Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Backing Tracks Played Through Effects Loop Drop Out

gkinder

Am running backing tracks through the return on loop 1 and 2 (stereo)...Works and sounds great...problem is that the 1/2 loop cuts out for a couple of seconds every so often.  No real pattern but it normally is a couple of minutes between drops.....any ideas what may be causing this?  FWIW, the effect is at the very end of the chain with an amp/cab, verb, compressor, and distortion in front...wouldn't think this is a processing resources issue as not really running much here....

Any thoughts?

One of the cool things about the Helix is that it has multiple CPU's if I'm not mistaken. I wonder if putting the backing track on it's own separate path instead of at the tail end of your guitar path would solve the problem. This could potentially offload some of the processing on to another CPU?

Are you on El Capitan? This is something that's affecting a ton of people. Unfortunately, 10.11.1 has the same problem. We're ANXIOUSLY awaiting 10.11.2.

iOS 9 has a bunch of audio gremlins too. To me it implies Apple is aggressively attempting to merge their desktop and mobile platforms.

Using my Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10.  Just playing the tracks with the Windows player... nothing fancy.

Tommy I'll give your suggestion a try, though I wouldn't think each uses one processor each.... should be a shared architecture... but who knows