Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD400 not storing AMP setting

dolhop

I have an HD400 and am trying to store some patches with the amp simulation disabled.   The preset saves, however, when I switch to another preset and back I can hear that the patch is totally different as though the amp simulation has been re-enabled.  (Even though the amp LED is off in HDEDIT on the PC).  If I re-enable the amp, then disable I get the sound that I originally stored.

HD monkey says I am up to date on all pieces of software.  Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

How are you switching presets and back? When HD400 Edit is running you should use it to switch presets. If you use the footswitches on the device it can cause a loss of synchronicity between the edit program and the device, leading to the symptom you describe.

If you can reproduce this reliably using only the HD400 Edit program (I.e. Without touching the Hd400 footswitches) then we need to explore further. But if the problem is only present whe using both the edit program and the device simultaneously, then the solution is evident: just use the edit program and don't touch the device while the edit program is running.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  I was hoping to use my HD400 with my acoustic guitar for a show this weekend, but without the ability to turn off the amp/cab simulation, this will just not work.....