Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bag for Helix

kensington

The spec on it says the internal length is only 21". The Helix is a tad over 22". Bummer too cuz that looks like a perfect bag for it. I wish the official Line 6 Helix bag would just hurry up and become available!

Yeah, it's tight, but it fits!

Proof above ;)

Yeah, it's tight, but it fits!

Proof above ;)

That's awesome! I think I may actually pick that up. I have my Helix (along with two EB VP Jr's for expression) mounted onto a flatboard and in nice flight case right now but it's too cumbersome. I'm thinking I'm just going to get a bag for just the Helix and keep the extra expressions somewhere else and just get them out if I actually need them. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I got myself a  Gator G-MultiFX-2441 bag: the Helix fits perfectly in it, and the front pocket accommodates the power cord and a few cables easily. I wish, though, that the front pocket was full width: I hate it when they are undersized. I have an expression pedal and extra stuff, and it all fits, but the resulting shape, with the bulging full front pocket, is awkward to load alongside other stuff. Apart from that, and especially if you don't overstuff the front pocket, the bag's pretty good.

• Upvote 1

I got myself a  Gator G-MultiFX-2441 bag: the Helix fits perfectly in it, and the front pocket accommodates the power cord and a few cables easily. I wish, though, that the front pocket was full width: I hate it when they are undersized. I have an expression pedal and extra stuff, and it all fits, but the resulting shape, with the bulging full front pocket, is awkward to load alongside other stuff. Apart from that, and especially if you don't overstuff the front pocket, the bag's pretty good.

Hm. Googled it, but couldn't find it.

Anyway, the backpack feature and the room for my mac is crucial :)

My fault, had the wrong model number.

Here it is, in case you're curious: http://www.gatorcases.com/p/16108-726/g-multifx-2411

But it won't accommodate your mac, unless you put it in the main comparment where it would probably fit, but would scratch agains the pedalboard!

I could fit a laptop in the side pouch of the Mono bag I picked up. After seeing others, I do not know how long I would trust the gator and other choices with the weight of the Helix alone after time. Mono is far superior in build. But it's not a backpack either. Maybe I am paranoid and the others would be fine. Of course the list is almost $170 on the mono bag (you can get discounts if you ask),

With it being a pretty snug fit does the Helix slide in easily or is it a situation where you have to take care to not knock the knobs around?

I could fit a laptop in the side pouch of the Mono bag I picked up. After seeing others, I do not know how long I would trust the gator and other choices with the weight of the Helix alone after time. Mono is far superior in build. But it's not a backpack either. Maybe I am paranoid and the others would be fine. Of course the list is almost $170 on the mono bag (you can get discounts if you ask),

I admit I am fairly cavalier in attitude and not really paranoid, but I did care about my pedals, and I do not see the weight of the helix as an issue for the bag. Clearly, though, I handle my own bags, would not trust a roadie or airport personnell w/o a flight case or a case....

I admit I am fairly cavalier in attitude and not really paranoid, but I did care about my pedals, and I do not see the weight of the helix as an issue for the bag. Clearly, though, I handle my own bags, would not trust a roadie or airport personnell w/o a flight case or a case....

It was not my intent to say anyone not caring. I was just stating my reasons. Just for a little background I traveled the World from 1983 until early 1990 basically as a roadie of sorts. This has probably caused my paranoia. I do not even like taking a guitar in a gig bag though mono makes amazing gig bags and my PRS gig bag for the Starla is nice. I bought a gator case for it. I know Gator makes decent stuff. I just want the reinforcement of the mono. I actually thought about a road case first. I hope the line 6 bag is nice for people. With my X3 I actually had a Boss bag because I thought it was sturdier with more padding than the line 6. See? Paranoid... Lol. But I saw a lot of broken gear on the road caused by poor protection.

No problem Ralph, i wasn't piqued or anything! Just saying that I didn't think weight was an issue, and I don't throw my stuff around too much, didn't mean to imply you were suggesting that... :) dying up for a gig as I speak, let's see how this thing does on the job!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My fault, had the wrong model number.

Here it is, in case you're curious: http://www.gatorcases.com/p/16108-726/g-multifx-2411

But it won't accommodate your mac, unless you put it in the main comparment where it would probably fit, but would scratch agains the pedalboard!

Does the Helix fit?  It's depth is listed at 11" and the Helix is closer to 12".

• 2 years later...
Hey,

For those who wonder how the Helix fits into the Novation 25 Bag, I just received it so I made a short video to demonstrate!
It's ok for local gigs since it's not very well padded, but for me, it will do the job for the price.
Hope it will help some of you!

Thanks!