intelman07

DT50 112 Blowing Main Fuses

And both of Steve Howe's DT50 sound nice. Had the pleasure of

checking out and servicing both of his DT50-212's. They're real good.

Yeah, those 212 ones are heavy.

Wish I could score one or two of Steve's HD500 sound patches just for comparison.  I use the Deluxe Reverb pre-amp for most of my YES tones.

I purchased my DT50 2x12 in October of 2011 and had no issues until lately. Is there a way to find out if this was in the batch with bad transformers? Serial number is 

(sn removed from post)

I would contact Line6 directly via phone or support ticket.

In Ibwhite75's case, it's something else. And it's something that can affect the transformer.

Needs to go to an authorized service center for a going over.

You've had the amp since 2011, when was the last time the tubes were changed out?

Line 6 replaced mine this week. They had me ship it back and they repaired and shipped it back. Only cost I had was $18 to pack it for shipping

Line 6 replaced mine this week. They had me ship it back and they repaired and shipped it back. Only cost I had was $18 to pack it for shipping

FYI:

http://fullcompass.com has exact xformer replacements for the 212 (if ya need to get one on your own).  Price is:  $107.25

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/227127-Line-6-11-30-0044

Also:

Does anyone know exactly what is stamped on their inline fuse (backside chassis mount).

Mine has the following:  313 on one side of the fuse AND and LF .1A/250VP on the other. The replacement is to be a:  T5AL250V  per the text just below the socket.

Can someone verify that this is the correct fuse that I have installed.

I purchased the amp from AMS on 1/5/2015 and it sat for 2.5 years due to being out of the country, however, my xformer died within 1 month of returning....just today 2018-April-7.  The fuse looks perfect and shows continuity via my DVM so I don't know.

Tim

N9NU

On 4/8/2018 at 6:46 PM, n9nu said:

FYI:

http://fullcompass.com has exact xformer replacements for the 212 (if ya need to get one on your own).  Price is:  $107.25

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/227127-Line-6-11-30-0044

Also:

Does anyone know exactly what is stamped on their inline fuse (backside chassis mount).

Mine has the following:  313 on one side of the fuse AND and LF .1A/250VP on the other. The replacement is to be a:  T5AL250V  per the text just below the socket.

Can someone verify that this is the correct fuse that I have installed.

I purchased the amp from AMS on 1/5/2015 and it sat for 2.5 years due to being out of the country, however, my xformer died within 1 month of returning....just today 2018-April-7.  The fuse looks perfect and shows continuity via my DVM so I don't know.

Tim

N9NU

Thanks for the info. My DT50 212 is blowing that fuse under the power chord. I have a DT20 as back up so I used that fuse to test the DT50 and it blew as well. I believe  this is the correct fuse as I got the same one (T5AL250V).

I'm about to test the amp with the tubes out to see if the fuse pops, if it doesnt then I'll know the issue is not the transformer but my tubes. If it does however, then the link you shared will be handy :) as I suspect it is a transformer issue. My closest Line 6 dealer is 5 hours away even though I live in the capital of Canada, so that is out for me to just do simple tests.