Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware 1.02.2 update failed

ge31

Hi all,

I have received my Helix this morning, tried all preset and then decided to update the firmware from 1.01.2 to 1.02.2.

During the update I've got a "Update failed" message. No other choice than switching off/on the Helix, the screen is blocked and display the version firmware 1.02.2 and nothing else. I tried to reinstall the firmware but my windows 7 did not see the unit anymore.

On the top left corner of the screen I've got the error code ":0" in red, I contact the Line6 support in california and they confirm me that this error code mean that the unit must be sent back to Line6 for a factory reset :-( ...

Fortunately my reseller agree to make an exchange.

Line6 told me that they've got few units with this problem, apparently it is a hardware problem with a chipset.

So, if that's happen to you and you get ":0" on the top left corner of the screen you can sent it back to you reseller.

Hope it doesn't happen to you all :-)

This exact thing happened to me. It wouldn't update and when I turned it on, it said'boot failure' and had the :0 in the corner. The issue was that I was plugging into USB ports on the front of my computer. I uninstalled the driver, restarted, reinstalled it, rebooted Helix, and plugged into a back USB port and all was well.

i've reflashed many times with the :0 code in the corner... being part of the beta....

it does not mean it 100% needs replacement... i can assure you of that....

many things you can try before return/exchange....

other computers... (mac el cap is the worst for this!)

other ports, restarting computer etc....

and by all means contact line6 support...

Hi all,

I have received my Helix this morning, tried all preset and then decided to update the firmware from 1.01.2 to 1.02.2.

During the update I've got a "Update failed" message. No other choice than switching off/on the Helix, the screen is blocked and display the version firmware 1.02.2 and nothing else. I tried to reinstall the firmware but my windows 7 did not see the unit anymore.

On the top left corner of the screen I've got the error code ":0" in red, I contact the Line6 support in california and they confirm me that this error code mean that the unit must be sent back to Line6 for a factory reset :-( ...

Line6 told me that they've got few units with this problem, apparently it is a hardware problem with a chipset.

So, if that's happen to you and you get ":0" on the top left corner of the screen you can sent it back to you reseller.

I've tried with 2 other computer and still the same thing.

Anyway, that's absolutely not normal to try to use with other computer, restart the computer many times, IT SHOULD work right at the first time !

It's not to the customer to find a solution on this kind of problem. The unit cost 1500$ it tooks me some month to get the money.

I'm a bit disappointed of Line6 but I remain a customer of Line6. I have a JTV59, L2T, POD PRO, POD PRO BASS, POD HD500 and Relay G30, I never get such problem with those material.

My seller has sent me another unit to exchange, hope it will be Ok this time ...

i never said it was up to you... and that it shouldn't just work...

i just said that most would rather try those few easy things i suggested... because they could be alot easier than calling etc...

not every issue is the same and maybe yours was different enough....

but no harm in trying a few things....

Hi all,

I had this issue and all I did was reinstall the firmware from a Windows 8 computer (my main pc is Windows 10) and it has been fine ever since.

I think my problem is really a hardware defect because even on 2 other different computer under W7, the Helix was not recognised by the system.

Thank you all for your feedback.

I will give a new feedback next week when I will receive the helix unit exchange.

Had the same now with updateing 1.0.3 on my mac. Tried the same from my windows 8.1 box same failure.

AFTER installing the windows driver Line6Driver2Helixv1.76.0.1Installer on the windows 8.1 box and rebooted the Helix the install of 1.03. worked - but the Helix is still showing a BOOT failure.

Had the same now with updateing 1.0.3 on my mac. Tried the same from my windows 8.1 box same failure.

AFTER installing the windows driver Line6Driver2Helixv1.76.0.1Installer on the windows 8.1 box and rebooted the Helix the install of 1.03. worked - but the Helix is still showing a BOOT failure.

I had to install the firmware twice when I got the red face of death.

Thanks for reply - it helped - after multiple tries, dont ask how many, it worked with the update and the follow on boot!

And only from the windows box, looks like the whole isnt what I call reliable. Maybe you can post your experience with the next update? I'll do so, hopefully better...

Ciao, Bernd

• 9 months later...

For anyone having boot issues for 2.0.1

I Tried to install 2.0.1 on My Helix. when the Helix was to Reboot I got the following; Helix Boot Failure, Entered Update Mode! Its stuck on this mode.

I restarted the Helix holding F6 & F12

This put it in manual update mode.

I connected to my laptop and then installed the previous software 2.0.0 and it worked.

I still need to retry 2.0.1 but at least I'm back in action for a session tomorrow!