Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV 59 Variax Bridge Repair

Hello all....

I know this might not relate directly to Line 6 Products, but I wanted to make this information available to those who may experience the same issues I did with bridge failure on the JTV59.

I understand this is a common problem with certain runs of the JTV series - one of the piezo pickups goes bad or becomes intermittent in operation.  While the repair is rather simple, the parts can be tricky to find.  My JTV59 recently went on the fritz and I elected to purchase a replacement bridge PCB at the behest of my repair guy.  I could not locate one specific to the JTV59, only the one for the 89.  When I studied the photos compared to the one in the guitar, they appeared identical, and were later proved to be so. 

With that in mind, let it be known that the bridge board for the JTV89 WILL WORK as a direct replacement for the bridge PCB in the JTV59.  The only issue you may have is that the cable attached to the board is shorter on the JTV89 than on the JTV59.  Your qualified repair tech should be able to splice this connector into the existing one.  

I searched the internet over many times and couldn't find any info on this.  So I decided to fix that. :)

• Upvote 1