Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix adds harmony guitar when changing volume

JonnyPM

I go to edit the Rhythm Sandman patch and when I change the volume of the second amp it changes the pitch of the guitar up? There's no indication of any tuning change within the Guitar input screens and it then keeps that tuning for any other patch I switch to. Upon reboot the guitar is tuned correctly but I can't edit the patch without the tuning issue happening again.  I was hoping this was just going to happen on that patch, but when I create a new one from scratch with a two-amp set up it does the same thing.

Any fix?

It's about to get returned. These things that are happening should have been figured before shipping.

I go to edit the Rhythm Sandman patch and when I change the volume of the second amp it changes the pitch of the guitar up? There's no indication of any tuning change within the Guitar input screens and it then keeps that tuning for any other patch I switch to. Upon reboot the guitar is tuned correctly but I can't edit the patch without the tuning issue happening again.  I was hoping this was just going to happen on that patch, but when I create a new one from scratch with a two-amp set up it does the same thing.

Any fix?

It's about to get returned. These things that are happening should have been figured before shipping.

Please contact our CS department. They should be able to get you situated.

Any fix?

Also, it will sound silly, but Have you checked whether there is a whammy or the delay pitch shifter model enabled on the patch? somethimes, when editing a patch to customize, it is easy to rotate the joystick while moving around and, as a result, one of the blocks might have changed to one of the pitch shifters. This would explain why you are having a pitch shifting effect when moving the volume pedal, as this is the standard behavior of the whammy, if I recall correctly.  (I don't remember the name of the whammy effect off the top of my head and I am far away from my "precious" right now to check).

Also, it will sound silly, but Have you checked whether there is a whammy or the delay pitch shifter model enabled on the patch? somethimes, when editing a patch to customize, it is easy to rotate the joystick while moving around and, as a result, one of the blocks might have changed to one of the pitch shifters. This would explain why you are having a pitch shifting effect when moving the volume pedal, as this is the standard behavior of the whammy, if I recall correctly.  (I don't remember the name of the whammy effect off the top of my head and I am far away from my "precious" right now to check).

Good point. I did that exact thing and for a a minute or two I was totally confused.

Good point. I did that exact thing and for a a minute or two I was totally confused.

I got to my copy of the manual, I think the effects that can change the pitch of your guitar (even if it is a regular guitar and not a Variax) are the "Harmony Delay", "Pitch Wham" (the Digitech Whammy) and "Twin Harmony"