Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd300 Not Recognized, Installs As Unknown Device

tomfrost

greets.

Im rudi from Indonesia. pardon my english.

im having this problem too after upgraded the firmware, my pod just go silent and undetect from my PC. man its suck!!

the mp3 jack still working but theres no out put from the guitar in.

do i have to install the driver before doing midi dump ?

thank you for your reply, sir.

after upgrading the firmware to 2.01 theres no output through my guitar and my pod is unrecognized for the PC

but the mp3 output is working fine though. why the mp3 is o.k but theres no output from my guitar?

the LED, display, button is fine. but my pod is just go silent.

i have installed the driver but the status is unknown.

i try to update software from device manager, direct it to the driver folder, still unable to install so i can not do anything with the pod.

if the driver is recognize, i will be able to downgrade the firmware. i think theres a bug from the upgrade.

help me mate, please.

thank you for your reply, sir.

after upgrading the firmware to 2.01 theres no output through my guitar and my pod is unrecognized for the PC

but the mp3 output is working fine though. why the mp3 is o.k but theres no output from my guitar?

the LED, display, button is fine. but my pod is just go silent.

i have installed the driver but the status is unknown.

i try to update software from device manager, direct it to the driver folder, still unable to install so i can not do anything with the pod.

if the driver is recognize, i will be able to downgrade the firmware. i think theres a bug from the upgrade.

help me mate, please.

Ok, when you say that there "isn't any output from the guitar" do you mean that it just isn't playing out through the computer, or there is no guitar output through the XLR, phono, or headphone jacks? 

If it's JUST not playing out through the computer, then I would try the following: 1)try a different, known-good usb cable; 2)depending on the version of Windows that you are running there are steps for uninstalling and reinstalling all usb ports through device manager, rebooting and letting Windows reinstall them, THEN reinstalling POD; 3)and of course restoring the POD to factory defaults.

If you aren't hearing the guitar out of ANY of the outputs, AND you've tried more than one guitar/or you've tried one guitar that plays through other amps, but not the POD, AND you've tried different patch cables, AND you have scrolled the the POD's onboard menu and made sure that you selected the correct output, there are two possibilities that come to mind:

1)Your upgrade to the firmware was unsuccessful, try to restore to factory defaults; 2) You bricked the ADAC and/or amplifier circuitry, which would account for anything plugged into the mp3 jack to be heard, but not the guitar input.

Hi, I have a problem and I don't know how to manage it. I have a Pod HD300 and I'm trying to connect it to a mac (el capitan). I downloaded the latest version of Monkey and the latest Pod Edit, but I don't know how to make the drivers work. The download process seems to going great but, after the computer Reboot, Monkey keeps on saying that the drivers aren't installed. The pod hd 300 still not connected. I tried the midi dump process but it doesn't worked :(

thank you very much

The Line 6 usb drivers are NOT compatible with Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan.

Is there a way to make it work?

However I had Yosemite and i had the same problem, i switch to el capitan to see if something would change, maybe I made another mistake...

thank you

thank you for the reply.

theres no output from guitar to XLR, phono, or the headphone jack and it unrecognized by the PC.

i tried to restore to factory defaults, try another USB cable, but still theres no output.

is there a way to make it recognized for the PC ? so i can downgrade it.

sonoio666,

The Line 6 usb drivers are NOT compatible with Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan.

Your options are either: go back to previous version of os all-together; or place the older version of the os and el capitan on seperate partitions.

Thank you but the 7.5.7 drivers description says: "this is a Free update to our audio/midi driver for Mac wich brings compatibility (...) when used in conjunction with mac os x el capitan".

So i think this isn't the problem (I had the same problem with yosemite, before the upgrade).

thank you for the reply.

theres no output from guitar to XLR, phono, or the headphone jack and it unrecognized by the PC.

i tried to restore to factory defaults, try another USB cable, but still theres no output.

is there a way to make it recognized for the PC ? so i can downgrade it.

rurdirudirudi,

I hate to say this, but it really does sound like the unit is "bricked"(dead).  You say that you get audio out from plugging into the mp3 jack, but are not getting ANY guitar out of ANY of the outputs; and it will not connect to the computer. That leads me to believe that the main board is dead. The mp3 input goes, basically, through a power amp circuit( I think) straight to output. There is no separate channel amplification, or other circuitry involved. Whereas, the guitar goes from input -> analog-to-digital converter -> preamp -> power amp -> digital-to-analog converter. That is where I believe your issue to be.

Good Luck,

S

Thank you but the 7.5.7 drivers description says: "this is a Free update to our audio/midi driver for Mac wich brings compatibility (...) when used in conjunction with mac os x el capitan".

So i think this isn't the problem (I had the same problem with yosemite, before the upgrade).

Have you ever had the POD HD300 connected and working with a Mac, at any point; or have you always had this issue?

when im plugin my guitar and try to tune it through POD, theres no input from my guitar what so ever. and it makes me more frustrated. :(

if the main board is dead, i just wonder why the LED, display, and button is working fine ?

yes, the only problem are no guitar input / output and unknown by the PC.

and sorry for to much asking, mate.

i just wonder how much it cost to repair the mainboard? or is it just as expensive as buying a new POD HD ? :(

Have you ever had the POD HD300 connected and working with a Mac, at any point; or have you always had this issue?

thank you for the reply mus1prod.

No, I always had this issue. I tried with 2 two different Mac with Yosemite, El Capitan and Mountain Lions; I tried also with a PC with Windows 7, and it said "device unknow" when I connected the pod after the drivers installation.

Beside this issue, the Pod has no problems. 

when im plugin my guitar and try to tune it through POD, theres no input from my guitar what so ever. and it makes me more frustrated. :(

if the main board is dead, i just wonder why the LED, display, and button is working fine ?

yes, the only problem are no guitar input / output and unknown by the PC.

and sorry for to much asking, mate.

i just wonder how much it cost to repair the mainboard? or is it just as expensive as buying a new POD HD ? :(

It's possible that just the input jack is damaged, unsoldered from the board, something. As for why the display and buttons would light up, I wrote that in my last response.

I wish that I could help you more, but at this point, without having the POD in front of me, my troubleshooting skills are at an end. However, what I can suggest, is that you look in the forums for someone who has had the same problem as yours. This thread was about not being able to get FUNCTIONING POD HD300 to properly install on WINDOWS machines, not about PODS with no guitar output.  I would also suggest asking those, with the SAME issue as you, where they purchased their PODs from. I have noticed an unusual amount of people with damaged PODs that were purchased in Asia & Australia.

Good Luck.

• 2 months later...

Hello!! I have the same problem, it may be a hardware problem pod, trying different solutions but I realized that my antivirus closing recognized the pod USB port and installing the driver. my antivirus is malwarebytes anti-malware. Now the monkey pod x3 live recognizes him.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

In my case I enabled  Administrator Account.

1. Select “Start” and type “CMD“.
  2. Right-click “Command Prompt” then choose “Run as administrator“.
  3. If prompted, enter a username and password that grants admin rights to the computer.
  4. Type: net user administrator /active:yes
  5. Press “Enter“.

• 1 year later...

buon pomeriggio, 

ho un problema con il mio HD300 non viene riconosciuto dal PC (DELL con WIN10). Ho installato i driver "Line 6 Drivers v4.2.7.7 Installer" il sistema dice di averli installati, ma il software Line 6 Monkey ver. 1.77 mi dice che non sono installati, inoltre se connetto la HD 300 la rileva come dispositivo sconosciuto.

Ho anche provato manualmente ad aggiornare i drivers con il percorso manuale, ma senza risultati il messaggio che compare è  il seguente "Non è possibile trovare driver per il tuo dispositivo".

Per favore potete aiutarmi voi del supporto tecnico. Grazie