Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How much DSP power does Helix have?

josephyballew

I am wanting to know how much memory you have?

If you are loading  3rd party IRs and two amps, how much DSP would you have left for effects?

I am hoping you can load two  3rd party IR's, two amps, Reverb, Delay 1, Delay 2 Chorus, Phase, Flange, Leslie, univibe, drive pedal, and tremolo. This way you can turn on or off effects as you need them per preset.

It would seem to me that if you have 4 stereo lines and only using one of them that you should be able to do this.

I do not understand why you can't use a fast Pentium Processor that is quad core.

It seems like we are fine tuning modelling but just need 3 times the Processor and Memory to be able to load any configuration you want. It would be nice to set up four amps, 20 ms apart. That would be thick and sound like reamping live.

I have a Helix on order and just wanting to know just how much I can load without an error message.

Just give me some kind of idea. I saw that Tiger Sharc supports adding memory. Can you do this with Helix?

We all want more power.

Thanks

I think it depends on routing and how much you run in stereo. That will take a bit of horse power so I would suggest keeping whatever you can mono. I have a complex a/b amp setup with a lot in it and I ran out. It didn't have as many modulation effects as you did, but with some better routing (I can change a few things to mono and by reroute eliminate a block or two) I could get those in. Though I am not certain, I would suspect stereo modulation effects to be a big resource hog.

As for error messages, you should not get them. You will just not be able to add items to blocks. Anything that would push you over Will be grayed out.