Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

More custom blocks on chain

johnpetrucci83

Hi,

I have a Firehawk Fx from 3 months and i'm very happy. The sounds are great, but the limitation is the number of custom blocks in the chain. There are only 3 custom blocks.

It's possible to increase the number?

In future update, there will be changes? 

Enough 4-5 custom blocks.

The Firehawk FX is fantastic, but this is great limit.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind having the option to drop any of the fixed blocks, I don't always use comp/eq/reverb it would be cool to be able to assign a flex block to one of those (there is in fact a patch on the cloud that has the effects loop removed and 4 effects blocks available, which has to have been done by someone at line 6 doesn't it?)

I'd imagine guys who use firehawk just for effects would love to replace the amp block

Submit the idea! I'd vote for it

No harm in suggesting the idea. However, I tend to agree with Triryche on this; it's likely a dsp-related hardware limitation. The Firehawk (unlike the Pod HD series) is designed so that the user will never encounter the dsp limit of the device. This requires design constraints such as limiting the number of dsp-intensive FX blocks such as delays, reverbs, and some mods/filters.

In a previous update was added a looper function. Enough replace one block to it and there would be another block.

I use the firehawk FX only for effects and this is a great limitation for me.

The thing is, the looper does not require much if any dsp processing. It just needs memory storage and a minimal amount of processor resources, not nearly as much as an additional FX block.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-10-15-14-38-34.png

Here is a picture of the tone with 4 flex blocks so it must be possible

You can search it and see for yourself, though I've never road tested it so I have no idea if it is problematic or not

I don't own a Firehawk (and recently uninstalled the app to make room on my phone), perhaps it is dynamic and you get an extra flex block if not using all HD amps/effects?

I don't own a Firehawk (and recently uninstalled the app to make room on my phone), perhaps it is dynamic and you get an extra block if not using all HD amps/effects?

Yeah I tried that and it doesn't work, the extra flex block has taken the place of the fx loop block

I can see no way of changing the fx loop to a different block, it seems hard coded, maybe an experiment by line 6 that accidentally ended up on the cloud? Illuminati maybe? Aliens?

The thing is, the looper does not require much if any dsp processing. It just needs memory storage and a minimal amount of processor resources, not nearly as much as an additional FX block.

Hi, 

most likely you are right, but if the problem is processor, I suggest to insert 4-5 custom blocks in chain and restrict contemporary use only to 3 effects.

Yes - I agree that it would be better. That's why I prefer the design of the POD HD and Helix devices where the user is in control of allocating DSP resources up to the maximum available, and is prevented dynamically (not by design) from exceeding those limits. These devices work just like you describe.

All I am saying is that the Firehawk is designed differently. I think it would take a major design overhaul, not just an incremental improvement, to get additional assignable FX blocks.

But, no harm in suggesting and voting for the idea. Who knows - it may indeed be achievable and eventually implemented.

Yes - I agree that it would be better. That's why I prefer the design of the POD HD and Helix devices where the user is in control of allocating DSP resources up to the maximum available, and is prevented dynamically (not by design) from exceeding those limits. These devices work just like you describe.

All I am saying is that the Firehawk is designed differently. I think it would take a major design overhaul, not just an incremental improvement, to get additional assignable FX blocks.

But, no harm in suggesting and voting for the idea. Who knows - it may indeed be achievable and eventually implemented.

Thanks Silverhead :)

Yes, i think that the temporary solution might be insert 4-5 custom blocks in chain and limit contemporary use only to 3 effects. In this mode, the processor will be used in same now way but in this way there would be greater use flexibility.

On a side note... I was looking on-line for some good Helix videos and to my surprise I found one by the son of a good friend of mine, Tony Camponova. I remember him coming into the music store where I worked and wanted me to show him things. The student becomes the teacher... Ha  Check it out.  http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qt63tbx5Ncc

I entered my idea to increase blocks in http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/More-custom-blocks-on-chain/788149-23508?submitted=1

If you think it's a good idea, vote it! I hope that with an update this issue will be solved.

Added my vote. There's already a similar idea up there but it only has two votes, and one of those is mine :( .

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/More-Effect-blocks-within-Firehawk-chain/786995-23508

Yea, I'm the one who posted that 4 fx block patch. Don't really know how it happened and it was during an earlier firmware state. I haven't been back to it yet but does it still allow you to use 4fx blocks?

I haven't tried playing through the patch (3 flex blocks has been enough for me so far) but using the app alone you can change any of the 4 flex blocks to whatever you like and still change the amp to a hd one there are no error messages or anything like that, not sure how it sounds as I'm out of town at the moment, but I remember you posted about this patch ages ago and I made a point of finding it and saving to "my tones" in case I ever needed the extra block so thanks for posting it

I haven't tried playing through the patch (3 flex blocks has been enough for me so far) but using the app alone you can change any of the 4 flex blocks to whatever you like and still change the amp to a hd one there are no error messages or anything like that, not sure how it sounds as I'm out of town at the moment, but I remember you posted about this patch ages ago and I made a point of finding it and saving to "my tones" in case I ever needed the extra block so thanks for posting it

Probably you have an old release, because with firmware 1.10 and 1.20 the flex blocks are 3 and not 4.

I invite you to vote here the software mod. http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/More-custom-blocks-on-chain/788149-23508?submitted=1

Well it's just that all the info is already there, I'm not well and probably cranky so my apologies,

As in the pic I posted the title is "BJ Clean 1"

Do a manual tone search for that name using the app and it should show up,

Download it to the firehawk and try it out,

I haven't tried it while connected to the firehawk as I'm out of town

The extra flex block has taken the place of the fx loop block so it may be that one of those 4 flex blocks you can see doesn't do anything, I'm not sure, but on the app you can assign any effects you want into the 4 spaces instead of the usual 3

Scuse me, but i didn't understand!

The procedure for 4 blocks FX is:

1) Go to Tone Search

2) Insert BJ Clean 1

3) Save found patch

If you open found patch in editor, will see 4 custom blocks!

Thanks mcbeddal! ;)

No problem, I hope it helps

Like I say I'm not sure if all the blocks actually work (I have tried the tone in the past but probably didn't change all the blocks to verify that they were working)

If you try it, let us know how you get on

It is possible it may just be a graphical glitch that makes it look like there is an extra stomp or something, one of them may just operate like the fx loop block

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am being 100% serious, if I can't find the 4 FX block patch, I am not going to buy this amp.

I have searched the CLOUD from BJ Clan 1, in and out of quotes, to no avail.

This is the only thing holding me back, I have been looking through the app, and I would want to do 4 flex blocks.

Anyone know if another patch with 4?  Or can someone upload another 4 block patch?

Thanks,

David

I just voted for this, I was vote #21... :(

I just found it... search the tone cloud for "Bj clean 1"

You should see two tones with that name, pick the one by Skitterhawk. I have not played it through FH yet, but all four block are flexible, with no errors changing any of them to different types in the app.