Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So why is it taking sooooo long for Helix to be readily Available.

lefttygtr

1/11/16 is the new "expected" availability date. GC must not really care at all, as the response I got when I asked made sure to remind me that I can cancel my order at any time.....f&%kers....

Wow, they must be getting fed up with people asking too.

Line 6

Hi Guys, this Facebook page has no affiliation with Line 6. Please visithttps://www.facebook.com/line6/ for all Helix-related news

Ugh... Yeah, I posted that and it was taken down immediately.

James Limborg has at least three Facebook pages, all pretending to be official Line 6 Helix Facebook groups, and all specifically designed to pimp his patches for a competing product. He also posted a one-star review on either GC.com or MusiciansFriend.com weeks before Helix was even available, again, all designed to pimp his patches. Unbelievably shady.

Gotta love it. Snagged a "blemished" Helix from Zzounds that turned out to be a scuffed protective tape on the scribble strips, which did its job well. Happy purchase at almost 20% off and no waiting... so check those sites periodically and maybe you'll get lucky.

Haaahaa! I've been trying to tell everyone that the scribble strip lenses have removable plastic as well, but not everyone's been paying attention. Props!

James Limborg has at least three Facebook pages, all pretending to be official Line 6 Helix Facebook groups, and all specifically designed to pimp his patches for a competing product. He also posted a one-star review on either GC.com or MusiciansFriend.com weeks before Helix was even available, again, all designed to pimp his patches. Unbelievably shady.

Right - I already made a post about this some time ago. Didn't want to say names though, so maby nobody cared:

http://line6.com/support/topic/14742-lets-get-rid-of-this-troll/

After reading about all the bugs and problems with software and possibly hardware I don't think I want to spend my next three months debugging Helix for Line 6.   My background is performing electronic reliability tests and design verification testing.   Apparently Line 6 / Yamaha or whomever is responsible for validating this design did not do a very good job.   As I said earlier,  I'm willing to bet they've uncovered a serious flaw and are scrambling to resolve it before delivering the next production run.  I am available for hire if you guys need help improving your quality rather than letting your customers do it for you.   On the other hand, maybe not because I would have never authorized it's release,  How long is Musicians Friend's return policy?   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You know...I saw that review and peeked at his webpage.  Mind you I didn't know he was the guy behind the FB Page.  I remember thinking, "what a d*ck".  His packs are amazingly overpriced and the only person I've seen giving his packs a good review is him.  

That said, I just went to the page, and your comment is still up.

I just got an email from MusiciansFu**ers.com regarding the backorder.  The date didn't change, but I suspect that the date is now about to.  It's been close to two months since I ordered this thing.

In other news, the second Banana gets their shipment (estimated 12/30 tracking date), MF is history.  They both know it; first one in gets my dime.

I pre-ordered with Sweetwater on 11/13; they just called a few minutes ago to let me know it's shipping today and I should have it tomorrow :)  Which makes 47 days from pre-order to delivery; not the worst way to spend 12.88% of a year, that's for sure! It's the 4 million seconds that were the hardest; the 1,100 hours just flew by, though the last 28 have been fantastic! 

47 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 4,060,800 seconds
  • 67,680 minutes
  • 1128 hours
  • 47 days
  • 6 weeks and 5 days
  • 12.88% of 2015

Cool, another person who ordered after I did getting their Helix shipped....

cool...

Don't feel; too bad bud, I've had retailers tell me I was going to get my Helix rack/control combo the middle of November back in October, and I've been hearing "it'll be here 'soon'" every couple of weeks since. However, I do feel your frustration, and "soon" better be SOON gosh darn it! :P​

Sweetwater must have more clout than GC.  I ordered from GC on 11-11-2015. they have not notified me per FTC requirements when to expect delivery.

My silence is due to lack of communication from GC.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/selling-internet-prompt-delivery-rules

Complying With The Rule

By law, you must have a reasonable basis for stating that a product can be shipped within a certain time. If your advertising doesn't clearly and prominently state the shipment period, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days.

If you can't ship within the promised time (or within 30 days if you made no promise), you must notify the customer of the delay, provide a revised shipment date and explain his right to cancel and get a full and prompt refund.

For definite delays of up to 30 days, you may treat the customer's silence as agreeing to the delay. But for longer or indefinite delays - and second and subsequent delays - you must get the customer's written, electronic or verbal consent to the delay. If the customer doesn't give you his okay, you must promptly refund all the money the customer paid you without being asked by the customer.

I pre-ordered with Sweetwater on 11/13; they just called a few minutes ago to let me know it's shipping today and I should have it tomorrow :)  Which makes 47 days from pre-order to delivery; not the worst way to spend 12.88% of a year, that's for sure! It's the 4 million seconds that were the hardest; the 1,100 hours just flew by, though the last 28 have been fantastic! 

47 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 4,060,800 seconds
  • 67,680 minutes
  • 1128 hours
  • 47 days
  • 6 weeks and 5 days
  • 12.88% of 2015

Fantastic news for those of us who ordered through Sweetwater. ETA on mine, I was told, is 12/29 (Today). 

Sorry to jump in with my story, but I ordered my Helix from Guitar Center on Christmas Eve and it is ready for delivery on 1/4/2016. I got the 36 month financing deal too. Apparently when I ordered my Helix, there were over 100 preordered and 1 in stock at the main distribution center. Thankfully, I got that one. Now hopefully it isn't a returned unit that is messed up at all. We'll see on Monday I guess.

Sorry to jump in with my story, but I ordered my Helix from Guitar Center on Christmas Eve and it is ready for delivery on 1/4/2016. I got the 36 month financing deal too. Apparently when I ordered my Helix, there were over 100 preordered and 1 in stock at the main distribution center. Thankfully, I got that one. Now hopefully it isn't a returned unit that is messed up at all. We'll see on Monday I guess.

If you come back and say you got yours shipped already, I'm gonna have to go fight someone. I've called them multiple times trying to source one from a store, and I'm told that they don't have any, or they have open box items, but I can't have any discount because I used a coupon when I pre-ordered...and they're still putting a hold on my account the day after it expires since 11/8...

If you come back and say you got yours shipped already, I'm gonna have to go fight someone. I've called them multiple times trying to source one from a store, and I'm told that they don't have any, or they have open box items, but I can't have any discount because I used a coupon when I pre-ordered...and they're still putting a hold on my account the day after it expires since 11/8...

Actually it did ship. :-) It came from Florida and I'm in PA. I would have went to the UPS distribution center today by me to pick it up, but they are closed until Monday. :-(

Ok guys I've spoken to two retailers, both of which confirmed that the delay is because they are all being held at Yamaha distribution for a pre-shipping firmware update. So they are pretty much working through those in batches and sending them to retailers. Apparently the end of January is the time where deliveries will be back to normal

• Upvote 1

Ok guys I've spoken to two retailers, both of which confirmed that the delay is because they are all being held at Yamaha distribution for a pre-shipping firmware update. So they are pretty much working through those in batches and sending them to retailers. Apparently the end of January is the time where deliveries will be back to normal

Is that Yamaha eu or Yamaha uk?

I had a feeling that this may be the case, my opinion is that they are checking each unit as there have more than a few problems.

I finally got my Helix on Dec 29, but it took a LOT of proactivity on my part.  I'd called the Guitar Center website and they told me that my initial order was set to "ship from warehouse" as opposed to "ship from a store".  I was told that this meant it could ship from ANY Guitar Center store that happened to have a Helix in.  So I had to have my initial order cancelled, and a new order put in (apparently without "losing my place in line).  Once my local GC store did that for me, it shipped in a day (from New York) and I received it a week later.  Crazy.

• Upvote 1

Cool, another person who ordered after I did getting their Helix shipped....

cool...

Well, don't feel too bad bro; my just arrived Helix has a defective scribble strip and will be headed back to Sweetwater or Line6 tomorrow... On a brighter note, it sounds fantastic,so keep smiling knowing what you are waiting for is worth it! :)

Here is a bit of irony:

My Banana's at Large guy called me yesterday to tell me he had a unit for me.  I was getting ready to drive down to pick it up when we received a flood advisory at the county line.  Called Banana's and said I would be down tomorrow (today).  Got to the office, checked my email, and had received a tracking number from UPS for shipment out of MF's KC warehouse.  Card charged, everything.

I just called the local retailer and apologized up and down.

On a brighter note, I did receive my shipment notice and will have this damn thing underfoot within the week.

• Upvote 1

Here is a bit of irony:

My Banana's at Large guy called me yesterday to tell me he had a unit for me.  I was getting ready to drive down to pick it up when we received a flood advisory at the county line.  Called Banana's and said I would be down tomorrow (today).  Got to the office, checked my email, and had received a tracking number from UPS for shipment out of MF's KC warehouse.  Card charged, everything.

I just called the local retailer and apologized up and down.

On a brighter note, I did receive my shipment notice and will have this damn thing underfoot within the week.

When you finally get this thing and play with it for a while I'm gonna yell YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! so freakin' loud your going to hear it and I'm 3000 miles away from Ya, lol.

• Upvote 1

I'm based in Texas so I don't know everything that happens at headquarters, but from what I can tell, the demand was greater than what was initially projected. I know there were units shipping out in September and I think maybe some in late August as well. But there were so many pre-ordered units, that the first batch that were shipped out sold out in about 2 days. In a way, it was a good problem to have. Meaning that people were really hyped about the product and liked what they saw. But I understand the frustration! Have no fear, many more are coming and overall reaction is very positive. Helix is a killer product and it's no wonder why they sell so quickly.

I have news, 2 retailers have stated that Yamaha have now shipped all of the orders to the uk and that they are now in the uk going through customs, so in the uk we should have news early next week :) and maybe a delivery by the end of next week.

Getting real excited now!

I have news, 2 retailers have stated that Yamaha have now shipped all of the orders to the uk and that they are now in the uk going through customs, so in the uk we should have news early next week :) and maybe a delivery by the end of next week.

Getting real excited now!

As a UK resident, you should know better than using the Americanism "real excited". But I am glad you are getting really excited. Sorry. I know I am tilting at windmills here, but I am surprised that one has made it across the pond. I hope you have your Helix soon.

• Upvote 1

MF/GC must have got their expected order, because I just got my tracking notice, too. Super excited to get this thing by the weekend, super weary of all the damaged display stories.

My helix is in amazing condition. No problems yet with displays or anything. I've been jamming on it all week.

more like profiteering people trying to sell for 500$ over retail to people that wont wait....

i didn't see one disgruntled comment on any ads.... and you wouldn't put one if you were trying to sell it anyway...

however... i think your pessimistic interpretation is far from true.

eBay is getting cluttered with helix units for sale from disgruntled purchasers. So if you can't wait go yo eBay.

eBay is getting cluttered with helix units for sale from disgruntled purchasers. So if you can't wait go yo eBay.

There are only three Helixes on eBay being sold by US sellers right now, and one of them, as Zap said, is listed for $1950. The other is at street price, and the other at $1350... Hardly a ton. There are two other being sold from Japanese sellers, and they're $1000 more than the US street price.

more like profiteering people trying to sell for 500$ over retail to people that wont wait....

i didn't see one disgruntled comment on any ads.... and you wouldn't put one if you were trying to sell it anyway...

however... i think your pessimistic interpretation is far from true.

Yup; some of the same profiteering going on Ebay for the new Fractal AX8. Saw an AX8 that just sold for over $2,500..

My Sales Engineer at Sweetwater said there were some on the truck being delivered to them yesterday.  Im in line and should be getting one of them. Im going to check with them today to see if they got them last night. 

EDIT:  i thought it was this past tuesday.  Its next tuesday they are supposed to be delivered. 

Phil m just look at the completed listings. This is just the tip of the iceberg.. These are the ones purchasers were on the fence keeping and missed their return window. Now putting them on eBay. not to mention the hot potatoes sweetwater has been dumping on here from returns.