Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lag time between presets

GlennDeLaune

250ms? When I measured mine in Reaper, it was maybe 100ms at most. It was fast enough that I couldn't really hear a gap, and I actually had a hard time isolating the gap. It might get a little higher if you're switching between two very complicated presets, but still shouldn't be that high.

250ms was just a guess going by ear. Even the factory presets have a lag between them though. You can surely hear the gap right??. It's defenitely noticable. Are they ever going to be seemless??

I don't really hear a gap in the sense that I notice any real silence between patches, but I can hear an abrupt change, yes. I don't know if there is a possibility of the time being optimized more or not. I know that they really decreased it quite a bit from the early beta firmware versions to the 1.0. Spillover blocks would be a nice addition. I don't really know what they're plans are in this regard, though.

There are a few IdeaScale suggestions to address patch reverb and delay tails carrying over between patches, but that seems a bit unlikely. An easier solution is to set up everything you want for a song on a patch and switch bits in and out as needed. I wouldn't expect anyone to need much more flexibilty than you could get that way, at least not in any single song.

The only product on the planet with preset spillover is the DigiTech GSP1101 and it dedicates half of its horsepower to spillover and only spillover.

If you can live with two tones spilling over within the same preset, try starting out with 8 TEMPLATES > 02C TwoTones A-B or 02D TwoTones Blend. Both have spillover delay and reverb.

We also have some cool ideas for the future, but can't publicly commit to anything.

• Upvote 1

The only product on the planet with preset spillover is the DigiTech GSP1101 and it dedicates half of its horsepower to spillover and only spillover.

If you can live with two tones spilling over within the same preset, try starting out with 8 TEMPLATES > 02C TwoTones A-B or 02D TwoTones Blend. Both have spillover delay and reverb.

We also have some cool ideas for the future, but can't publicly commit to anything.

Hey Digital Igloo - not to be a pain, but my G-System has patch/delay spillover, as did my Digitech 2120.... I'm perfectly happy with the in-preset spillover the Helix provides though! 

Question - the workflow and structure of the Helix reminds me a lot of my old 2120.  Was there any influence there - or do any of the old Digitech guys work at Line 6?  Helix is the first box I've used in a decade that trumps the 2120's usability.  

Hey Digital Igloo - not to be a pain, but my G-System has patch/delay spillover, as did my Digitech 2120.... I'm perfectly happy with the in-preset spillover the Helix provides though!

Delay or reverb spillover is fairly easy to implement, but then all your presets have to have the same delay and reverb (which may be acceptable to some). We have some cooler ideas.