Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Noob question.

shane01

Hi all, Regarding a HD500

This is soo easy for some of you but I just can't see it ,I see in a lot of post's about just running through '1 input ' and silencing the other ,or running both inputs in the signal path,  How do you silence a input?

Thanks in advance.

Two ways 

1. on the pc, using EDIT, it is up in the upper left corner. --- can be found on page 12 (2.2) of the Edit Pilot's Guide

2. on the device, page 3 of the system menu --- can be found on page 13&14 of the Quick Start Guide 

You will need to use them both, because one is the device setting (which could be global) and one is the patch setting (which could be overridden by a global device setting)

To silence input two - you will put input two on Variax. 

For the record, it doesn't silence it. It is still usable. There is no 'off' button. But it will be silenced in the sense that no line fuzz will be heard. 

**And, you are correct. Many times, we talk to each other so many times and say the same things over and over, that we forget that not everyone has been here to see the past write ups or to know certain processes like the back of their hand. 

Thank you guys I see now ,you just set the other input to a unused instrument , I will never use mic so set to mic it will sort of shut it down .

Thanks.

I have played for 25 years and have 15 marshall 50/100 watt heads so I have some knowledge of sound  but just bit the bullet and bought a dream rig,JTV59 hd500 and dt50 head and dt25 head so it's a big learning curve at the mo.

Thanks again