Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do I change the EXP1 and EXP2 label to Wah and Vol?

SWoRd

Greetings  :)

I couldn't find how to change the expression pedal labels in the manual.

I've assigned EXP2 to control the Level parameter of the Output Multi block (the last one with an arrow).

How do I change that label?

Another issue:

I have assigned the Amp1 and Amp2 outputs to footswitch 7 and 1 (same as bank up/down).

How do I make them momentary instead of toggle?

I want to control our lighting rig via a DMXIS interface.

Any clues are highly appreciated!  :)

Soren

The scribble strip above the treadle isn't for the expression pedal; it's for the toe switch, which toggles between EXP 1 and EXP 2. You can choose to custom label it "Volume" or "Wah", but there isn't currently a way to display continuous controller settings on scribble strips. I'd suggest requesting it on IdeaScale.

Thanks  :)

Is it possible to customize the current EXP1 and EXP2 label of the toe switch?

If so where?

Not independently, because remember, you're labeling the toe switch (one switch), not the pedal functions (two EXP pedals).  :)

You can custom label that scribble strip from either the Footswitch Assign screen (first select a block assigned to the toe switch) or the Command Center screen.

• Upvote 1

I tried to put in a Wah pedal and then I can customize the display via the Footswitch Assign page, but if I do that I loose the ability to switch between Wah and Volume (EXP1 and EXP2).

The footswitch is already assigned to the Wah when it's inserted, and it works fine until I customize the display label.

After I customize the display label, the function of switching between EXP1 and EXP2 is lost.

Is that how it's supposed to work?

The footswitch is already assigned to the Wah when it's inserted, and it works fine until I customize the display label.

After I customize the display label, the function of switching between EXP1 and EXP2 is lost. Is that how it's supposed to work?

The switching is still there, but admittedly, if you custom label the scribble strip, it won't tell you which is active—You'll have to look at the blocks on the main screen.

To be honest, assigning a custom label to the EXP Toe scribble strip works best when not toggling EXP 1 and EXP 2.

• Downvote 1

The switching is still there, but admittedly, if you custom label the scribble strip, it won't tell you which is active—You'll have to look at the blocks on the main screen.

This sounds like a really tricky UX problem to solve elegantly.... I'm sure there's a way though, and one that is better than any other unit has implemented so far....

Any clues on momentary switching of the Amp1 and Amp2 outputs?

I assume you're talking about the Amp 1 and 2 relays? Are you asking how to set the switch controlling them to be momentary? You do that in the Command Center window.

I assume you're talking about the Amp 1 and 2 relays? Are you asking how to set the switch controlling them to be momentary? You do that in the Command Center window.

Yes, exactly. Thank you for the response.  :)

The DMXIS interface takes two footswitch inputs which is perfect for the Helix outputs, but it requires a non latching switch because you can single, double or long click each input and assign three different functions to these three types of click. That's why I need the momentary switch type.

We don't want to play to click tracks because we often improvise a bit depending on how things are working out with the audience, so I have to control the lights manually to synchronize the different scenes to the band (as opposed to the normal way of synchronizing the band to the show).

Now when I go to the control center and assign switch 1 to Tip and switch 7 to Ring, the only option I have besides selecting Tip, Ring or Both is to customize the label. I simply don't see an option to switch between latching or momentary operation???

Although I do not own a helix yet I was informed the switching mechanism was the same as on the pod. I am not a fan of that...I found it crunchy and requiring a bit of force on the pod...plus it boosts whatever ever state it is in prior to switching over when you need to toe switch.

What I would prefer is a switch assigned to toggle between Wah and Volume AND it update the EXP1/2 to the state of the pedal (WAH  or VOL). Is that possible?

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, assigning a custom label to the EXP Toe scribble strip works best when not toggling EXP 1 and EXP 2.

Looking at the blocks on the main screen seems like a less than ideal solution. I hope there is an update in the future that enhances the labeling function on the expression pedal scribble switch.  Lots of potential for this scribble strip, I am confident Line6 will take advantage of it.

What I would prefer is a switch assigned to toggle between Wah and Volume AND it update the EXP1/2 to the state of the pedal (WAH  or VOL). Is that possible?

Could not agree more, this is precisely how many people will want to use it!  It would be great to have it be able to toggle between say "VOL" and "WAH" as well as retain and enhance the current functionality such that the toeswitch setting could be indicated by highlighting "VOL" or "WAH".

I submitted this suggestion to IdeaScale, you can vote it up here http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Enhance-labeling-for-scribble-strip-above-Expression-pedal/790022-23508?submitted=1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to put in a Wah pedal and then I can customize the display via the Footswitch Assign page, but if I do that I loose the ability to switch between Wah and Volume (EXP1 and EXP2).

After I customize the display label, the function of switching between EXP1 and EXP2 is lost.

Is that how it's supposed to work?

I think I am seeing the same issue when I customize the text for the expression pedal scribble strip. I name the expression pedal "WAH". After I label the expression pedal the Wah pedal function ceases to function. The text shows "WAH" but the actual function of the Wah pedal no longer modifies the sound or changes the "Position" value when the Wah pedal is selected. If I delete the custom name "WAH", then the Wah pedal starts working again. Is this a known bug?

I think I am seeing the same issue when I customize the text for the expression pedal scribble strip. I name the expression pedal "WAH". After I label the expression pedal the Wah pedal function ceases to function. The text shows "WAH" but the actual function of the Wah pedal no longer modifies the sound or changes the "Position" value when the Wah pedal is selected. If I delete the custom name "WAH", then the Wah pedal starts working again. Is this a known bug?

It's not a bug. The scribble strip is not for the EXP functions, it's for the EXP Toe Switch (although you can custom label it to reflect a single function if you're not switching between EXP 1 and 2). We have some ideas on how to better utilize that particular display. A lot of stuff in Helix is for futureproofing, as our Wish List is literally hundreds of items long.

It's not a bug. The scribble strip is not for the EXP functions, it's for the EXP Toe Switch (although you can custom label it to reflect a single function if you're not switching between EXP 1 and 2). We have some ideas on how to better utilize that particular display. A lot of stuff in Helix is for futureproofing, as our Wish List is literally hundreds of items long.

Thanks for the response DI. I get that the scribble strip is for the toe switch and considered using the terminology "EXP toe switch" instead of "expression pedal" in my post but thought I might confuse the issue (clearly that was a miscalculation).  The problem I am most perplexed by is not with the scribble strip (although I look forward to that being enhanced). What I am seeing is that the expression pedal itself actually ceases to function properly when you assign a customized name to the EXP toe switch. The ability to control the WAH or alternatively the volume pedal disappears, at least on my Helix. Depending on the preset, either the volume or the Wah ceases to be controlled by the expression pedal. This is the behavior that is concerning me. I am wondering if everyone else is having problems with expression pedal functionality after customizing the text on the EXP toe switch scribble strip? This malfunction occurs for me on any preset that has a voume pedal and a wah pedal block assigned to EXP 2 and EXP 1 (default assignment).

It appears that customizing the EXP toe switch scribble strip actually adversely impacts the operation of the EXP toe switch and/or the expression pedal. You lose the ability to control the Wah or volume and the behavior does not appear to be consistent, sometimes the wah functionality is affected and sometimes it is the volume but after a custom name, one or the other always ceases to work properly. I did not expect a labeling procedure to impact pedal or Exp toe switch operation.  Removing the custom text in the scribble strip restores normal operation.

Ah, I think I may understand what you are saying now. Changing the text on the EXP toe switch scribble strip actually modifies the toe switch behavior such that it can no longer flip back and forth between two blocks, e.g. volume and wah and operate the pedal properly. Changing the label means that the EXP switch and pedal now only control one block, for example the wah. You retain the ability to switch between blocks like the volume and wah but lose the ability to have the expression pedal work for both. If this was the operation intended wouldn't it make more sense not to allow the switch to toggle between the two blocks and only have it turn on and off the one block that the pedal can still control? I have to admit that sounds more like a bug than a "feature" but if that is what you are getting at I understand now.

So for now if you wish to retain the ability to switch between two blocks (e.g. wah, volume) with the EXP toe switch AND retain proper pedal operation you CANNOT custom label the EXP toe switch. I would humbly request that behavior be modified to accommodate the ability to toggle between blocks as it does so well when the label is not customized. A request you have no doubt received many times already. Thanks for taking the time to respond and explain, much appreciated.

Ah, I think I may understand what you are saying now. Changing the text on the EXP toe switch scribble strip actually modifies the toe switch behavior such that it can no longer flip back and forth between two blocks, e.g. volume and wah and operate the pedal properly.

It shouldn't; custom labeling has no impact on functionality. You should still be able to toggle between multiple assigned blocks (such as Wah and Volume), it's just that if you custom label the toe switch, it won't tell you whether you're currently on EXP 1 or EXP 2. That's why you should only custom label that scribble strip when it makes sense.

It shouldn't; custom labeling has no impact on functionality. You should still be able to toggle between multiple assigned blocks (such as Wah and Volume), it's just that if you custom label the toe switch, it won't tell you whether you're currently on EXP 1 or EXP 2. That's why you should only custom label that scribble strip when it makes sense.

Does that mean I may have a defective unit or need to try reapplying the firmware? Because in my case labeling the EXP toe switch is absolutely impacting pedal operation. I am on the latest firmware. Is anyone else having this issue? A simple check to see if you can still control volume and wah with the expression pedal after applying a custom label to the EXP toe switch should verify whether this is an issue.

Does that mean I may have a defective unit or need to try reapplying the firmware? Because in my case labeling the EXP toe switch is absolutely impacting pedal operation. I am on the latest firmware. Is anyone else having this issue? A simple check to see if you can still control volume and wah with the expression pedal after applying a custom label to the EXP toe switch should verify whether this is an issue.

Works fine here. Just to make sure—you're not expecting the scribble strip to change beyond your custom label text to dim, right? That's all that it'll do. But it should still engage/bypass any assigned blocks as normal.

If it's not, make sure the blocks are still assigned. If it's still acting funky, yeah, reinstall 1.03 and definitely reset your globals (back up your presets, hold 9 and 10 while booting to reset, reload your presets).

Works fine here. Just to make sure—you're not expecting the scribble strip to change beyond your custom label text to dim, right? That's all that it'll do. But it should still engage/bypass any assigned blocks as normal.

If it's not, make sure the blocks are still assigned. If it's still acting funky, yeah, reinstall 1.03 and definitely reset your globals (back up your presets, hold 9 and 10 while booting to reset, reload your presets).

Yep, the dim functionality works just as anticipated. Just wanted to clarify, it still toe switches back and forth between volume and wah but the expression pedal only works on either the volume or the wah after the label is customized. Even when I am switched to the wah/volume the pedal does not work. It is the loss of function on the pedal, not the switch, that is mystifying. I will backup and reflash the firmware as well as doing the globals reset. Hopefully that will remedy it. Thanks very much for running the test on your Helix!

I reinstalled firmware version 1.03 and then reset the globals with the hold 9 & 10 and restart procedure. I am still seeing the same exact problem from a completely vanilla installation, all global parameters set to default. The "bug" is totally reproduceable and is immediately fixed when the custom label on the EXP toe switch scribble strip is removed. 

Can anyone else reproduce this bug? Here is my exact method for recreating the problem. I could really use some help from some other users to see if they can recreate this. DI has not been able to reproduce this bug and I am wondering if my hardware is faulty. Could some other folks please test this.  Thanks!!!

1. Select a preset with a wah and volume pedal block.  I chose 03A "Soup Pro" (I can select any preset with volume pedal and wah block and reproduce this bug)
  2. Press the "Home" button and use the joystick to select the volume pedal block. Make sure the expression toe switch is set to "Exp 2". When you move the expression pedal you should see the "Position" parameter move and your volume should change.
  3. Use the joystick to select the wah pedal block. Make sure the expression toe switch is set to "Exp 1". When you move the expression pedal you should see the "Position" parameter move and you should hear the wah effect.
  4. Press the "Global Settings" button and choose the "Command Center"
  5. Navigate to the EXP Toe Switch and press "Customize"
  6. Delete the first letter from the name displayed (if you are testing this on the 03A "Soup Pro" preset the name will be "Teardrop 310". Delete the "T" so it reads "eardrop 310"). You can rename it anything you want but I wanted to keep things as simple and repeatable as possible.
  7. Hit "OK" to save the custom name.
  8. Now hit the "Home" button again to exit the Command Center and return to the home screen.
  9. Repeat steps 2 & 3. (You should find that either the volume or the wah are no longer controlled by the expression pedal. That is the bug.)
  10. You can reverse the operation by going back into the Command Center and deleting your custom name. Normal operation is then restored to the expression pedal and it is once again able to control the wah and volume levels.

I would point out that I have one of the Helix units that has the extra tab sensor on both the right and the left XLR ouputs. I know there are versions floating around with only one tab sensor, on the left XLR output. Don't know if this is pertinent unless other hardware was changed as well.

I could sort of reproduce this, using the Soup Pro preset, but I'm still able to control the wah. It's just that when switching the expression pedal, it doesn't change to controlling the volume even though it's still assigned to EXP2, it still controls the wah. Weird bug indeed.

By the way, I have a unit that has inserts in both XLR jacks.

I could sort of reproduce this, using the Soup Pro preset, but I'm still able to control the wah. It's just that when switching the expression pedal, it doesn't change to controlling the volume even though it's still assigned to EXP2, it still controls the wah. Weird bug indeed.

By the way, I have a unit that has inserts in both XLR jacks.

Thanks very much for testing! I think that is the same behavior I saw. So it is not just my Helix. I will submit a ticket to CS.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,

I just want to assign EXP 1 as my onboard permanent wah.

I want to assign EXP 2 as my onboard volume pedal (log style).

Punch once on the toe switch when in wah...EXP1 and volume is a go.

Punch again when in EXP2...end up in EXP1 and wah pedal.

And have same amp volume level with each exp position.

Is that doable?

S.

j

• 2 months later...

Bug: Expression pedal switch scribble strip not showing custom label after switching presets until the expression pedal fooswitch is pushed at least once.

I posted this over in the bug section yesterday and I am hoping some other folks on the forum will confirm this behavior before I open a ticket with tech support. This issue with the expression switch labeling is starting to drag out a bit. I was so psyched initially when I saw that this firmware release had dealt with the loss of volume pedal control bug caused by a custom label. Seems like they introduced a new bug in the process. Looking forward to this getting resolved once and for all and ultimately to the labeling on the expression pedal switch actually being enhanced to be more useful. Thanks!

I think there is still a bug in the expression pedal switch scribble strip labeling functionality. If you custom label the expression switch scribble strip, for example, "WAH", save it, then pick another preset and come back, you have to push the expression pedal switch one time to get your label back. Until then it shows the default "EXP1 EXP 2". This makes no sense as the custom label might be some information you need to see when the preset first comes up such as "PhsrRate" or "WHAMMY". You should not have to actually engage the expression switch to see what it does (per your custom label).  Is everyone else seeing the same problem/bug?

The functionality is still not working properly for expression switch labeling although the loss of volume pedal control has been remedied, good on that. 

No offence intended but whoever is working the issues with custom labeling the expression switch scribble strip could do a better job of QA. It took about 60 seconds to find this problem, all you had to do was switch presets and come back to the one with the custom label and you would have seen the bug. It would seem that one of the most basic and necessary tests you can run in the QA process for the Helix is to switch away and back to a preset to see if your bugfix changes stuck. Users should not be seeing this kind of bug. If it was something that required more work in a future firmware release then it should have been listed in the "Known bugs" section of the firmware release. This can't possibly be the intended behavior for the expression switch labeling, can it? 

I have been using, developing, and testing complex software for years and products as complicated as the Helix are always going to have issues that only the users will be able to discover especially shortly after the initial release. There are simply too many complex scenarios for any QA suite or testing harness to deal with and not enough hours in the day for a QA team to test everything. However, basic issues that are easy to detect and test should rarely be popping up for users. If they are issues that require more work in a future firmware release, as mentioned, they are best listed in the known bugs. This not only demonstrates that due diligence has been pursued in the QA process but gives us hope that they are in the queue to be fixed. I apologize for veering into lecture territory but I really am totally willing and expect to have to help out as an early adopter with the more complicated, more buried bugs, just not obvious ones like this. Sincere thanks for working on this issue but a new bug was introduced in the process. I realize there are more pressing issues on the Helix now and this can wait, but Helix users should not have to be the QA team for such an easily detected issue. We waited months for the fix to the loss of volume control caused by a custom label, I hope this fix comes sooner, I hope it is a simple one.

Firmware: v1.06.0 
Bug: Expression pedal switch scribble strip not showing custom label after switching presets until the expression pedal fooswitch is pushed at least once.

(Step by step description of how to reproduce bug)

• Custom label expression pedal footswitch scribble strip, in my example I named it "WAH".
  • Save the preset. Choose another preset. Return to the preset with the custom label.
  • Instead of the custom label displaying a greyed out "WAH", the expression switch scribble strip shows the default "EXP 1 EXP 2".
  • If you activate the wah, your custom label reappears, if you turn the wah off you get a greyed out "WAH" label. The behavior is inconsistent.
  • After switching presets to a preset with a custom label on the expression footswitch, you should see the custom lablel, not "EXP 1 EXP2" (the default).

Last but not least, the Helix really needs the ability to switch between two labels, e.g. "WAH" & "VOL". It is extremely difficult to see whether the expression switch custom scribble strip label is greyed out or not on the fly in a live situation. The other switches have the advantage of a colored ring to help indicate their status but the minor difference between greyed out and not on the expression switch scribble strip can be very hard to detect without any other visual cues. For now though I would be perfectly happy just to see the current functionality working correctly. Thanks!

Note: If this turns out to be a problem only with my Helix or user error I submit my abject apologies in advance for being so didactic.

• Custom label expression pedal footswitch scribble strip, in my example I named it "WAH".
  • Save the preset. Choose another preset. Return to the preset with the custom label.
  • Instead of the custom label displaying a greyed out "WAH", the expression switch scribble strip shows the default "EXP 1 EXP 2".
  • If you activate the wah, your custom label reappears, if you turn the wah off you get a greyed out "WAH" label. The behavior is inconsistent.
  • After switching presets to a preset with a custom label on the expression footswitch, you should see the custom lablel, not "EXP 1 EXP2" (the default).

Last but not least, the Helix really needs the ability to switch between two labels, e.g. "WAH" & "VOL". It is extremely difficult to see whether the expression switch custom scribble strip label is greyed out or not on the fly in a live situation. The other switches have the advantage of a colored ring to help indicate their status but the minor difference between greyed out and not on the expression switch scribble strip can be very hard to detect without any other visual cues. For now though I would be perfectly happy just to see the current functionality working correctly. Thanks!

Note: If this turns out to be a problem only with my Helix or user error I submit my abject apologies in advance for being so didactic.

Same thing happens on mine.

On the hard to differentiate between on/off on the pedal scribble strip, um, get better eyes? :D Or mount one of those flat magnifier thingamagigs over the top of the scribble strip. :wacko:

• Upvote 1

Same thing happens on mine.

On the hard to differentiate between on/off on the pedal scribble strip, um, get better eyes? :D Or mount one of those flat magnifier thingamagigs over the top of the scribble strip. :wacko:

+1 Thanks very much for testing this duncann!  Yep, better eyes would be nice, and thanks for the flat magnifier tip, I will try that. It would still be nice to see the scribble switch be able to toggle between two labels related to whatever functions are assigned to the expression pedal.

• 1 month later...

I reinstalled firmware version 1.03 and then reset the globals with the hold 9 & 10 and restart procedure. I am still seeing the same exact problem from a completely vanilla installation, all global parameters set to default. The "bug" is totally reproduceable and is immediately fixed when the custom label on the EXP toe switch scribble strip is removed. 

Can anyone else reproduce this bug? Here is my exact method for recreating the problem. I could really use some help from some other users to see if they can recreate this. DI has not been able to reproduce this bug and I am wondering if my hardware is faulty. Could some other folks please test this.  Thanks!!!

1. Select a preset with a wah and volume pedal block.  I chose 03A "Soup Pro" (I can select any preset with volume pedal and wah block and reproduce this bug)
  2. Press the "Home" button and use the joystick to select the volume pedal block. Make sure the expression toe switch is set to "Exp 2". When you move the expression pedal you should see the "Position" parameter move and your volume should change.
  3. Use the joystick to select the wah pedal block. Make sure the expression toe switch is set to "Exp 1". When you move the expression pedal you should see the "Position" parameter move and you should hear the wah effect.
  6. Delete the first letter from the name displayed (if you are testing this on the 03A "Soup Pro" preset the name will be "Teardrop 310". Delete the "T" so it reads "eardrop 310"). You can rename it anything you want but I wanted to keep things as simple and repeatable as possible.
  8. Now hit the "Home" button again to exit the Command Center and return to the home screen.
  9. Repeat steps 2 & 3. (You should find that either the volume or the wah are no longer controlled by the expression pedal. That is the bug.)
  10. You can reverse the operation by going back into the Command Center and deleting your custom name. Normal operation is then restored to the expression pedal and it is once again able to control the wah and volume levels.

I would point out that I have one of the Helix units that has the extra tab sensor on both the right and the left XLR ouputs. I know there are versions floating around with only one tab sensor, on the left XLR output. Don't know if this is pertinent unless other hardware was changed as well.

I was able to recreate your issue.  But I also got it to work.  I highlighted the volume block, hit action, clicked the toe switch, then it works.

I can switch between the two settings fine.  The name on the scribble pad lights up for wah and dims for volume. Hope this helps.

I was able to recreate your issue.  But I also got it to work.  I highlighted the volume block, hit action, clicked the toe switch, then it works.

I can switch between the two settings fine.  The name on the scribble pad lights up for wah and dims for volume. Hope this helps.

I posted this over in the bug section yesterday and I am hoping some other folks on the forum will confirm this behavior before I open a ticket with tech support. This issue with the expression switch labeling is starting to drag out a bit. I was so psyched initially when I saw that this firmware release had dealt with the loss of volume pedal control bug caused by a custom label. Seems like they introduced a new bug in the process. Looking forward to this getting resolved once and for all and ultimately to the labeling on the expression pedal switch actually being enhanced to be more useful. Thanks!

I think there is still a bug in the expression pedal switch scribble strip labeling functionality. If you custom label the expression switch scribble strip, for example, "WAH", save it, then pick another preset and come back, you have to push the expression pedal switch one time to get your label back. Until then it shows the default "EXP1 EXP 2". This makes no sense as the custom label might be some information you need to see when the preset first comes up such as "PhsrRate" or "WHAMMY". You should not have to actually engage the expression switch to see what it does (per your custom label).  Is everyone else seeing the same problem/bug?

The functionality is still not working properly for expression switch labeling although the loss of volume pedal control has been remedied, good on that. 

No offence intended but whoever is working the issues with custom labeling the expression switch scribble strip could do a better job of QA. It took about 60 seconds to find this problem, all you had to do was switch presets and come back to the one with the custom label and you would have seen the bug. It would seem that one of the most basic and necessary tests you can run in the QA process for the Helix is to switch away and back to a preset to see if your bugfix changes stuck. Users should not be seeing this kind of bug. If it was something that required more work in a future firmware release then it should have been listed in the "Known bugs" section of the firmware release. This can't possibly be the intended behavior for the expression switch labeling, can it? 

I have been using, developing, and testing complex software for years and products as complicated as the Helix are always going to have issues that only the users will be able to discover especially shortly after the initial release. There are simply too many complex scenarios for any QA suite or testing harness to deal with and not enough hours in the day for a QA team to test everything. However, basic issues that are easy to detect and test should rarely be popping up for users. If they are issues that require more work in a future firmware release, as mentioned, they are best listed in the known bugs. This not only demonstrates that due diligence has been pursued in the QA process but gives us hope that they are in the queue to be fixed. I apologize for veering into lecture territory but I really am totally willing and expect to have to help out as an early adopter with the more complicated, more buried bugs, just not obvious ones like this. Sincere thanks for working on this issue but a new bug was introduced in the process. I realize there are more pressing issues on the Helix now and this can wait, but Helix users should not have to be the QA team for such an easily detected issue. We waited months for the fix to the loss of volume control caused by a custom label, I hope this fix comes sooner, I hope it is a simple one.

Thanks for testing this shawncooke1 but from the post you quoted it looks like an old bug with the expression switch scribble strip that got fixed in the 1.06.5 firmware. They introduced a new bug however which is in the self-quote right above this comment. If you feel so inclined please let me know if you have a fix for this "bug". Thanks!

Thanks for testing this shawncooke1 but from the post you quoted it looks like an old bug with the expression switch scribble strip that got fixed in the 1.06.5 firmware. They introduced a new bug however which is in the self-quote right above this comment. If you feel so inclined please let me know if you have a fix for this "bug". Thanks!

Im not having that problem. I am able to change the scribble strip to desired name, latch it to both volume and wah, save in command center, hit save on main screen to save the preset, change to a different preset, then come back to the edited preset with the expression scribble still edited.. Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying, or your helix is having an issue.

Im not having that problem. I am able to change the scribble strip to desired name, latch it to both volume and wah, save in command center, hit save on main screen to save the preset, change to a different preset, then come back to the edited preset with the expression scribble still edited.. Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying, or your helix is having an issue.

When you switch back to the preset, is the name, e.g. "Wah" grayed out of is it lit? If it is lit, does it correspond to the WAH being on or not? Mine always comes up lit even though the WAH is not engaged. Only after I click it twice does it start graying and lighting "properly. Thanks.

When you switch back to the preset, is the name, e.g. "Wah" grayed out of is it lit? If it is lit, does it correspond to the WAH being on or not? Mine always comes up lit even though the WAH is not engaged. Only after I click it twice does it start graying and lighting "properly. Thanks.

when I come back the scribble is lit, but should be unlit, as it always reverts to the volume when i come back to the preset. If i activate the wah, it still stays lit until i deactivate the wah back to the volume, as it then dims down. So yes there is a bug of some sort there.

• Upvote 1

when I come back the scribble is lit, but should be unlit, as it always reverts to the volume when i come back to the preset. If i activate the wah, it still stays lit until i deactivate the wah back to the volume, as it then dims down. So yes there is a bug of some sort there.

+1 Yes, that is exactly the bug I am referring to. Thank you so much for testing this! I truly appreciate it!

I just retested it and the behavior I am seeing is: the scribble strip ("WAH") comes up unlit with volume block on and the wah block off, I press the expression pedal switch and now the wah block is on and the volume block is off but the "WAH" text on the strip is still unlit (the scribble strip has not changed lit/unlit states even though the expression pedal switch has been clicked!).  I press the exp. pedal switch again and now the volume block is on and the wah block is off but the "WAH" text is lit. Totally wonky and not reflective of the assignments on the pedal switch. The lit/unlit behavior is not consistent until the pedal is pressed twice. After pressing the pedal twice the scribble strip now properly alternates between lit and unlit but is lit for volume and unlit for wah (it should be the reverse). I would love to see L6 fix this behavior once and for all.

• 4 years later...

When I press the expression pedal to go from Volume to Wah, In pressing the pedal it does switch to Wah, but my amp goes to bypass. I tried to turn it on and save it, but when switching channels or turning it off, it goes back to turning my amp to bypass. Any suggestions?

9 hours ago, Keegster said:

When I press the expression pedal to go from Volume to Wah, In pressing the pedal it does switch to Wah, but my amp goes to bypass. I tried to turn it on and save it, but when switching channels or turning it off, it goes back to turning my amp to bypass. Any suggestions?

Sounds like your amp’s bypass assign got inadvertently set to either EXP Toe, or one of the EXP Pedals. Select your amp block, press the menu button, and click bypass assign. “Switch” should be set to “None”.