated the firmware twice and knock on wood, I haven't had any trouble at all.  I thought I had an issue, where I was editing one effect and all of the sudden another effect would open up and I was changing a parameter on that effect instead of the original one I had opened.  It turns out I was touching one of the footswitches on the bottom row with my arm while I was reaching up to the knobs.  Those switches are super sensitive...

Hope you get it sorted out... I'd be pretty frustrated too

How are you trying to reset? If I remember, holding buttons 8 and 9 while powering on will reset the setlists and IRs, which is what I did to recover mine from the black screen. There is also the reset that is buttons 9 and 10 which resets globals as well.

I just followed the line 6 factory reset instructions. (Helix: Turn unit off and then back on. Hold in Footswitch 8,9,+12 right after you turn the unit on, throughout the boot process, until you see that your factory presets are loading)

It doesn't quite make it to rebuilding preset over #1000 and the display screen goes blank again.

I just followed the line 6 factory reset instructions. (Helix: Turn unit off and then back on. Hold in Footswitch 8,9,+12 right after you turn the unit on, throughout the boot process, until you see that your factory presets are loading)

It doesn't quite make it to rebuilding preset over #1000 and the display screen goes blank again.

Try holding 9 and 10 while powering on, see what that does.

Try holding 9 and 10 while powering on, see what that does.

Hi Duncann, okay I tried this. And it does bring up my presets, but as far as that main display screen goes it is blank... thanks for your help by the way.

Update-- tried this again, as I have been trying resets all day and Voila! it's back on, holy cow!!!

Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is...or leads to...insanity...blank screen...unreliable behavior even after reflashing...sounds like a hardware problem....I would exchange it for a new one...but that can prove to be difficult for early adopters.