Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EU: Dynacord AXM12a as alternative for Atomic CLR and Friedman ASM12

JazzInc

In Europe it's hard to find, let alone audition the popular Atomic CLR and Friedman AXM12 active wedges for high end modellers like the Axe-Fx II, the Kemper and the Line 6 Helix.

I've read some very good reviews of the Dynacord AXM 12a and I read it compares favourably to the CLR. It offers more features for the same price though: Neo magnets as standard, DSP options, as well as RCA inputs for playing along to my iPod, low weight and small footprint.

Can anyone comment on them?

Actually, I'm in the Netherlands, but only an hours drive from there, and yes, I saw that, but thomann says they're not available until December, so I'm not holding my breath. If they do come available, I will be able to test the Dynacord and Friedman side-by-side at Muzik Produktiv

Still, the Dynacord might be better than the Friedman and closer to the atomic in specifications and sound from what I hear plus it has better specs, so I would actually prefer the Dynacord of the three if they are as good as I am reading

This Dynacord AXM 12a seems to be missing the high frequency horn that is present in most FRFR powered speakers, including the Atomic CLR and the Friedman ASM-12. It might not sound good with the Helix cab models.

This Dynacord AXM 12a seems to be missing the high frequency horn that is present in most FRFR powered speakers, including the Atomic CLR and the Friedman ASM-12. It might not sound good with the Helix cab models.

from the specifications listed on the Dynacord website, it lists the speaker as ... "DCX 12300, 12-inch/1.75-inch 2-way coaxial transducer with lightweight neodymium compression driver" with a 1.6k crossover frequency.

It doesn't have a horn, but it does have a coaxial high frequency driver.  This would be similar to the XiTone cabs.

OK, that makes more sense.

In these photos, the front of the speaker does not seem to have a high frequency driver, but the rear of the speaker magnet has the high frequency driver mounted coaxially, sounding through a hole in the centre of the larger magnet. Very clever, and should sound very good.

http://www.audiopro.cz/dynacord/novinky/test-aktivnich-monitoru-dynacord-axm-12a.html