Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Same FX loop in both Path 1 and Path 2?

archisc

I run into a problem where I can;t place the same FX loop in Path 1 and 2. I have a Digitech Drop and I want to use in both chain. I know I can split path 1 into 2 or 1a and 1b... but I hit DSP limit. Here is the simplified diagram.

Path 1:    FX loop 1 -----  Amp -----delay----- ------output

Path 2:    FX  loop 1-------Amp-----distortion-------output

You can do this without having to resort to a Y cable, especially in the setup you describe above. You'd put the FX loop in path 1 prior to splitting it into 1A and 1B. After the split, put your amp in 1A. Set the output to 1A to be 2A, and the output to 1B to 2B. You'd put the second amp in path 2B then. So you would still have each processor being used for one amp, and you could feel one FX loop into both

• 3 years later...

So I can't have a pedal in the FX loop affecting both paths?

I want a two amp set up with my HX effects that has an octave down in one path but the distortion on both...

Path 1:    In--------------------------------------------->FX  loop 2 (Distortion)----->Output (Amp 1)

Path 2:     In------>FX  loop 1 (Octaver)----->FX  loop 2 (Distortion)----->Output  (Amp 2)

If not I assume the best work around is have my octaver pre-HX. 

1 hour ago, andysimmons said:

So I can't have a pedal in the FX loop affecting both paths?

I want a two amp set up with my HX effects that has an octave down in one path but the distortion on both...

Path 1:    In--------------------------------------------->FX  loop 2 (Distortion)----->Output (Amp 1)

Path 2:     In------>FX  loop 1 (Octaver)----->FX  loop 2 (Distortion)----->Output  (Amp 2)

If not I assume the best work around is have my octaver pre-HX. 

You can split the path after the FX Loop block if that's what you want to do. That will will work fine. You'll be sending the same signal to both amps by doing that.

• Like 1