Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What should be in the Variax Standard box?

stewdean

Hi,

I've just received a new Variax standard and am a bit perplexed as it wasn't in it's original box. It was in very good condition and came with a gig bag but appears to be missing some bits like the whammy bar and I believe there should be a USB interface.

What is in the box with a new Variax standard? I want to know what I'm missing or what I got extra.

Thanks.

Stew

You're also up a gig bag. The Korean JTV's come with gig bags, the US JTV's come with hard shell cases, but the Standard's come from the manufacturer with no bag. It was the same thing when I bought my 300 in 2005. I bought a hardshell Gator case that I still use with my JTV 69S now. I watched a guy unbox the Standard on the forum, and was surprised that it had no bag, just the guitar in the cardboard box.

The unit you got sounds suspicious to me -- I think you got a used guitar or a returned unit.... With all the inconsistent items you noted.... One question - did the gig bag have the Line 6 logo on it?

Dave