Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Farm 2.02 / UX2 hangs on Windows 7 x64

Hi,

it just hangs randomly and becomes really annoying since I have to reboot the computer. Nothing else do it not even disconnecting and reconnecting USB cable. By doing this UX2 never comes up and keep flashing.

Anyone experienced this problem ? Any fix ?

Just to make things interesting, while the audio out of iTunes stops (even the iTunes song's cursor stops advancing), that is, no audio gets out of any windows app which seems to mean UX2 crashed, there is a case where I can have audio working properly when using Reaper (a DAW for recording/mixing) to output the sound to the UX2's ASIO driver.

This is very strange because all sounds getting through ASIO driver are OK (I can hear any mp3 track or instrument through Reaper) but those from iTunes (or any audio player) getting through Windows sound subsystem (before getting through the UX2 which is the default Windows sound output) don't work!

Any idea what's going on here ?

If only iTunes were more intelligent to let us choose the right audio device instead of using the Windows' default sound, I could turnaround this problem. In that case I'd choose my on-board sound card for iTunes and not UX2. But now, since I MUST use UX2's ASIO for Reaper I have to set the UX2 as the Windows default otherwise I could not hear other windows apps' sounds (iTune, etc.) I'd just hear sounds playing through Reaper

Thanks for your help