Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

USB port to iPad rather than mobile...

MarkSG777

Hi everybody,

Firstly, apologies if I've posted this in the wrong area.

I'm thinking of buying a used 25 key model from a guy whose daughter has broken the mobile port. Please excuse my ignorance, but is it possible to connect the unit to my iPad Air from the USB port or is it only possible from the dedicated mobile port?

Many thanks. Mark.

I doubt it but I'm not 100% sure. The USB port on the Mobile Keys would interface internally with hardware/firmware that expects a standard PC/Mac USB connection and driver on the other end. I don't think it will communicate with an iOS system. That's why there is a separate mobile port on hte MobileKeys.

I doubt it but I'm not 100% sure. The USB port on the Mobile Keys would interface internally with hardware/firmware that expects a standard PC/Mac USB connection and driver on the other end. I don't think it will communicate with an iOS system. That's why there is a separate mobile port on hte MobileKeys.

Ah, I see. Thanks very much for replying. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new one.

Thanks again.

I have no idea what that is, which is why I asked. I didn't realize it was a product name. 

However, I am going to agree with the above: 

It's not like on a pc where you can install all of the software and drivers. Stuff like this is pre programmed and isn't going to run on what it is not made to run on. 

• 2 years later...