Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Backpack Photos

Digital_Igloo

Looks nice. I am old though. I dont understand this generations fascination with backpacks for everything. I hate wearing a backpack. It makes me feel like I am back in the military and I didn't like it then. But that is nothing against the product. It looks nice and should sell well. Good job Line 6.

• Upvote 1

Looks nice. I am old though. I dont understand this generations fascination with backpacks for everything. I hate wearing a backpack. It makes me feel like I am back in the military and I didn't like it then. But that is nothing against the product. It looks nice and should sell well. Good job Line 6.

You don't wanna trek to some beautiful, scenic vista, and share an intimate moment with your Helix? Heartless rogue...don't forget the champagne and strawberries. ;)

If a Helix plays in a forest, and no one is there to hear it, does it sound as good as an Axe FX?

• Upvote 2

Helix should ship with it at this price point :-)

It doesn't really work that way. MSRP/MAP is directly tied to parts and development costs (among other things). If Helix shipped with a backpack, it'd cost $1649 instead of $1499.

I hate wearing a backpack.

That's why we didn't include the backpack. BigRalphN would've spent $1649 and tossed the backpack in a closet when he could've spent $1499.  :D

Those zippers look like the rubber coated kind you would likely find on a waterproof/resistant garment. That would lead me to believe L6 at least considered weather resistant measures to protect the Helix from the elements.

That is of course I'm seeing the picture correctly and it's not just some weird lighting effect when the photo was taken.

L4UheZo.jpg

does it have the same stiff type foam inside like the M20D bag it's hard to tell from the picture. I really like the bag for the M20D.  the price is a little steep though... I hope to get it at a discount at GC around black Friday or Christmas. looks like there is enough room for 2 expression peddles in the outer case right? I really love my Helix. 

Any chance of something other than a backpack?

I'm 41 and have not used a backpack since I was in school, don't plan on starting back with either.

Seems I seen a case of some sorts for the hd500/x. I wonder if the helix would fit into it.

Today it was raining and I wanted to take my helix to a friend's house but I don't yet have anything to put it in.

• Upvote 1

Today it was raining and I wanted to take my helix to a friend's house but I don't yet have anything to put it in.

Unless we're talking "40 days and 40 nights" kinda rain, I'm sure a good old fashioned garbage bag would have gotten you from the front door to the car without any permanent damage...;)

I have guitars in shop in back yard, so kinda farther to the truck. Today it's been doing some stupid raining, my carport had a 3 inch flood earlier ( moving water) I changed my mind about going to back yard.

Starting to let up some now I think. But ya I could use a good water proof case.

• 1 month later...

I just received my backpack today from Sweetwater!!!!! I had preordered it over a month ago after seeing the pictures. It EXCEEDS my expectations!!! All of the fabric is top notch and the detail is well thought out. Rugged handles, rugged and water resistant zippers, loads of padding, vast storage and even some cool detail with small zippered pockets and helix branded fabric. One of my happiest specs is the deeper front pocket. I've always had issues carrying my 3" wide leather strap with other bags...Not now. Since I have owned my Helix, I have had to use the trash bag method a few times to take it out in the rain and carried it in a towel a couple others. I'm so happy to get this, going without was getting OLD!

Just got mine last night and really like it. Yeah, I don't know how many muggers are really going to know what a helix is..... or Line 6 for that matter. In using L6 gear for over 10 years, I've never seen another in use around me, and most folks can't tell one guitar from another. I think if someone came after you, they're likely to know what a guitar is...

Dave

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know by chance if a 17" laptop would fit in the front area. It looks like it might fit but I can't seem to find any detailed specs. Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty positive a 17" laptop won't fit. I believe a 15" will. I can double-check this evening.

Any chance of something other than a backpack?

I'm 41 and have not used a backpack since I was in school, don't plan on starting back with either.

Seems I seen a case of some sorts for the hd500/x. I wonder if the helix would fit into it.

I'm 50 and haven't used a backpack in a long time as well....this case doesn't need to be used like a backpack though, it's an option....you can carry it like any case and pretty not know the backpack straps are even there....they are well concealed when not in use....just got mine 20 minutes ago, very nice case....15" laptop will fit, 17" no way....

Mine arrived and it is very nicely built.  My only concern is it is a very tight fit to get the zipper to close.  You can't get the top and bottom pieces to lay together without actually zipping it up which seems to put quite a bit of strain on the zipper.  Does anyone else find the case fits this tight?

What are the series of loops on the front for? (On both sides of the top front pocket).

They're often referred to as 'daisy chains' and they're very useful. You can use novelty carabiners to clip things like a small flashlight, ear plug boxes, water bottles, etc. They could also be used to attach a 'custom' shoulder strap if one was desired. Hell i make a map case that looks like it would fit on there quite nicely. Might work well for a set list..

Mine arrived and it is very nicely built.  My only concern is it is a very tight fit to get the zipper to close.  You can't get the top and bottom pieces to lay together without actually zipping it up which seems to put quite a bit of strain on the zipper.  Does anyone else find the case fits this tight?

Same here. It's REALLY tight. I've gotta stretch the edges to get them to wrap around the Helix. I'm glad it's snug, but in my experience, this is a recipe for worn out zippers in a year. I guess, all things considered, buying a bag once a year for $150 isn't the end of the world, but it would be nice to not have to do that.

Same here. It's REALLY tight. I've gotta stretch the edges to get them to wrap around the Helix. I'm glad it's snug, but in my experience, this is a recipe for worn out zippers in a year. I guess, all things considered, buying a bag once a year for $150 isn't the end of the world, but it would be nice to not have to do that.

I've noticed this as well, but I'm hoping that the bag will stretch a bit once it's broken in and it'll no longer be an issue. I have discovered that it is easier to close if you insert the Helix pedal end first.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.idjnow.com/gator-g-club-control-27bp-27-dj-controller-backpack-with-adjustable-interior.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAi4a2BRCu_eXo3O_k3hUSJABmN9N1Yu1qVTeLvsVvIWslYbaveNy2wQF0Fy0GhJE4t00EwRoCg27w_wcB

This item seems to have a bit more room? It extends the compartments all the way through the top of the unit but may not be as deep. It's also more money (199 us ) but it looks like another option

I've noticed this as well, but I'm hoping that the bag will stretch a bit once it's broken in and it'll no longer be an issue. I have discovered that it is easier to close if you insert the Helix pedal end first.

My Helix back pack also seemed tight to zip up initially, but in the 1st month and a half I've gigged with it 4 or 5 times, it has broken in,and does not take as much struggle to zip up. I really like this bag.

Dave