Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500x Usb Connection Issue

djspleen

On 1/7/2019 at 4:27 PM, psarkissian said:

Unknown Flash, or no ESN,...

… that kind of problem requires a Line 6 authorized service tech, 

it's not a user solvable problem. Contact Line 6 Customer support. 

I have this same issue after attempting a update!

I'm using a Mac and the HD500x is not recognised by any of the Mac's I've previously used it with.

Will a system reset help?

31 minutes ago, CoupeChris said:

Will a system reset help?

did you even read the post that you quoted?

On 1/7/2019 at 11:27 AM, psarkissian said:

… that kind of problem requires a Line 6 authorized service tech, 

it's not a user solvable problem. Contact Line 6 Customer support. 

Yes I did strangely enough - but with nothing working now after an 'upgrade' instigated by Monkey - well lets call it desperation!

And who said that post I quoted was entirely correct? I've been here before with gear where people post incorrect info s they don't have the full picture.

I'm sure you've seen that before yourself!

Thanks for your input!

Interestingly enough I have discovered one fix for this now which doesn't involve Customer Support after all.

I was using a generic MIDI driver to use a keyboard with MainStage - this was then running through my HD500X.

I temporarily removed that MIDI driver then tried rebooting both the Mac and the HD500X. This time my laptop recognised the HD500X so obviously the update to the MIDI driver was being blocked by the existing plugin. Previously I had installed the Line6 driver first and then the generic MIDI plugin second.

So the HD500X now reports USB: FW 1.04 (instead of 0.00) Monkey also now reports all items are up to date - clearly it needs to successfully communicate with the pedal to be able to report the full status. So that's all fixed.

So in conclusion the advice I quoted was in correct after all - but a reset would obviously not have fixed the problem as it was a rogue MIDI plugin causing the problem - even though a later installation than the Line6 plugin means they both work fine. I suspect a corrupted pref file in that instance don't you agree?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Had one of pod hd 500 (i bought him somewhere in 14' or 15' so i can't back it to the store :D ), few weeks ago i accidently put the power jack in usb port (wich was already broken and i didn't know that) and then it start to reeboting with line6 logo again and again like in all other cases and if i click any of arrow buttons it says "reflash memory". I try to connect it to pc and ofc it failed cause usb port didn't have central connector cube (didn't know how this sht calls, but 4 contacts on they places). So i managed to change usb port by other electronics master, he change it, but he say that now pc know that unit plugged, but didn't recognize him. Monkey says "unknow device 018 error" and can't reflash. Also all diagnostics says that all ok same as flash. What can we do with this? Help please 
sorry about my horrible english btw 

On 9/4/2022 at 10:11 PM, Bal_on3 said:

Had one of pod hd 500 (i bought him somewhere in 14' or 15' so i can't back it to the store :D ), few weeks ago i accidently put the power jack in usb port (wich was already broken and i didn't know that) and then it start to reeboting with line6 logo again and again like in all other cases and if i click any of arrow buttons it says "reflash memory". I try to connect it to pc and ofc it failed cause usb port didn't have central connector cube (didn't know how this sht calls, but 4 contacts on they places). So i managed to change usb port by other electronics master, he change it, but he say that now pc know that unit plugged, but didn't recognize him. Monkey says "unknow device 018 error" and can't reflash. Also all diagnostics says that all ok same as flash. What can we do with this? Help please 
sorry about my horrible english btw 

The USB controller is probably also damaged..

If so, the spare chip you need is called CY7C68013A-56PVXC, you can see it in the pic below here:

20180321_071629.jpg

the chip costs about 10 euro/dollars..

you can easily find it through online electronics stores in your country..

but let a pro-technician do the replacement work

Good luck!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips