Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500x - Midi Madness... A Question.

Jasonbrianmerrill

Hello,

I was thrilled to hear that the Pod hd500x was also usable as a midi controller.

However, I have found the process absolutely time consuming and confusing.

I use reaper - in my midi devices in reaper, I see the Pod HD500x:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqe5nk1aebjpg2u/Screenshot%202013-07-25%2023.30.01.png

notice that the pod hd500x is coming up as a midi device?!?!!

however, I have a midi cable connected to the firepod, my interface.

which one actually works? What is the step by step process? Can I set it in HD500X Edit? The manual is about as clear as mud on this one.

@SiCantwell  That's not how midi works.  Midi pickups individually pick up each guitar string, allowing them to be processed separately.  Something extremely similar occurs in the Variax.  Midi controllers are another beast altogether - that's using midi signals to trigger events, such as changing a patch on an effects unit.  It's even theoretically possible to use the HD500 to control a rackmount synth and have the switches act as keys through midi signals.  

BUT, there is no midi signal coming from your guitar without a midi pickup, therefore the HD500 cannot possibly "turn your guitar into a midi controller."  

• 2 years later...

hey ..attention ..please this is for line 6 pod hd 500x .....since boss has now released its new update for gt 100 that converts guitar into a midi device .. i am feeling inferior with my line 6 product which i recently brought (pod hd500x) ... please i expect quality resolution and hope u will keep up the best multi effect processor :D ;) pls make a update for pod hd 500x :( 

• Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

i really wish someone could write a step by step midi setup tut for the dummyest, not leaving out any of the most basic and obvious, still havent figured that out

like send the pedal midi to pc/daw, map or modulate it, then return it to pod to control a parameter, or can this be done?

the one vid on youtube dealing with midi on the pod is in portugese and about as helpful as the cc table in the manual

i can figure out things on the daw side, the pod remains a mystery