Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dynamic DSP

pob41

Put a belting patch together tonight using the Fern A30 and J45 Amp+cab amps. Used a comp, eq, stereo delay and reverb. Sounded great but couldn't add anything else, the DSP was maxed. I understand the limitations and the manual refers to how all the different amps and effects make variable use of the DSP, but are there any guidelines on the DSP demands? Which amps and effects use the most DSP and which the least? Some insight would be very useful.

Thanks!

Keep in mind that each path (1 and 2) have their own processing. If you fill up path 1, you've still used up less than 50% of the total available DSP. Route path 1 into path 2 and you're golden.

Good to know:)

Is there any way of using all 4 rows as a signal chain (without using it as a parallell)?

Yep, just check out the preset TEMPLATES -> 01D Super Serial for an excellent example.

Tnx. I don't have the unit here...usually in the tour bus.

But I'll look at it :-)

I've trying to get the signal to go to row 2 (out of 4), but haven't succeeded yet. Wonder how you can force it into 4 rows:)

Tnx. I don't have the unit here...usually in the tour bus.

But I'll look at it :-)

I've trying to get the signal to go to row 2 (out of 4), but haven't succeeded yet. Wonder how you can force it into 4 rows:)

Highlight one of the amps or effects on path 1A, press ACTION, drag it down and it will create path 1B, press ACTION again to release it.

You'll notice that 1B splits from 1A but merges later on down the path.  If you select the point that it merges (merge block), you can press ACTION to drag it down so that 1B has it's own output and doesn't merge back into 1A.

Go to the output block for 1A or 1B, rotate the joystick to route it to path 2A.

Highlight one of the amps or effects on path 2A, press ACTION, drag it down and it will create path 2B, press ACTION again to release it.

Highlight one of the amps or effects on path 1A, press ACTION, drag it down and it will create path 1B, press ACTION again to release it.

You'll notice that 1B splits from 1A but merges later on down the path.  If you select the point that it merges (merge block), you can press ACTION to drag it down so that 1B has it's own output and doesn't merge back into 1A.

Go to the output block for 1A or 1B, rotate the joystick to route it to path 2A.

Highlight one of the amps or effects on path 2A, press ACTION, drag it down and it will create path 2B, press ACTION again to release it.

Hm...but this sounds like parallell though, not all 4 in series?

So, 1A with a chain (1B) and 2A with a chain (2B).

I want guitar in -> A, B, C, D->output.

But i'll check the unit tomorrow:)