Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Controlling Stagesource speaker modes via Helix

chillycan

Does anyone know if/how you can control Stagesource speaker modes via Helix?

I have an L2T that I want to use lying horizontally in Ref/PA mode, but each time I power it on it detects that it is horizontal and switches into Floor Monitor mode.

Is there a way of building commands into the Helix patches that tell the Stagesource which speaker mode to use?

Yes please. This should be added. I had a great rehearsal last night (my first with the Helix) and was dialing stuff in only to remember after the fact that I had not changed it to PA mode.  It's important to me to use the L2t in PA mode so that I'm hearing (as close as possible) what the FOH is getting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Can anyone from Line 6 comment on this ?  I just go the L2t, and I'm using it with the Firehawk and have the same issue.  I know the Firehawk doesn't have the L6 Link connection, but was considering getting the Helix.  Would be nice to know if there is a way for the Helix to control the speaker mode setting, it is a real hassle having to reach around the back and change the mode to PA/Reference every time you turn it on.

Or maybe there is a way to set the speaker so it doesn't automatically switch modes ? That way it stays in PA/Reference unless you switch it manually.

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody! I'm new at this forum. Javi from Spain (sorry about my english 😅)

Firstly, I find that if you go with a mono setup (using just one l2t) you really don't need to use the L6 link connection... So if you use the XLR output or the 1/4 unbalanced output you will change manually the speaker mode setting.

Anyway, if you want to use for some reason the L6 link, I think that you just have to re-save your patch with the speaker mode you want.

Finally, the most important thing about this that I want to tell you is that you can trust in the floor monitor mode as a good reference of what you are sending to FOH.

When the Lt2 is on the floor, the sound of your patch gets some lower frecuencies that are garbage in your sound. The floor monitor mode simply cuts these lower frecuencies giving you a good representarion of what you are sending.

In fact, if you use the PA/ reference mode with the lt2 on the floor, you will not have a true reference of what you are sending to the PA of the Venue because what you will be sending won't have these lower frecuencies.

Yes please. This should be added. I had a great rehearsal last night (my first with the Helix) and was dialing stuff in only to remember after the fact that I had not changed it to PA mode.  It's important to me to use the L2t in PA mode so that I'm hearing (as close as possible) what the FOH is getting.

I'm not sure you're actually going to get what the FOH is getting if you're in PA mode and the speaker is positioned on the floor as a monitor.  What you will get is a bassier version of what the FOH is getting due to bass buildup the occurs when it's in this position.  In monitor more this is compensated for.