Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So why is it taking sooooo long for Helix to be readily Available.

lefttygtr

Phil m just look at the completed listings. This is just the tip of the iceberg.. These are the ones purchasers were on the fence keeping and missed their return window. Now putting them on eBay. not to mention the hot potatoes sweetwater has been dumping on here from returns.

I count 29 sold Helixes on eBay going back to October... I imagine the number of Helixes on the street is probably at least over 1000 now. Just not seeing a mass exodus. Of course there Line 6 can't please everyone.

I count 29 sold Helixes on eBay going back to October... I imagine the number of Helixes on the street is probably at least over 1000 now. Just not seeing a mass exodus. Of course there Line 6 can't please everyone.

You think the initial roll out was only 1000 units? For the sake of the company that we've all patronized repeatedly, I hope it was a hell of a lot more than that...

My rep said 1/6 was the delivery date. Can we confirm then that it's actually NEXT Tuesday they'll be at Sweetwater?

I got the confirmation of Tuesday the 12th as well. There was an exception on the pickup and it was misread a an exception on delivery. They thought the exception from tuesday Jan 5 meant it would be delivered Jan 6.

You think the initial roll out was only 1000 units? For the sake of the company that we've all patronized repeatedly, I hope it was a hell of a lot more than that...

Well, I said at least 1000. I have no idea what the number is, but I don't know that we're dealing with tens of thousands yet.

I got the confirmation of Tuesday the 12th as well. There was an exception on the pickup and it was misread a an exception on delivery. They thought the exception from tuesday Jan 5 meant it would be delivered Jan 6.

That certainly makes sense then. My guy at Sweetwater was incorrect. Sucks, but that's alright. I understand. Sounds like we'll get them next week though :) 

The one I picked up yesterday (after waiting two months) came with the latest firmware installed. I was a little worried when I opened it up and there was one cut sticker under a new sticker closing the box, but everything looks untouched, so I'm guessing they had to unbox it and install the firmware.

The one I picked up yesterday (after waiting two months) came with the latest firmware installed. I was a little worried when I opened it up and there was one cut sticker under a new sticker closing the box, but everything looks untouched, so I'm guessing they had to unbox it and install the firmware.

Yep, that's more than likely what happened. We updated the firmware in the Rocklin (CA) warehouse before shipping out to dealers.

• Upvote 1

Just plugged her in - to those waiting still - dont worry its well worth the wait. I switched my Orange Rockerverb 50 and Closed back 2x12 with V30s for the Helix and an Ironhearts FRFR and i am not disappointed. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Ill be over in the other forums sharing ideas and tones no doubt. Good luck guys and have fun

I was told by my Sweetwater rep today that the shipment that was supposed to arrive today was delayed due to weather. He expects them in the next day or two but I have heard that 3 or 4 times in the last month. Keep seeing them go in and out of stock on Guitar Center. I'm thinking Sweetwater doesn't want people to jump ship so they just keep stringing us along.  

I was told by my Sweetwater rep today that the shipment that was supposed to arrive today was delayed due to weather. He expects them in the next day or two but I have heard that 3 or 4 times in the last month. Keep seeing them go in and out of stock on Guitar Center. I'm thinking Sweetwater doesn't want people to jump ship so they just keep stringing us along.

I was never told weather just told that they were delayed until the 22nd. I can't fully blame them but as a manager in customer service, you never over promise, under deliver. Pretty annoying but I guess I'll just keep waiting. I'm already at the top of the list... So they say

I was never told weather just told that they were delayed until the 22nd. I can't fully blame them but as a manager in customer service, you never over promise, under deliver. Pretty annoying but I guess I'll just keep waiting. I'm already at the top of the list... So they say
Yeah, I use Sweetwater, and bought my Helix with them, but they have me wondering. They sold me a defective Helix. I have already dealt with it via Line6, who were extremely prompt in replying. To date, in over a week and three emails, I have heard nothing from Sweetwater. Not even a reply, no response, no phone call, nothing. I appreciate the effort Line6 exerted to repair my Helix, it got to them for repairs yesterday. So, I will at some point need to call Sweetwater and find out what is going on. Wondering if my sales rep quit or went on vacation! :) Major props to L6 though :)

Yeah, I use Sweetwater, and bought my Helix with them, but they have me wondering. They sold me a defective Helix. I have already dealt with it via Line6, who were extremely prompt in replying. To date, in over a week and three emails, I have heard nothing from Sweetwater. Not even a reply, no response, no phone call, nothing. I appreciate the effort Line6 exerted to pay for shipping both ways on my Helix, it got to L6 for repairs yesterday. So, I will at some point need to call Sweetwater and find out what is going on. Wondering if my sales rep quit or went on vacation! :)

That's mighty considerate of Line 6 about the shipping. Good for them. I bought mine from Sweetwater also and am really glad it works. If anything ever goes wrong in the first year, looks like I'll deal with Line 6, and not Sweetwater. After 30 days from purchase, if something goes wrong and you have Sweetwater fix it, you're responsible for shipping costs, which to me seems exorbitant for something like Helix. It makes their automatic two-year warranty a little less and useful.

Hope you get this all sorted out and wind up with a functioning device.

That's mighty considerate of Line 6 about the shipping. Good for them. I bought mine from Sweetwater also and am really glad it works. If anything ever goes wrong in the first year, looks like I'll deal with Line 6, and not Sweetwater. After 30 days from purchase, if something goes wrong and you have Sweetwater fix it, you're responsible for shipping costs, which to me seems exorbitant for something like Helix. It makes their automatic two-year warranty a little less and useful.

Hope you get this all sorted out and wind up with a functioning device.

Yeah, Sweetwater are usually really on point with this stuff, so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. And yes, quite pleased with Line6, at least in terms of getting it taken care of. Stuff happens, it's as much how things are taken care of when they go wrong, as it is getting it right in the first place. I mean, the thing sounds incredible!

When I had a defective M20d, Sweetwater had a replacement sent out before I had sent them back the original. However, that sales rep doesn't work there anymore, he moved to North Carolina, so.. A lot of it depends on the salesperson

Thats disheartening.  I talked to my reps assistant today and he said they they showed to be on the truck to be delivered today.  Im anxiously waiting an update or an email saying it shipped.  

Im also "on the list"  

I did note that the "Its arriving soon" description changed from yesterday to today.  It now says "We've confirmed with Line 6 that more of this item should arrive within a few weeks. Place your order now, and we'll ship it the very same day we receive it from Line 6."  Yesterday it said "a few days"

I would hope that means that all units in the current shipment have been purchased and new orders will be a few weeks.  

Yeah, I use Sweetwater, and bought my Helix with them, but they have me wondering. They sold me a defective Helix. I have already dealt with it via Line6, who were extremely prompt in replying. To date, in over a week and three emails, I have heard nothing from Sweetwater. Not even a reply, no response, no phone call, nothing. I appreciate the effort Line6 exerted to repair my Helix, it got to them for repairs yesterday. So, I will at some point need to call Sweetwater and find out what is going on. Wondering if my sales rep quit or went on vacation! :) Major props to L6 though :)

And....Turns out, my Sweetwater sales rep did quit! Whaddya know... I got a call from my new Sweetwater sales rep following up to inquire how I like my new Helix.... :) Well, props to Sweetwater for coming back around, I was wondering but this definitely makes way more sense now!

Thats disheartening.  I talked to my reps assistant today and he said they they showed to be on the truck to be delivered today.  Im anxiously waiting an update or an email saying it shipped.  

Im also "on the list"  

I did note that the "Its arriving soon" description changed from yesterday to today.  It now says "We've confirmed with Line 6 that more of this item should arrive within a few weeks. Place your order now, and we'll ship it the very same day we receive it from Line 6."  Yesterday it said "a few days"

I would hope that means that all units in the current shipment have been purchased and new orders will be a few weeks.  

I've got 15 emails back and forth with my rep bugging them for updates. I just don't know who or what to believe. What makes me very disheartened is the fact that I'm getting strung along and I'm given completely different answers... And I doubt they'll be delivered today. I do not believe a single thing until I get a shipment email. I also noticed they've been changing their in stock message frequently. Just keep crossing your fingers... 

I've got 15 emails back and forth with my rep bugging them for updates. I just don't know who or what to believe. And I doubt they'll be delivered today. I do not believe a single thing until I get a shipment email. I also noticed they've been changing their in stock message frequently. Just keep crossing your fingers... 

Yeah i hear you.  I havent noticed the stock message being changed often.  Every time ive looked since i ordered it's said a few days.  

I think that may be one reason why i call.  An email can be ignored. They actually have to talk to you on the phone.  

Yeah i hear you.  I havent noticed the stock message being changed often.  Every time ive looked since i ordered it's said a few days.  

I think that may be one reason why i call.  An email can be ignored. They actually have to talk to you on the phone.  

Though they haven't ignored any of my emails (Good on them), they'd be better off ignoring them. They keep promising me BS dates. They could say "no update" but I suppose they don't want to upset anyone so they just string us along... 

Though they haven't ignored any of my emails (Good on them), they'd be better off ignoring them. They keep promising me BS dates. They could say "no update" but I suppose they don't want to upset anyone so they just string us along... 

Yeah i think that is the real issue.  Im okay with "no update" or "were not sure".  But if you give me a hard date, I would expect notification if that date isnt going to be upheld.  Thats just good customer service.

Yeah i think that is the real issue. Im okay with "no update" or "were not sure". But if you give me a hard date, I would expect notification if that date isnt going to be upheld. Thats just good customer service.

Exactly. Never promise a date you can't keep. First the 29th, then the 5th, then the 6th, then the 12th. Now the 22nd. So at this point they could say anything.

They still had a few this morning. I ordered one and cancelled my other order oncei got the shipping confirmation.

I'm just going to stick with Sweetwater. As much as I am unhappy with how things are going, I don't want to lose my spot in line just to try and order somewhere else and have them go out of stock and be back at square one...  

I'm just going to stick with Sweetwater. As much as I am unhappy with how things are going, I don't want to lose my spot in line just to try and order somewhere else and have them go out of stock and be back at square one...

I feel you. I didn't cancel the other until I had confirmation that FedEx had the package in their possession. I wasn't taking any chances.

You may have just been bumped up one spot with my cancellation.

I wonder if the delay is rooted in the scribble script issue. The new Helixes may be sitting at the warehouse waiting to have the screens replaced. I'll bet L6 is PO'd at the manufacturer.

I doubt it. We've heard of a few people with the issue, we don't have any reason to believe it's a widespread issue with the number that are probably out there.