Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Danny Gatton

titchyblackcat

I like the sound of Danny Gatton and Roy Buchanan. Looking at some of the photos on the internet they seem to use a Vibrolux amongst other amps. As i have a Pod HD bean, which would be the best amp to choose from the menu ?

On the Pod gallery it says Roy Buchanan used a Blackface double so i'm a bit confused as to which would be the best Pod amp to choose as sometimes they are not what you'd think.

Apologies for the extra r.

Thanks for the input guys i think my week end will be taken up mostly trying to get that sound.

Not sure about the towel and beer though.

Don't apologise Titchy - the pleasure's all ours...

Thanks to all here, for contributing to my favourite post here for a long time - this beats hanging around the Helix forum by a long shot! It's all doom n gloom over there, while things either float to the surface, or sink to the bottom of the barrel.

Titchy - it's all about the beer bottle and the towel. Never forget this important lesson!

Amen. (Hic)

I have a 1974 Tele' and haven't done anything to it. I'm not sure which type of pot's etc Fender fitted then

I notice watching these guys on Youtube that they really are soft in their attack on the strings.

Another example is Jeff beck who seems to have his amp that high in volume he virtually just touches the strings when plucking.

Maybe i'll raid the laundry for a special towel !

Just out of curiosity.... 

Was he playing with a towel to be cool, or was it simply because he spilled beer all over his guitar and wanted to wipe it up. 

Remember, water is a conductor of electricity and back then there were serious risk of death by shock.