Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Gear Box player doesn`t play any more

Fetzentierchen

Hi there guys,

I`ve been using gear box and its player for a long time, having lots of fun playing along tons of mp3 of all kind that I own.

I recently had to replace my hard drive, set the system up again and installed gear box again.

Now the player button of the Gear Box Player doesn`t play any more :wacko: .

Every other button does well, but this sure doesn`t help as long as no music gets played.

I read all the threats about this obvously well known problem, e.g. proposing to reinstall w/out any usb plugged in and so on, but not all poor clients seemed happy after that. Some threats ending frustrated, like "line6 please answer, I still haven`t got a workaround" or with answer from line6 like "send us your setup, we`ll see about it" and then the thread ends ??

Can you help us all who need the player for good living, to clarify this issue finally, please, there must be another reason than usb connection issues?

Thanks a lot

fetzentier

Win7, HP8200elite, i5 2400, 8GB RAM, Guitar port, Gear Box 3.72

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi there!

Fellows on Line 6. could you give us anything such as GearBox? I guess that was an amazing program that had a great funcion and save a lot of time creating tones. I use a windows 10 PC, and I can't get no more of it!

Please, help us!!! We want to play! ;-)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I´ve just tried out gearbox/guitarport again on windows 10 home ver 1803 , again after a long break.
It works !!. Also the player, if you use your own tracks.Choose CDs or Harddisc . (The L6 collection server cant be reached.)
After trying out so many alternatives, I found gearbox just works like a charm soundwise.
Dialing amps and effects and microphone settings etc on the gearbox program in itself, its just fantastic !
I wonder how the "classic collectors" and "power pack" bundle amps compares to the Helix , but in my ears Im all happy . I have every amps I could dream of and they sound recognisable.

I think they made up the perfect program at that time , so they had to figure out how make up new customers  and products (lol)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/22/2020 at 9:29 AM, tonedriver said:

trying to run gearbox in win 7.....will there be issues....have no sound as of now ??

It's been a realy long time since I ran Gearbox in Win 7, but I don't see why there will be any issues.  The latest Gearbox version (3.72) - from way back in 2010) does include Win 7 drivers.