Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

CRASHED!!!!

dbraman

I don't think the power outage is much different than the aborted firmware install scenario. You need to rerun the updater - at worst case trying a different computer if the firmware install is not completing. Is the Helix being seen by the updater as a device it can see to attempt to update?

• 9 months later...

After a failed firmware update now when i turn on the Helix it never fully boots back up.  And the screen is doing some weird stuff where parts of the screen get distorted and then come back to normal but the unit never comes back on.  Any suggestions?

After a failed firmware update now when i turn on the Helix it never fully boots back up.  And the screen is doing some weird stuff where parts of the screen get distorted and then come back to normal but the unit never comes back on.  Any suggestions?

Hi ninjamedic,

This a very old thread from 2015 - you may have more success in getting an answer elsewhere. Try this, it seems to have a similar topic.

http://line6.com/support/topic/21866-my-helix-is-dead/?do=findComment&comment=166012

Or, try a search for "Bricked My Helix" - Sorry, I can't be more help on this one

Good luck

I agree - try posting in a more recent thread- and read the thread first to see if you can find any answers there.

Also make sure you are following the installation instructions as posted in the download screen. If you follow them you may find your problem gets resolved.