Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is This Possible with Helix??

GlennDeLaune

I use this for the song Stranglehold. I need to be able to assign a simple delay to the expression pedal. I need it to control the feedback AND the Delay Mix. So, when the expression pedal is in heel position the feedback is Zero and the Mix is Zero. Then when I bring the pedal up to toe position it brings up the feedback AND the Delay Mix at the same time. How would I do this?? For the life of me I can't figure that out.

1. Select the simple delay

2. Hold down the Feedback encoder for a second

3. Set the controller to the desired expression pedal

4. Set the min and max values

5. Change the parameter to Mix

6. Set the controller to the desired expression pedal

7. Set the min and max values

8. Press the home button

• Upvote 4

Quick Controller Assign can be even faster:

1. Press and hold the knob under the parameter you wish to assign a controller.
  2. Press Knob 6 (Learn Controller) and move/use the desired controller (press a footswitch, move an expression pedal, turn a Variax knob, send a MIDI CC from an external box or computer DAW, etc.). If desired, turn Knob 4 (Min Value) and Knob 5 (Max Value) to set the controller's range—even in reverse
  3. Press HOME to exit.

Repeat steps 1-3 for as many assignments as you want (up to 8 per footswitch or 64 per preset). Page 36 in the Helix Owner's Manual has some tips and tricks.