Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X Looper issue

Guitarguy28469

same for me

I had the HD bean and now the 500x and the same problem on both

with the volume and overdub setting to 100%

the looper is not the best point of this gear

it's like the output comes out as mono

the best you can do, is connect to a PA and adjust with PA to get a descend volume

and overdub no more as 3 sound

I hope in the future a good update to make the looper better or any option to disable it on the chain to make a free space

For my part I use an external looper and you can hear a world of difference

• 1 year later...

Hello there... I dont kn what settings changes happened in my podhd500x but when i loop smthing and go back to the path and change to another path, even the looped tone changes its tone also when varing the volume of the pedal the looped tone volume changes. can anyone help me with this problem or how can i reset my board...

right, playback and overdub....sorry, I got interrupted in my post... 

Just a note, if you have dual tone patches that are stereo and you try using the looper post something like this can happen. The reason is because the looper is mono and the recordings are summed. 

My guess is you might be using a stereo patch and have phase cancellation due to the looper being mono. This will reduce the volume...Most noticeably, the tone will be come very thin sounding because the low end will cancel more precisely.

When you say "very loud by compare"...That can mean a lot of things to a lot of people. I have stereo patches that sum fairly well and my path is pretty hot and my playover patches are around +3db louder than playback...But most of that is an ambient difference between the mono looper and the live stereo patch...It's mostly a perceived volume difference IMO...

Hi Folks,

I am also getting the same issue where playback volume is almost half and then it increases later while using looper function which eventually render it useless.

Guitar is connected to HD500x and then out is via L/Mono to Marshall MG10CF.

Any pointers ?