Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 500X 4 cable method?

ChaserHUN

Hey

After using the POD HD 500X with an Alto TS112A, I'm probably going back to real tube amp, and using the POD as a multi effect only with 4 cable method. On it's own it sounded amazing, but with a band, no matter how I EQ-d, or loud it was, couldn't keep really up with the real amps. Doesn't sound as good as the real deal. I've red stuff that with the 4 cable method the tone gets muffled etc? Any experience with this? I'm probably going to use it tihe a Valveking. and switch channels via midi.

i use my hd 4cm with my tube head, sounds great, didn,t noticed any "tone suck"

there is some level signal loss with the effects return send of the hd, but that's solved by placing the effectsloop block after the mixing block and boosting the mixer by 6/8 db.

i use my hd 4cm with my tube head, sounds great, didn,t noticed any "tone suck"

there is some level signal loss with the effects return send of the hd, but that's solved by placing the effectsloop block after the mixing block and boosting the mixer by 6/8 db.

The FX loop has it's own dB boost, so you should be able to place it anywhere in the chain and level things out without messing with the mixer...in fact, on a few patches where I want to keep the same tone for rhythm and lead, that's what I use it for. Just plug the send straight into the return with a 3" cable, and boost it by about 3-4 dB.

there are a lot of ways to do this, screamer, studio eq(clean boost), a compressor, the boost comp, etc etc

i use the parametric eq before front amp, "lows 40% highs 45%   freq 45% Q 40%  gain + 8 db"( you can sweep the freq and Q to youre own taste),  this gives my amp a warm midboost for singing leads on the crunch channel and a satch like high gain lead tone on my lead channel.

i use the studio eq at the end of my chain for a 4 db solo clean boost