Sign in to follow this  
Jaguar9080

Finally, the Bender Effect Works!

Thanks for the new firmware update.  It only took a year of waiting, but the Bender effect finally works with the pedal on the FBV Shortboard.

For those wondering how to set it up, do the following after selecting the effect (it's usually best to place it as the first effect in the chain):

1. Set the "Heel" to 0 (select a different value if you want the starting position to be higher/lower than the dry signal)
  2. Set the "Toe" to the octave/note you would like to bend up/down to
  3. Set  the "Mix" to 100%
  4. Assign the "Position" to the FX knob (press and hold on the word "position", then when the "Assign To Pedal" dialog appears, select "Yes"

The pedal will now bend when you press the pedal down.  You can reverse this by reversing the Heel and Toe values.

Does it control the effect in volume mode, or wah-wah mode?  I'm assuming wah-wah mode, but you know what they say about that....

I hope this translates to being able to use the pedal on the FX100 when they are done with that firmware.

Thanks for the new firmware update.  It only took a year of waiting, but the Bender effect finally works with the pedal on the FBV Shortboard.

For those wondering how to set it up, do the following after selecting the effect (it's usually best to place it as the first effect in the chain):

1. Set the "Heel" to 0 (select a different value if you want the starting position to be higher/lower than the dry signal)
  2. Set the "Toe" to the octave/note you would like to bend up/down to
  3. Set  the "Mix" to 100%
  4. Assign the "Position" to the FX knob (press and hold on the word "position", then when the "Assign To Pedal" dialog appears, select "Yes"

The pedal will now bend when you press the pedal down.  You can reverse this by reversing the Heel and Toe values.

THANK YOU for the detailed instructions! Maybe I wasn't searching properly, but it took me forever to find out how to do this. 

Definitely not a foolproof substitute for the Digitech Whammy, but certainly better than spending $200+ on another pedal!