Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Your opinion here. What should fix line6 in a new update?

RedOmegaGZ

Well, obviusly I'm not part of the line6 staff but I think could be a good thing write the fixes we'll like show in our Amplifi products.

-The first one probably be fix the conection problems with some kind of Android devices.

-Fix "Bender" efect. (Bender – This effect lets you control a change of pitch using an FBV pedal connected to a AMPLIFi. You can set one amount of pitch shift for the heel position of the pedal, and another amount of pitch shift for the two, then rock on the pedal to change pitch from one setting to another.) I like show it working properly.

-Sometimes when I play music with the cellphone linked with the Amplifi I can't listen anything and only works after turn off the bluetooth and the Amplifi and conect both again.

Well what about you? What fixes you like see soon?

(Sorry about my English)

I'd like a better system for finding decent tones in the cloud. Currently it's just a dumping ground for mediocre to average tones with occasional great ones. The star system is noit very useful. I'd like to see a pro tones section where people who know what they're doing add tones . Also tones that have huge volume settings should have a warning on them. 

• Upvote 4

• 3 months later...

A simple EQ widget - bass, mid, treble - that will work when playing content through the amp either by bluetooth or using the USB cable. I play my keyboard through the amp with the cable and it sounds great but needs the bass turning down. Ditto when playing music through bluetooth. I am nearly loving this amp but it really does need that issue to be addressed.

• Upvote 1

In all the sales literature the product is supposed to "instantly" create the tone from the MP3 being played.. This is what I am trying to save, but it doesn't seem to be there. I have seen videos of people creating tones manually. That is not what was advertised and most of us  probably don't have the skills to manually create tones,.

Bottom line I am playing the song.from my phone. There are no clues to how to save that tone. There are no references to the tone  In the app..

I am looking to play the piece on a backing track with no guitar.

Using Galaxy S3

I'm not sure about android, but on iOS there is a commonly used icon that is a rectangle with an up arrow pointing from its centre. This standard icon is used by iOS apps, including the AMPLIFi/Firehawk apps, to initiate some sort of export action (e.g. sending, sharing, printing, .... anything that sends an app item outside the app itself). You will find the AMPLIFi tone saving options by touching this icon. You can save it to My Tones, to the cloud, or (at least with Firehawk) save it to the device.

I would like to control it from my iMac with USB or Bluetooth.

DING - DING!!

Who else is using their Line 6 Amplifi (xx) in conjunction with a computer based app - Riffstation, Cubase AI, whateves?

It'd be super cool if I could grab the tone from a song using the Amplifi Remote app on a computer, and then run an alternate app like Riffstation to learn the song or run a backing track without having to import a bunch of junk to my phone.

The current work-around I'm using involves connecting and re-connecting devices via Bluetooth.

If I'm a moron, and it's already possible to do this or you have an alternate work-around - please, let me know. 

• Upvote 1

also, can we get the ability to control fading (left/right) of the music. Seems simple enough to do.. A lot of records you can cut out one of the guitar parts by fading left/right (ac/dc for example).. i wish i could do it in the app.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can you describe the updating problem you are having? Include the equipment you are using, the procedure you are using, and exactly where the problem occurs.

Didn't want to crowd this thread with it. Same problem as 99% of the threads I read here. I'll start a thread. I already have a support ticket open.

Hi, sorry to sound negative, but the answer to the question is really quite simple, Line 6 should fix all problems that are being raised too often on this Forum. I read the forum regularly, and it is so disappointing to hear of people having problems with their new kit. Surely Line 6 are concerned about this? Simply to say Line 6 don't take much notice of the Forum is appalling. In purchasing your equipment there is a duty on Line 6 to provide the customer what has been sold as advertised. If this is not the case it should be give their money back time!!!,

Again, sorry to be so negative, but I don't see many "happy" posts - come on Line 6 get this sorted.

JpW

Again, sorry to be so negative, but I don't see many "happy" posts - come on Line 6 get this sorted.

JpW

I agree that Line 6 should fix customer problems. And, for the most part, they do. The support ticket method is the official problem reporting and fixing mechanism.

The reason you see mostly problems discussed here is that this is a user support forum. People come here seeking help with specific problems. Happy users with no problems (the vast majority of Line 6 customers*) don't typically come here. It's human nature and evident in all walks of life. People take the time to try to get things fixed when they need things fixed. They don't typically take time to report that they have no problems.

Feel free to make a happy post about Line 6 product you own that has no problem. You're here, so presumably you own a product. But you haven't talked about a problem. So.....?

* As of this moment in the full Members list here, with my display settings, there are 14,668 pages of 20 members/page of registered community members. So less than 300,000 members, the vast majority of whom are no longer active. They made a few posts, got some help, and never came back. This list goes back many years. If that number represented the total number of Line 6 customers over those years they would no longer be in business. So it's important to keep that perspective when judging the level of Line 6 concern about customer satisfaction and problem resolution.

My guess is many people give up. It is an unrealistic chore to get up to speed. From updating drivers to learning how to use the app.

The product does work, but the process of figuring it out is unreasonable. No manual or instructions about the amp or the app.

Yes there is this forum even though Line6 does not contribute much. The do have tickets and they do answer but I suspect many people don't bother and ultimately lose interest.

Real customer oriented businesses would not tolerate this type of situation. Get real Line6.

Now that the update worked for me, I think the only thing I am interested in seeing is bluetooth connectivity fixed. Every time I turn on the amp it seems I have to turn off and back on bluetooth in my phone for it to connect.

I'd also be interested in a Windows app. I don't need bluetooth, it was just nice/neat to have. The Fender Mustang's come with a Windows app and no bluetooth. It works perfect.

• 3 months later...

Bluetooth cuts out intermittently playing music library, have tried all suggested fixes and then some nothing works, makes playing along with library impossible.

Please fix this, or tell me what I can do to fix it on my end.

a laundry list of attempted solutions compiled by users would be a good place to start.

LG G4 Android 6.0

all notifications, enabled apps that might affect this somehow have been disabled or force stopped.

btw i started a ticket for this as well

I would like iMac compatibility. I like GarageBand and would be nice to use Amplifi like you can use POD HD. All in one place and easy.

Ditto. The device does not work with newer iMacs with USB 3.0 so I cannot record directly into Garage Band! Line 6 basically gave up on this product when they shifted time and support to the Helix and Firehawk lines.

Jim

• Downvote 1