Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Creating amp settings for songs?

ringmany

Hi everyone,

I purchased the Line 6 Amplifi a couple months ago and it's been quite enjoyable. I've just started playing guitar so I find the pre-set tones that users have created to be very helpful as a beginner as I don't know the amp settings for a lot of songs.

My main problem is that a lot of songs I want to play don't have tones already created or haven't been made by the community yet. Or they are quite low rating.

So my question is, how do I create my own amp settings for songs I want to play? As I'm a beginner, I'm very unfamiliar with creating amp settings as I don't know is needed and it's hard for me to replicate a sound by ear.

I'm a big fan of Muse and I want to play some of their songs such as:

Supermassive black hole

Stockholm Syndrome

Showbiz

New Born

And various others. Some of these don't have any tones created and others have low ratings so I'm wondering how I can create my own? The manual isn't brilliant for this amp so I'm uncertain whether I can download a tone from online.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how a beginner can create their own tones for songs?

Thank you.

In general, creating your own tones is quite simple.  Just select the gear you want to use and play around with the settings until you get a tone you like.

For creating specific tones for an individual song or artist, I find it easiest to do a google search and see what might come up.

For example, going to google and searching for "muse supermassive black hole guitar tone" gives a ton of good search results that you can read through to find out which types of amps they use and what effect pedals and settings would work.

Also, Equipboard.com is a decent place to look up what gear different artist's use/have used.  Here's the page for Matthew Bellamy:  http://equipboard.com/pros/matthew-bellamy

Then, you just have to find equivalent amps and effects on your Amplifi and set up your tone.  Here's a list of the gear equivalents for the Amplifi amps:  http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifi-products/ampl/amplififulllistofampsandeffects

I don't know if I'd call it "quite simple" to duplicate a tone. If you listen to a lot of the user created tones you can see that many have failed at this. I only hear about 1 in 10 user created tones that come close to the actual tone in hte song. But those are the ones I save off.

Hello there...similar question

I have had the Amplifi 150 for a while now, but since the recent updates there is something I have noticed...

It used to be, when I wanted to play a Pink Floyd song I had in my library, it would search for a tone, I would customize it; make it a favorite for that song...

So every time I pulled up Pink Floyd Dogs in my music queue on the Amplifi app, it would automatically select the tone I customized and saved. 

Now when I play that song I have to weed through the thousands of Pink Floyd tones.

How to I get the app/amp to use the tone I want it to use for Pink Floyd?  Like it used to do, when I could save them as favorites.  What am I missing?

Help!!!!