Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot connect to computer - Error 9302 and 9300

joetink

My Helix is not recognized by my computer most of the time.  I've installed the driver, and after doing a factory reset, turning it on and off, I can eventually get Line 6 Updated to see the Helix.  However, when I try to install updates I'm getting errors (I have a help desk ticket in, too...but my experience with that has not been great in the past).  So, now I have no presets and can't install the updates to the firmware, and can't connect at all to the Helix edit app.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

I had similar issues with Windows 7. Same error messages. I was lucky enough to have an iMac also which had no issues doing the update or connecting to the app. Do you have a friend with a Mac so you can at least update the firmware until the bugs are fixed?

Solved!  I was using the front USB jacks on my computer.  You need to use the ports on the back.  Apparently, the front jacks are similar to using a hub.  A Line 6 employee was good enough to educate me on thegearpage.net last night.  

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Same is happened to me on the 2.92 update. 

I'm trying both a Mac and PC to do this, all the USB jacks on both of these laptops... nothing. 

I also watched a YouTube video of someone explaining that the USB cord needs to be an older one? I've tried 5 different cords and all the same. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am now at a standstill. 

10 hours ago, OMGbass said:

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am now at a standstill. 

Copy and paste from another thread:

Hi,

Please check that you really are using the latest version of HX Edit. The reason I mention that is because you are using a Mac, it could be an old “alias” of HX Edit is accidentally loading and screwing up the connection. Quite a few other users have been caught out with this previously and it’s really annoying when you don’t realise what has happened.

Other than that - don’t use a hub for the USB connection, in fact it maybe better if Helix is the only thing on the USB until you establish a link with HX Edit. Once you know it works, then you can hook up your other stuff.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Also, when trying to establish a connection try and ensure that absolutely nothing else is running in the background that may interfere. Quite simply - shut down everything else, iTunes, Little Snich etc. On a PC use one of the USB ports on the rear of the machine.

Oops! Resurrected a 5 year old thread - beware the zombies!

This is the official Line 6 info re: USB connection issues.

Edited by datacommando

• 1 year later...