Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Want to buy Amplifi 75 & FBV Shortboard MKII, Have Questions

Vitaefinis

Hi Everyone,

I'm seriously considering to buy the Amplifi 75 and also the FBV Shortboard MKII.

I've been reading the threads here and I must say I don't feel confident enough to buy them because I don't have a service center or anything nearby I can return them to. Once I buy them, they are with me for life.

As I read, after the 2.x firmware update, Android can control the Amplifi as well. Could you tell me anything about this? Are there connectivity issues or anything else? 

How has been your experience so far?

I have an Android phone (Xiaomi MI3), I'm hoping this will work with it but ideally I'd like to use my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with an Android emulator running on it to emulate a tablet. Or is there another way to control it from Windows (10)? 

Are there any major differences between the phone and tablet version of the app?

Despite all the problems people are experiencing, are they worth to buy?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Hope this will be timely..

I bought a 75 and FBV express about a year ago.

Upgraded to an Amplifi150.. 75 didn't have the balls to keep up with 30w tube amp.

Now I'm happy !

FBV MkII Express....

Still trying to get it to switch between banks 2-25 with the pedal and Amplifi 150. Docs are suffering and having trouble, Post say it works, but no joy for me.

Have decided to dedicate the time going through the site and posts to see how to do it.

Cheers,

MK357

Hi,

Hope this will be timely..

I bought a 75 and FBV express about a year ago.

Upgraded to an Amplifi150.. 75 didn't have the balls to keep up with 30w tube amp.

Now I'm happy !

FBV MkII Express....

Still trying to get it to switch between banks 2-25 with the pedal and Amplifi 150. Docs are suffering and having trouble, Post say it works, but no joy for me.

Have decided to dedicate the time going through the site and posts to see how to do it.

Cheers,

MK357

You can't switch banks with the FBV Express.  You need the FBV Shortboard to switch banks.

Thanks,

Just found that out.. Online with SweetWater for a FBV Shortboard MkII. They say it will do the bank switching..

Know anyone that wants FBV Express MKII ?

I gig with the Amplifi150, But, always have my Fender Pro-Reverb and Pod x3 live in the trailer "Just In Case"

Cheers,

Matt