Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't save tones to Firehawk - says downloading presets

clintage3

So I love the Firehawk for the most part, but there are some quirks.  

This problem first reared it's ugly head right before I was playing on a sunday morning at church.  I made changes to my tone during rehearsal and went to save it to the Firehawk hardware and it gave me the following message:

"Please try again later.  Your presets are currently downloading from your Firehawk FX."  "OK"

Happening whether or not I use my iPhone or my iPad.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  I'm using it again right now, and it's doing the same thing.  I cannot save to the hardware.  This is pretty lame.  Updated to the latest firmware on the Firehawk, etc... 

I'm going to try a factor reset.  Anyone else have this problem?

I think the problem is with your Bluetooth connection. Try 'Forgetting' the Firehawk in your mobile Bluetooth settings, then re-establish the connection.

Also try temporarily disconnecting any other Bluetooth devices so that you only have the Firehawk connected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

As a work around you can save them manually

Click on the tone

Once loaded hold the patch footswitch down that is lit for approx 2 seconds

It starts to flash

Select the patch where you want to put the tone and hold that switch for 2 seconds

I think it's a problem due to the many iphone/ipad bluetooth or wifi connections. I have this problem especially when I play near a wifi doubler. As soon as I put off the wifi connection on my iphone, everything work perfectly. Try on your device

• 1 year later...