Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can the Helix do what I need?

drjs83

I used to play in a Classic Metal/Rock band and all I needed was my Marshall JVM410, the amp Footswitch, a delay, a reverb, a chorus and a noise gate.  I managed to create a rig that I was 100% happy with and didn’t change anything for 3 years.

I now play in an events band and need a much more versatile rig.  I purchased a TC Nova system and use it in front of the amp but I am not happy with the drive sounds.
I bought a G-System (2nd hand) as it would enable me to use my JVM for drive and the 4 cable method would allow me to put the appropriate effects in the loop and others in the front.  

Unfortunately the JVM does not like the G-System at all!  FX Loop issues which are well documented online have made setup virtually impossible!

Here is my question.

The G-System is perfect in theory because:

I can use the JVM for drive and switch between the 12 gain stages using MIDI from the G System.  
I can call up presets and then add/remove fx within each preset. (This is huge for me!)
I can use the 4CM for correct routing.

But I cannot get the G-System to work!

Can I use the Helix in the same way I would like to use the G-System?

Can I assign one row of buttons on the Helix to presets and another row to the FX within that preset?  Can one of the buttons be assigned to be a boost?  Sorry for my lack of knowledge.  I have done nothing but watch videos on the Helix, the Fractal FX8 etc.

Thank you for the video link.

I just purchased these. Awesome full sounding patches at a very fair price.

If you read this Mr. Delaune. Should you make a second set of patches. Could you then include a guitar transposed to bass patch like you did for the Boss Gt 10?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I bought it too. 

Probably won't use any of them, but I'm interested to see how he's set them up :-)

I suggest you like his FB-page, and ask him your request there. He'll read it for sure :)

https://www.facebook.com/Line-6-Helix-Custom-Patches-by-Glenn-DeLaune-1646380235574516/

I was thinking along the same lines until I tried them.  That 5150 preset is amazing as are the others.  I'll definitely be using them.

Btw, how does he make "bank up/down" swithces turn into stompmode? Mine doesn't do that when I enter stompmode.

In the Gobal settings under "Footswitches", Stomp Mode Switches

When set to "10 switches," FS1 (BANK ) and FS7 (BANK ) are re-purposed as additional Stomp switches. This is only for Stomp footswitch mode; while in Preset or Looper footswitch modes, BANK and BANK are retained.

Guys Thank you all so much for the kind words and show of support. Big shout out to Line6 for making an incredible product!!

• Upvote 1