joetink

Cannot connect to computer - Error 9302 and 9300

My Helix is not recognized by my computer most of the time.  I've installed the driver, and after doing a factory reset, turning it on and off, I can eventually get Line 6 Updated to see the Helix.  However, when I try to install updates I'm getting errors (I have a help desk ticket in, too...but my experience with that has not been great in the past).  So, now I have no presets and can't install the updates to the firmware, and can't connect at all to the Helix edit app.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

So, it stopped in the middle of updating and now I just get a black screen that says "boot failure. Entered update mode!". It won't even allow me to factory reset. Thinking this may be going back to the factory...

Need more data 

* What Type Operating system, and version ?

* What Make  / Model Computer?

* What type USB Port ?

I had similar issues with Windows 7. Same error messages. I was lucky enough to have an iMac also which had no issues doing the update or connecting to the app. Do you have a friend with a Mac so you can at least update the firmware until the bugs are fixed?

I had just the opposit problem. It failed under opdating with my Mac. Worked great with my laptop (Windows)??

Solved!  I was using the front USB jacks on my computer.  You need to use the ports on the back.  Apparently, the front jacks are similar to using a hub.  A Line 6 employee was good enough to educate me on thegearpage.net last night.  

Same issue here on both Mac and PC...been able to update to 1.04.3 (can see it in the loading screen) but goes directly to "Boot failure. Entered Update Mode!" message....HELP!!