Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

In-depth guide of the FX-parameters?

sigitar

For some of the Line 6 original effects, you can sort of find out what some parameters do through experimentation. At least what they do sonically but not necessarily technically.

For other models, take a look at the manual to find out what an effect is modeled from, and then search the internet for that effect for an explanation of the parameters.

It would be helpful for Line 6 to provide a nicely laid out document for this though.

Most effects don't have a mix parameter, for example, and based on some things in the "Bug" pinned post, it doesn't always react the way you would expect. A least create something that tells me what the extra parameters are and where they need to be to be "normal".

Perhaps this is an opportunity for a Crowd Sourced Answer.  I doubt the original models (those which were used to create the FX, Amp, and Cab models) are going to be too thrilled with Line 6 copying or linking their manuals.  So, for instance, IF the Helix had an MXR Distortion + model, one would post a link to a pinned topic:

http://www.jimdunlop.com/files/manuals/M104_man_WEB.pdf

• 1 year later...

Where are the Trem effects ?  A lot of the effects in the M13 are missing - ?

There are three different tremolo effects - Optical Trem, Bias Trem and the one just called Tremolo, which is actually the deepest as far as parameters available for editing.

As for the OP . . . there is a LINE6 WiKia for the HELIX here:  www.Line6.WIKIA.com.  It is not "complete" but there is a lot of good info and it continues to get better as the community adds info.

There is another address which links the Amps, Effects, Cabs and Mics to the original manufacturer's User Manuals but I can't seem to recall that one.  I'll do a lttle research and EDIT HERE if I do locate it.

See MisicLaw's post below for the other LINKS.  Thanks MusicLaw!  Bo