Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT50 intergration with Helix,, HOW DO THEY SOUND AND FEEL TOGETHER ?

sosmusic

Greetings !!!! Still very little on how the Helix sounds with a DT50. I realize its not fully integrated presently. But hooked up with L6 Link does it sound and feel WAY better than it does with the HD500 ?? Come on,,, there is lots of us who are just dying to know !!!!! Everything so far is how it sounds through monitors. Come guys, you know not everyone is only run it direct. How does it sound through a DT50,,, and other amps ?

I realize that there is probably a new amp coming down the chute from Line 6 that will be meant to mate with it perfectly. Which would be great, and that excites the heck out of me too. But Line 6 has been pretty much silent on how well these 2 devices intergrate

Anyone ???

Cheers, Eddie :)

Hey Eddie, I first ran the Helix through the L2t FRFR but didn't care for the over all sound( to brittle from the extra High end) so I connected it to my DT25 with L6 link and set up a really clean fender type patch with the master vol wide open and with pretty flat EQ(12:00 on all the knob or to taste) and it sounds really really great! On any patch from super clean to super high gain and any thing in-between . Effects sound great! its real warm and punchy. Miles above the HD500, will never plug it in again, its that much better. SO the DT50 should Kill. I haven't found a way to change Amp topologies but Its not needed. and I very rarely use the Pre amp blocks. the Amp blocks seem the be louder and puncher, but its really easy to change them when your working on a patch to see which works best. You're going to be really stoked! Anyone need a used HD500 cheap?

Anyone want to explain how to change the DT25 amp topologies for the helix with a midi Cable. What type of midi commands are used to get the amp to change and how are they set up?  Never messed with midi commands very much except about 25 years ago. thanks

Anyone want to explain how to change the DT25 amp topologies for the helix with a midi Cable. What type of midi commands are used to get the amp to change and how are they set up?  Never messed with midi commands very much except about 25 years ago. thanks

I answered your message but I'll post it here as well.

Here's a link to the DT Amplifier MIDI Implementation Guide.  

http://line6.com/media/dt50/DT_MIDIGuide_v2_0_RevA_English.pdf  

The part you're asking about is on page 2.2.

So if you wanted to set up a footswitch to switch the DT to Channel B Voicing III you would:

• select the menu button (next to the SAVE button)
  • select Command Center
  • use the joystick to choose which footswitch you want to assign this command
  • Rotate the Command knob to select MIDI CC
  • Leave MIDI Ch set on Base
  • Dial in 122 for CC#
  • Dial in 6 for Value
  • select Customize which will allow you to name the footswitch
  • press OK when you're done

Now whenever you press that footswitch the DT will go right to Channel B Voicing III

For another example, if you just want to set up a footswitch to toggle between channel A & B on the DT, you would set MIDI CC# to 66 and any use any number you want for Value.  (page 2.1)