Jump to content

Amplifi corrupt after update was interrupted


Asyran
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi there!

 

 

I wanted some help on a corrupt install. I installed an update from my phone via bluetooth but the install got interrupted half-way. Now the amp won't be detected by my PC (using the Line6 update software) or respond to any inputs. It just shows all the patch lights as on (A,B,C,D). Any help would be very appreciated.

 

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Triryche but the app now does not detect any Amplifi amp. It was working absolutely fine earlier using the same phone and the latest app. The only issue I kept having is frequent BT disconnects which is why I wanted to update the firmware.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What the hell have You done!

 

After hours of time getting the Amplifi 75 working for the first time (ask a friend for an iPad; sitting; trying; checking; trying again) until today I get same old problems like 3 months ago. Firmware update is breaking up (whithout any reason); conncetions cancel; 4 lights flashing and the good impressions are blown away...

 

I tried to reconnect via Android- it says install "Line 6 updater" on PC. Did it. Update fails thousand times because of USB connection problems. Windows says "amplify is connected" via USB...

 

Nice idea to let all possible lights flashing around X-mas... but I cant laugh about that! 

 

The Line 6 Amplifi is such a good idea, with such a bad software solution.

 

Am I right, that I have to lend me an iPad again to set the thing back to Firmware v1 to make it work again?

 

P.S. Why is Line 6 not able to create a good, stable and modern software for the Amplifier? I think a lot of people would give You a fair payment for a good solution.

 

DiSch, from Potsdam, Germany

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally! Thanks a lot  for the help Triryche. I paired an iPad to the Amplifi as even though all four lights were flashing, the bluetooth was working (BTW this did not work with my Android phone which is on Lollipop). Then from the device flash screen I downgraded the firmware to 1.0. Weird thing which has been mentioned before is that even though it's an Amplifi 150, it shows up on the bluetooth as a 75.

 

I'll try updating the amp the standard way now by connecting my laptop to it and using the Line 6 updater PC application. Will update on the results once it's done!

 

Cheers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally go it up and running. Installed the latest drivers uning the AISO divers and Line 6 PC updater. His should not have to be so difficult just to update the firmware. Thank god that's over, for now, until the next update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally go it up and running. Installed the latest drivers uning the AISO divers and Line 6 PC updater. His should not have to be so difficult just to update the firmware. Thank god that's over, for now, until the next update.

 

Once you have the PC updater it's easy every time.  I've updated twice using that and it gave me no problems. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...